Thread: Deoderant for the active person (USA)

Default Deoderant for the active person (USA)

I'm ok with a little body odor, it's natural. Occasionally I have to be socially acceptable though and as a very active person who works out a lot I find none of these vegan and natural and organic deodorants are holding up.

The ones I've used are Jason's, Kiss My Face, and Nature's gate and tom's which is owned by Colgate now and really only makes me smell worse.

Any other suggestions by other active Men? I kind of enjoy my body odor but I don't think others do, so any suggestions are welcome.

Default Re: Deoderant for the active person USA only (Men or smelly women only)

I'm not an active man but I switch and change deodorants all the time trying to find stuff that works.

Recently in the US I found a couple I thought were quite good. Herban Cowboy's Organic Grooming deodorant stick ($9.99 from Wholefoods in NYC) and Bubble And Bee's Pit Putty deodorant stick (I got mine at Lifethymes in NYC, I think it was around $9 or $10 too). Both available online too.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

$9 for deodorant does it come in a one liter tub? Geez and I thought paying $5 for deodorant was too much. There's a reason why whole foods is nick named "the whole pay check".

To compare big name deodorants run $2.50 or so. I'll see about ones you listed above if I can get them for cheaper elsewhere.

RubyDuby

How about making your own?
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

Default Re: Deoderant for the active person (USA)

I use Simple brand antiperspirants or Thursday Plantation antiperspirant.
    I'm also active and sometimes cycle to meetings which I have to sit in for a few hours. I also work as a fitness instructor.
    The other option is to take some baby wipes or a damp flannel (washcloth) in a platic bag and a clean shirt. Then pop in the toilet do a quick underarm wipe and re apply product and change you shirt.
    I go out dancing salsa sometimes and it's not unusual for men to go and freshen up and change their shirt halfway through the evening.

Quote Eat Y'self Fitter View Post
    To compare big name deodorants run $2.50 or so.
    I've been avoiding aluminium for years so am used to paying more I guess. Although I'd rather not think about the amount I've spent on alternatives that don't work very well . . .

I didn't think you were looking for mainstream stuff as the ones you mentioned having tried are a little more expensive than $2.50 aren't they?
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Quote Marrers View Post
    I've been avoiding aluminium for years so am used to paying more I guess. Although I'd rather not think about the amount I've spent on alternatives that don't work very well . . .

I didn't think you were looking for mainstream stuff as the ones you mentioned having tried are a little more expensive than $2.50 aren't they?
    I meant more the big corporation stuff made by the big cosmetic companies, that obviously test on animals. That's what costs $2.50. Unfortunately stuff like Jason or Kiss My Face has to be purchased at the Whole Pay Check around here and that can be anywhere from $4.50-$7.

And I would love to be as autonomous as making my own deodorant, but that just adds to the things I make myself already, no time in this modern world.

Quote cookey View Post
    I use Simple brand antiperspirants or Thursday Plantation antiperspirant.
    I'm also active and sometimes cycle to meetings which I have to sit in for a few hours. I also work as a fitness instructor.
    The other option is to take some baby wipes or a damp flannel (washcloth) in a platic bag and a clean shirt. Then pop in the toilet do a quick underarm wipe and re apply product and change you shirt.
    I go out dancing salsa sometimes and it's not unusual for men to go and freshen up and change their shirt halfway through the evening.
    Yeah I do the same when I cycle to school. I usually wear cycling clothing and just change at school and take what my friend calls a "whore's bath" in the toilet stall which is exactly what you described above.

Zero

Quote Eat Y'self Fitter View Post
    what my friend calls a "whore's bath" in the toilet stall which is exactly what you described above.
    Haha, I've heard it called worse!

When I lived in Colorado I used Tom's of Maine deodorants mostly and they worked well even in the 90°f summer weather.

I've never heard it called that before - how lovely!

Hi, I'm from Australia but I'm sure the USA would have them too. They are little natural mineral salt deodrants which you wet down and rub all over your armpit. They act as a natural protective barrier against bacteria. They work super for me after a day at uni and work, I can still stick my nose right up to my armpit and have a whiff! And my favourite is they are fragrance free! Although, I am not sure how they will actually go with hairy armpits (if you do have hairy armpits). One lady I know who doesn't shave her armpits says they don't work as well for her, but she also said she didn't rub them on her armpits as long as I do. Oh and they last for over a year as they seriously are just a block of mineral salt!

I am pretty active too.
    I frequently bike to work, and have to sit through meetings and make good impressions.
    I don't wear deoderant at all.

I just 1) Shower often 2) change my clothes often and I am fine. At least, no one has said anything ever. I find I also sweat much less when I don't wear any deoderant for longer than two months. That's all I do. Shower with soap, and change my clothes. No tiny "whore's bath": the real deal.
    context is everything

I posted a natural deodorant recipe here: http://www.veganforum.com/forums/sho...odorant-recipe

I'm also finding using natural baby powder/cornstarch to be very good. My current method is: Salt stone>>baby powder>>homemade deodorant/Kiss My Face stuff. I liberally apply them everywhere, not just my armpits.
    Peace, love, and happiness.