Thread: Gaucho Grill

Default Gaucho Grill

Has anyone ever eaten at a Gaucho Grill as a vegan?

The menu doesn't seem to have even vegetarian (lacto-ovo) options, let alone vegan ones. If anyone has ever eaten there, were they prepared to accommodate you?

Default Re: Gaucho Grill

No, but according to my pal Google it's "NOT for the vegetarian" (several reviews along these lines) so the auspices don't seem good I'm afraid. If you phone them up to ask, please let us know what they say.

Rather you than me
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Well, frankly, I'm not that keen on going. I don't really like the idea of eating in a steak house. For some reason it just seems more objectionable than eating in a regular omni restaurant. I think it has to do with to the fetishisation of the flesh and skin of cows. Also I don't really like eating in restaurants which make no effort to provide vegetarian options. I was just going to go to be sociable before going to see Lady Gaga. My husband suggested going elsewhere. If it were just the two of us that would be fine, but a couple of his friends are also going and I don't feel like I can demand that we eat somewhere else. In the past people have been prepared to go to a different restaurant for me but I figure I can't always get my own way.

Would hitting him help?

I agree with your extra dislike of steak houses, which I rate as offensive as caveries. The only time I've had the misfortune of going to a 'grill' (with work) I had some salad and chips - hardly an exciting meal out.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

It's strange how the way you view these things changes. It's been almost 3 years since I last ate meat or fish and a couple of years since going vegan, and now the idea of eating meat repulses me. I especially dislike the sight of raw meat because I now see dismembered body parts and they aren't appetising.

Well the link on the O2 website says they can cater for vegans. I've been offered a mushroom risotto without parmesan. I don't expect much.