Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: UK - Special Deals

Default Re: Special Deals (UK)

1 litre of vimto concentrate from poundland + sparkling water from supermarket.

Should give about 5 litres of vimto for about £1.30, tastes just as good as the regular stuff too.

I just found that B&M Bargains are selling TigerTiger tikka mayo for £0.49 and Provamel custard for £0.49. Both have best before dates in Sept, but still taste good at the moment.

Cruelty-Free Products has Boy One Get One Half Price on Faith in Nature shampoos and conditioners! http://www.cruelty-free-products.co.uk

Tesco currently selling tins of black eyed beans for £0.10 each - use by date is 2015

leedsveg

Morrisons: Redwood Sage+Onion/Beef slices. Normally £1.37 but special offer of 2 packets for £2.

Lv

Linwoods are giving away 10 free sample packs of their products to people, you have to "Like" their Facebook page and sign up to the 10 day challenge. They then email you asking for your postal address and they send them out. I got
    - 2 X 15 gram packs flax & almond, Brazil nuts, walnuts & q10,
    - 1 X 25 gram flaxseed & cocoa berry,
    - 1 X 15 gram hemp,
    - 2 X 15 gram flax, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame & goji,
    - 2 X 15 gram flax seeds,
    - 1 X 25 gram goji berries,
    - 1 X 15 gram flaxseed & goji berries.

Its a couple of quids worth of products for free. This is their Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/LinwoodsSuperfoods

It doesn't even say you have to 'like' them to get the freebies! I'm going to wait to try them before I offer my oh-so-valuable 'like' endorsement!
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Oooh thats naughty of them - I saw an advert for it in a health store magazine by Linwoods and it said you had to like their page

I can recommend their products though - they are good.

You can pre-order Montezuma's Advent calendar at the moment from their site - If you use promotional code AUTUMN33 you get free delivery (if you spend over £10) until midday on 29th (Thursday).

Original Source shower gel half price in Morrisons until 30th Dec

leedsveg

Just bought a sleeping-bag for £2.50 at Tesco. However on perusal of the label, it says "not suitable for high altitude, or extremely low temperatures." Damn it! My 2012 assault on the summit of Mt Everest is going to be more expensive than I thought...

Leedsveg

^ Bargain! I'm going to buy a load of them and use them as disposable bed linen.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

leedsveg

^^^

We now have 2 of these cheepo sleeping bags. I think Mrs Lv and I intend using them when the rapture hits on 21 Dec 2012 and we have to leave the crumbling metropolis of Leeds and live rough in the Yorkshire Dales. I give us about a week 'cos Mr & Mrs Rambo we aint.

Lv

Amazon have a retailer doing half price offers on Fusion Condoms if anyone's interested (and, if you're a busy bee, they have 96 packs going for £45 - free delivery :P)

^ Sounds dangerous. Is there a fusion condom remover?

Amazon have a vegan cookbook that is free to download at the moment: Triumph of the lentil

leedsveg

Thanks Firestorm. I've downloaded it but having to wait until Mrs Lv stops reading another book before I can check it out on the Kindle.

Lv

^Nice one

Thanks Firestorm

Quote Firestorm View Post
    Amazon have a vegan cookbook that is free to download at the moment: Triumph of the lentil
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm reading through it while soup is cooking and it looks very good... especially the oven-baked doughnuts recipe

Can someone please confirm I am not being a Class A total div, and this is now no longer available to download for free?
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

Its no longer available. It was just yesterday. Sorry

Cheers!

You're not missing much.

You're not keen Risker ?

There are some recipes in it I wouldn't mind trying, but I think it would be more attractive without some of the photographs

leedsveg

Not had much chance to read much but I don't find it too bad.

Lv

^^ Yeah the photos do tend to make some of the recipes look unappetising, I'm still going to give a few of the recipes a whirl

Think it demonstrates that professional "food stylists" earn their money - although actually some of the food pictures people post on here look very attractive too.

