Thread: Redditch Green Fair Saturday 5th June 2010

Default Redditch Green Fair Saturday 5th June 2010

Redditch Green Fair Saturday 5th June 2010

If you are out and about on Saturday – why not consider attending this event:

Time for a quick update on the Redditch Green Fair tomorrow. It will be a great day out for the whole family with lots of attractions and entertainment.

FEATURING: Hot vegan catering, freshly made vegan smoothies, gorgeous vegan choccy, vegan toiletries, vegan curries for your freezer, irresistible vegan cup cakes and free vegan food samples.

An article about the fair is on page 2 of today's Redditch Standard http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/news21082.html

We have face painting, hair braiding, temporary tattoos, green man mask making, circus skills and lots more to keep children amused!

There'll be live music, several alternative therapists will offer treatment and a mountain of free vegan food samples will tempt your taste buds!

Solar panels and wind turbines will be on display and you'll be able to buy such things as home made jewellery, recycled products, spiritual garden ornaments, books on eco-friendly living, natural soaps and lots more!

At 12 noon, there'll be a talk at the Ecumenical Centre about the Transition Town movement.

And if you want to know more about composting, renewable energy suppliers, Green politics and the work of the Worcestershire Wildlife Trust, there will be stalls offering info on all this and lots more.

It's all taking place in and around St Stephens Church in the town centre tomorrow from 10.30am - 3pm. Admission is free.

For many more details, please see http://www.redditchgreenfair.org.uk
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

Default Re: Redditch Green Fair Saturday 5th June 2010

Update from the event:

The fifth annual Redditch Green Fair was another big success as hundreds of people flowed into the grounds of St Stephens Church to learn all about sustainable and ethical living. The event was staged on Saturday 5th June, World Environment Day, at the same time as hundreds of similar events across the globe.

With a total of 30 stalls, it was the biggest Green Fair ever staged in the town centre. The event was organised by local volunteers from various groups, under the banner of Redditch Alliance of Greens (RAG).

Kevin White from RAG said, "Once again the weather was very kind to us and people from across Redditch and beyond enjoyed our eco-extravaganza in the welcome shade of St Stephens Church Green."

"There were all kinds of eco-friendly products and services on sale as well as a wide range of free information."

"There were solar panel installers from The Green Electrician, recycled paint from New Life Paints and a range of holistic products and spiritual ornaments from Sage River Holistics."

"Green Garden Cafe, a not-for-profit vegan organic catering business from Coventry, sold out of all their delicious food, whilst Redditch Vegetarians & Vegans mountain of free vegan food samples tempted the taste buds of even the most committed carnivores!"

Several alternative therapists offered a relaxing massage and other treatments throughout the day.

Other stalls included the Transition Network, Tasker's Takeaways(vegan curries), Boomerang recycled product shop, vegan cupcakes, Lisa's Hand Made Jewellery, Chocolate Wendy House and a 'compost clinic'.

Members of Redditch Folk Club entertained fair goers with beautiful music whilst children were kept busy with face painting, hair braiding, Green Man mask making and other activities.

Kevin White continued, "Most stallholders were very pleased with how the day went and have pledged to return in future years. Many visitors filled in short questionnaires which confirm that they had a wonderful day and learnt alot about how to live more sustainably. It was a fantastic way to celebrate World Environment Day and I look forward to seeing the fair continue to grow next year. "

A gallery of photos and a film of the event will shortly be available via the website www.redditchgreenfair.org.uk

World Environment Day 2010 aimed to be the biggest ever, most widely celebrated, global day for positive, environmental action.

Commemorated on 5 June since 1972, WED is one of the principal vehicles through which the UN stimulates worldwide awareness of the environment and encourages political attention and action.
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

Default Re: Redditch Green Fair Saturday 5th June 2010

That sounds like a really great event Frank, I wish there was something like that in Northern Ireland. It must be lovely to live where there are like minded people holding events such as this fair.
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty