Thread: Free opera ticket for Tosca at the Coliseum in St Martin's Lane

Default Free opera ticket for Tosca at the Coliseum in St Martin's Lane

Nothing to do with veganism so I hope it's OK to post this here. Anyway, I've got a ticket for tomorrow night's (Thursday 20th) performance of this opera that won't be used as a friend has dropped out. So if anyone wants it they can have it for nothing - it's seat E39 in the gods (balcony), face value 20 squid. First PM secures.

It's only just opened so there aren't many reviews yet but here's one: http://www.theartsdesk.com/index.php...pera&Itemid=27

Other stuff here
    http://www.eno.org/see-whats-on/prod....php?itemid=24

Default Re: Free opera ticket for Tosca at the Coliseum in St Martin's Lane

Another review here:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/...ed-by-tosca.do

Might be a good one to start on if you're intrigued by opera but haven't seen one - is sung in English with English surtitles so should be easy to follow.

I'd definitely take it if I didn't already have plans. Hope you find a taker!

thanks, mariana - I know it's short notice. I can probably force my mother to come if all else fails but she's a bit Tosca-ed out and I thought it might be nice to give it to someone who wouldn't normally go to t'opera.

I like opera, but so far in London have only been to a few ROH performances; haven't yet seen an ENO performance so it would have been interesting. Hope you have a good time.

I would have loved to give this a go, but sadly stuck working all day/eve this week. It's very generous of you to offer it free, harpy. I hope someone takes you up on it and that you have a lovely evening anyway

Thanks, Est.

Mariana, if you or anyone else would like to PM me your e-mail address I will circulate my future ENO dates to you in case you want to join us. And for those who are a student or under 30 (I think it is) you might want to investigate their cheap ticket scheme, called Access All Arias (geddit? ).

I like going there almost more than to the ROH; the casts are generally a bit less starry but the productions are usually interesting.

BlackCats

I did actually think of one of my opera loving friends when I saw this Harpy but she has fibro and probably wouldn't have made it at the last minute.

Quote harpy View Post
    And for those who are a student or under 30 (I think it is) you might want to investigate their cheap ticket scheme, called Access All Arias (geddit? ).
    Intellectual humour at it's best. (I always think I would probably enjoy opera if I gave it a chance.)

Well, do ask her if you like BC.

As to whether you'd like it, there's one way to find out! And despite its reputation for being expensive the cheap tickets are really quite cheap, especially the ENO ones.

BTW I believe there's going to be quite a bit of opera on television this summer but it's not quite like a live performance.

BlackCats

^ I will ask her but I spoke to her last week and she is wiped out at the moment due to illness and meds so it's unlikely, she would have loved it though.

Wish we still lived within striking distance of the Big Smoke, harpy - would have bitten your hand off (in a vegan way, of course) for a free ticket. Haven't seen Tosca for many years - the last time was at the open air opera in Holland Park, with the peacocks screaming in the background!

Hope you have a great time, though.

Don't worry BC if it's going to make her feel frustrated. They do have a lift but it doesn't sound as if she would enjoy it much in that state.

Thanks RR. The peacocks at OHP are still there, and were in good voice last year. Apparently there is a suggestion that they think the singers are other peacocks which is why they join in with such enthusiasm.

Quote harpy View Post
    Thanks, Est.

Mariana, if you or anyone else would like to PM me your e-mail address I will circulate my future ENO dates to you in case you want to join us. And for those who are a student or under 30 (I think it is) you might want to investigate their cheap ticket scheme, called Access All Arias (geddit? ).

I like going there almost more than to the ROH; the casts are generally a bit less starry but the productions are usually interesting.
    I will have to investigate that scheme. I love discount ticket schemes (last week I got £10 tickets to a ballet that normally cost £55!). Thanks, I'll PM you.