Thread: WWF Adopt a Jaguar

Default WWF Adopt a Jaguar

Right, I need some advice, please!

I am interested in signing up to the Adopt A Jaguar scheme with the WWF (still associate that with the wrestling I used to watch as a young 'un!).

I know there are a lot of costs involved in such schemes, and I can't really see exactly where my money is going (all the soft cuddly toys?). However, I do feel passionately about such things...

Would I be funding bad things? Or would I be doing a grain of good?
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

LiveVegan

Default Re: WWF Adopt a Jaguar

WWF advocates hunting of animals that are not endangered. If you care only about endangered animals, then this is the group for you but if you care for all animals, consider "adopting" or "sponsoring" an animal from a group that respects and cares for the life of all animals. Just my thoughts.

I know the WWF has been criticised a lot by Peta etc but I wonder if it is much different from other conservation charities, or if it just attracts more attention because it's so large/diverse? (This is a genuine question, I haven't investigated whether they are different.)

Quote LiveVegan View Post
    WWF advocates hunting of animals that are not endangered.
    I didn't know this. I'll look in to it further. Thank you!
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

LiveVegan

I think its popularity (as a conservation group) is because the vast majority of people do care if species go extinct but don't really take on the "rights" aspect of animals. Even hunters join conservation groups, after all, nothing is better to them then making sure there's enough animals to hunt. I just think that mainstream animal causes get much more support so WWF and Wildlife Federation get tons of supporters even though most supporters don't realize that both support hunting.

I personally don't put any more worth on a panda's life then I do a white-tailed deer's. Both want to exist just as much as the other and I believe they both should have the equal right to life. An individual animal is capable of suffering no matter if his/her species is plentiful or rare. I'm babbling...