Agree about the pictures. Some of the text in the first few pages put me off as well, like telling the reader how to avoid soya but not why and things like...

The most cruelty-free (but still not strictly vegan) source is from lanolin, which is wool fat; this doesnt involve harming the sheep
    Plus I hate measurements in cups (so messy compared to just weighing) and the recipes just weren't to my liking.

Didn't read the beginning or notice the lanolin bit - daft. I do like lentils a lot though so the idea of their triumph is appealing

I didn't read the beginning either - I never do for cookbooks, I also dislike using cups so I end up using cups 1st time round, measure on the scales how much the cups makes and then use that in future.

leedsveg

I agree that using "cups" can be a pain. Why don't they give you an exact weight? Makes no sense.

Leedsveg

Oddly, I like using cups (despite being from the UK). It's quicker IMHO and I can easily eyeball a food packet in the cupboard to see if there is a cup of whatever before I start to cook.

Gourmet sleuth has a convertor which has the specific density of food types so you can put in how much you want in volume and it tells you the weight, and the same in reverse.
    Quitting something because it's hard is wrong, and quitting something because it's wrong is hard. One takes cowardice, the other bravery.

^ Snap! Although it probably has more to do with the fact that I have a shit set of scales.

Co-op are selling Innocent Veg pots for £1.94 each. Far cheaper than Tesco (2 for £6)

Asda currently have Jammie Dodgers on offer 50 pence a pack, also soft fruits are 20 pence a pack at the moment.

Book depository are doing 24 hours of offers (1 book each hour has a big discount) http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/

Ritter Sport chocolate marzipan is 99p in Waitrose until 21 Feb. The marmite of chocolate, love? hate?

Can't see how anyone can be anything but love.

^^ Seconded!

i used to hate marzipan but ritter sport is amazing!! not sure i'll still like the manufactured stuff on fruitcakes though as it hardly tastes like almonds...

Redwoods are doing some special offers at the moment: http://www.redwoodfoods.co.uk/index....chk=1&Itemid=1

Homebargains are selling Lindt Dark Chocolate Bunnies (200 Grams) for £2.19. They are £4.5 in supermarkets

Sainsburys seems to have Nakd Cocoa Delight & Cocoa Mint bars on sale (pack of four for £1.20), buts its not on the website

I found a thread yesterday on cleaning products but I can't find it now; at any rate, some of you may have noticed that during the past year Ecover has reduced the size of its (non-bio) washing powder boxes from 1.2 kg to 750g. The least expensive place that I have found in which to buy the new size is Wilkinson's where the normal retail price is £3.50. Wilko's currently have a special offer - while stocks last - down to £2.62, meaning that it works out as a shade under £3.50 per kilo. Granted that in real terms this is still expensive for washing powder, but if you use Ecover anyway (as I do) it is worth stocking up (as I already have) as it is hardly perishable.

Ecover isn't vegan unfortunately. They say they're against animal testing and then do it anyway, that's why they are no longer vegan society approved.

The Lurker

Quote Argonaut View Post
    I found a thread yesterday on cleaning products but I can't find it now; at any rate, some of you may have noticed that during the past year Ecover has reduced the size of its (non-bio) washing powder boxes from 1.2 kg to 750g. The least expensive place that I have found in which to buy the new size is Wilkinson's where the normal retail price is £3.50. Wilko's currently have a special offer - while stocks last - down to £2.62, meaning that it works out as a shade under £3.50 per kilo. Granted that in real terms this is still expensive for washing powder, but if you use Ecover anyway (as I do) it is worth stocking up (as I already have) as it is hardly perishable.
    Is Ecover not tested on animals?

The Lurker

damn - too late. I went for a coffee in the middle of typing that 6 word reply . . .

Too late, I've bought the stuff anyway as I have for the past 23 years. I guess the Vegan Stasi will have to come round and arrest me.

No ones criticising you.