Thread: Vegan Shopping in Fredericton/Moncton or PEI?

Default Vegan Shopping in Fredericton/Moncton or PEI?

I have scoured happycow.net and other sites but haven't found anything concrete. My Vegan girlfriend and I are driving from Maine to PEI for the weekend and we were going to hit a Whole Foods in southern Maine to stock up on food for us but then I found out that some of the food may be restricted (no entry to Canada) so now we are not sure if we should risk it.

I am fine shopping once we get into Canada but am unsure of what is available. We will be traveling through Fredericton and Moncton on our way to Charlottesville, PEI so any of those places we can stop at. We are just looking for decent veggie patties, veggie brats, BBQ type stuff that is frozen and easy to make. I am sure I can find fresh produce once in PEI.

Any first hand knowledge is appreciated! Thanks!

Default Re: Vegan Shopping in Fredericton/Moncton or PEI?

Quote RiseAgainst View Post
    I have scoured happycow.net and other sites but haven't found anything concrete. My Vegan girlfriend and I are driving from Maine to PEI for the weekend and we were going to hit a Whole Foods in southern Maine to stock up on food for us but then I found out that some of the food may be restricted (no entry to Canada) so now we are not sure if we should risk it.

I am fine shopping once we get into Canada but am unsure of what is available. We will be traveling through Fredericton and Moncton on our way to Charlottesville, PEI so any of those places we can stop at. We are just looking for decent veggie patties, veggie brats, BBQ type stuff that is frozen and easy to make. I am sure I can find fresh produce once in PEI.

Any first hand knowledge is appreciated! Thanks!
    I'm not sure about bringing food over the border, but I thought it was fresh fruit and vegetables. Maybe keep it quiet if you decide to bring food with you They're looking for drugs and guns, not frozen dinners I've shopped at 4 or 5 grocery stores in southern Ontario and they all seem to have the same kind of stuff. I've seen Becel vegan margarine at all of them. Tofu, soy milk, and vegan desserts at most of them too You could look up a local grocery store online and try giving them a call to see what they've got

Default Re: Vegan Shopping in Fredericton/Moncton or PEI?

Wow, vegans on my island and I didn't even know about it!
    Peace, love, and happiness.