Thread: Northern Ireland

Default Northern Ireland

So, this year I will finally be moving to the emerald isle to be with my long term partner. Despite her and her daughter being omni (hmmm..) I have been looking forward to being with them for years. So, I am guessing that there is not much happening for Vegans over there? I hope you can prove me wrong!!

Steve x

Default Re: Northern Ireland

I'm down in Dublin, I'm not sure what the North specifically is like but Ireland in general is grand for vegans, it's not like we're a third world country or anything! We do have health food shops!
    Houmous atá ann!

Quote Blueberries View Post
    I'm down in Dublin, I'm not sure what the North specifically is like but Ireland in general is grand for vegans, it's not like we're a third world country or anything! We do have health food shops!
    Hi! and many thanks for your reply. sorry if I sounded a little sarcastic, I never meant to be.

I love Ireland (north and south) and the people especially that I have met make it a very special place. I have been to places such as Sligo and the beautiful Westport but never as far as Dublin unfortunatly. I will check out the web a bit and see what the score is around Dungiven where I am going. One thing I am avoiding is my girlfreind's brother in law's dairy farm up the road!!!

Steve x

Hi Steve, I find it easy being vegan in Northern Ireland. The health food stores have a lot of vegan stuff and I love the supermarket vegan lists.

I do have trouble with eating out though..............there are no vegan only restaurants here so I've sort of given up eating out.

Anyway, I hope you settle in well over here.
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

Quote sandra View Post
    Hi Steve, I find it easy being vegan in Northern Ireland. The health food stores have a lot of vegan stuff and I love the supermarket vegan lists.

I do have trouble with eating out though..............there are no vegan only restaurants here so I've sort of given up eating out.

Anyway, I hope you settle in well over here.
    Hi Sandra,and thanks! what do you mean by supermarket vegan lists? I don't think I have seen one before?

Steve

I get them from the internet. I just type in the name of the supermarket and vegan list and up they come. Here's a few of them:- Sainsbury's vegan list
    Asda vegan list This one's for Marks and Spencer Vegan product list

There's a lot of obvious stuff on them but there's also other vegan food you might not otherwise have known about. Hope this helps!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

Quote sandra View Post
    I get them from the internet. I just type in the name of the supermarket and vegan list and up they come. Here's a few of them:- Sainsbury's vegan list
    Asda vegan list This one's for Marks and Spencer Vegan product list

There's a lot of obvious stuff on them but there's also other vegan food you might not otherwise have known about. Hope this helps!
    Thanks Sandra! that certainly does help!

Steve