Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: jammie dodgers

Default Re: jammie dodgers

I hear you on that one, Risker.

Thank you for emailing and posting the response, Firestorm. Jammie Dodgers now appear to be my adult biscuit du jour. They were never in my house when I was a kid, and I didn't have my first one until I was about 20. And that was only one. I only started eating them fiendishly since they became suitable for vegans. My friends even buy packets of them for me when we have film nights. I'm not an addict, per se... They are just really really nice. And they're low in fat, so good for you. Riiiiiiight???
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

cobweb

I had a bad Jammie Dodger related incident yesterday. I had it in my head that ALL flavours are vegan, so I bought the toffee ones and ate a few before realising that milk is listed as an ingredient. It's really put me off them! .

Quote Risker View Post
    That really grinds my gears, veganism isn't an allergy.
    I was thinking along the same lines - I have responded and am awaiting another reply.

Don't worry, cobweb! These things happen! You didn't eat the whole packet. You know now. I reckon if you eat several packets of the original jammies, it will cancel the toffees out

cobweb

Quote pusskins View Post
    Don't worry, cobweb! These things happen! You didn't eat the whole packet. You know now. I reckon if you eat several packets of the original jammies, it will cancel the toffees out
    Is that a fact? lol

Yes. Yes, it is. I say that because I know it. I'm sure everybody else will back me up

Quote pusskins View Post
    Yes. Yes, it is. I say that because I know it. I'm sure everybody else will back me up
    This has been scientifically proven, but only if you have the lemon and chocolate ones as well in the ratio 3 packs Jammie: 2 packs Choccy: 1 pack Lemon

I emailed the Jammie Dodger people as I couldn't find the Choccie Dodgers anywhere except in Tesco. And I don't 'do' Tesco. This is the response I had:

Dear *****
    Thank you for your email regarding Burton’s Jammie Dodger Chocolate.
    We note your comments about these biscuits being suitable for vegan. However, other products are made on the same line which do contain milk components: whey powder and whole milk powder which are in the form of a baked biscuits or custard type filling. Although the line is cleaned between each product run there could be still a risk of cross contamination for this reason we declare ‘may contain’ on the packaging.

We are always grateful for consumers taking the time and trouble to contact us and thank you for showing an interest in one of our products.
    We are sorry to disappoint you Tesco’s is the only retailer that has ordered this product from us.

Yours sincerely

Dot Hobley
    Consumer Services Department

How annoying. They are nice. Looks like I may have to just grin and bear it.

I quite liked the chocolate ones, but am I wrong in thinking they're just gussied-up bourbon biscuits?
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple