Thread: vegan college kid with meat loving parents

Default vegan college kid with meat loving parents

yes, i still live with my parents but that is what happens when you are in college and broke. so, my problem is that i have no idea where to start with making easy vegan meals for myself or even the basic things i need to keep in the house. can anyone help? i basically live off vegan cereal and soy milk so lost.....

RubyDuby

Default Re: vegan college kid with meat loving parents

Simple, easy, basic starter foods... hmm.

Veggie burgers- Boca has good chicken patties, Gardenburger has Veggie Medley Burgers, Black Bean Burgers and Flame Grilled Burgers. Morningstar has delicious riblets, herb cutlets, and chicken grillers. These are found in the freezer section of most grocery stores. Check the coolers (regular or health food section) for veggie dogs and sausages too.

The freezer section should have vegan friendly breads, although a little expensive. I can usually find pita bread in the regular bread section.

Boxed pasta is usually safe and it's easy enough to find jars of pasta sauce. Just be sure to read the ingredients. Instant rice is good cooked up with bouillion in the water. You can add frozen (or fresh or canned) veg as well.

Quick oats with nuts and nut milk and dried fruits and maple syrup... cans of tomato or vegetarian vegetable soup... pb & j...

You can buy bags of salad/lettuce... and of course there are tons of fresh fruits and vegetables to choose from. Dip in peanut butter, tahini... hummus?

earth balance is good margarine, but smart balance light with flax is a bit cheaper. Vegenaise is the best vegan mayo... but expensive.
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

I'm kind of the same actually I started out with plain oatmeal, then added some cinnamon, sugar cinnamon, and raisins. I also bought a box of whole wheat pasta and Classico tomato and basil sauce. It's as easy as making kraft dinner I also got this McCormic spice that has jalapeno peppers in it Gives the pasta quite some kick. I also buy almonds, cashews, and peanuts, mix some raisins in and its a good snack to bring to school along with some fresh bananas, oranges, and apples.

And almond milk Just made some for the first time today. Couldn't be easier. I just had to go pick up some cheese cloth since the strainer just didn't cut it. Add some Nestle strawberry or chocolate syrups to it and it's amazing Oh and this is a neat site

http://www.veganwolf.com/ready_made_vegan_food.htm

thanks you guy. i at least have a start now ^_^ and thank you for the site Back-Space. that helped a lot ^_^

RubyDuby

your welcome.

this thread might help too.
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.