Thread: Vegan B&B in London?

Default Vegan B&B in London?

I did a search and when this was discussed before it seemed to be decided that there wasn't a vegan B&B in London, but I just thought I'd check if anyone has heard of one recently? Or are there any B&Bs that are especially vegan-friendly in London? A non-vegan friend was asking

Thanks

Default Re: Vegan B&B?

None that I know of.

It's not much of a problem in London thou, if you just stay at a cheap travelodge type place with no breakfast included then you can eat out instead.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Yes, that's what I suggested but I wanted to leave no turn unstoned.

It does seem a bit odd that there isn't even a vegetarian B&B (as far as I can see) in a place the size of London though. I did just find the following page

http://www.veganlondon.co.uk/stay.htm

Blimey, £150 per night without breakfast.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

I assume that's for the "flatlet" so possibly not that dear by London standards.

Temple Lodge sounds OK - handy for The Gate anyway...

This B&B appears to be vegan-friendly - they mention a vegan breakfast option on their website I'm going there this summer, so I don't have any experience with the place just yet, but they seemed very friendly and accommodating (for any special diet) from the emails I got from them. I can't wait to go there!

That looks nice Magenta - thank you very much. I'll mention it to my friend, and please let us know how you get on when you visit.

Default Re: Vegan B&B in London?

My friend phoned your place, Magenta, and said that the people sounded really nice, and helpful about vegan requirements. What I didn't realise is that the vegan in question also has a broken leg and may not be able to manage stairs - so they may have to go the Travelodge route I think. Thanks very much for the help, it's very useful to know about that place.

Quote harpy View Post
    My friend phoned your place, Magenta, and said that the people sounded really nice, and helpful about vegan requirements. What I didn't realise is that the vegan in question also has a broken leg and may not be able to manage stairs - so they may have to go the Travelodge route I think. Thanks very much for the help, it's very useful to know about that place.
    Oh it's good to hear that! I hadn't phoned them myself yet, but they did seem great about the vegan breakfasts in the emails.
    I hope your friend finds a good place to stay!

Quote Magenta View Post
    Oh it's good to hear that!
    I meant it's good to hear that the people sounded nice, not that your friend has a broken leg of course! I hope they were able to find good accommodation more suitable for them.

Anyway, I stayed at that organic B&B a while ago and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for vegan-friendly accommodation in London. The place isn't completely vegan, but they have vegan breakfast options such as toast, bagels (with margarine/jam), soy yoghurt, muesli, fruit, and pancakes. I got the impression that the owners ate mostly vegan food too, so they were able to give good recommendations for stores and restaurants in the neighbourhood. The B&B itself is gorgeous as well! it's a huge house with a beautiful garden. Our room had a double bed with a tv, free wi-fi, and an en-suite bathroom with a shower. I think some rooms have baths as well... All in all, I had a lovely stay there, and I'd say the rooms are quite reasonably priced, too (£60 a room, optional breakfast at £5 per person).

I'd love to go back there!

Glad it was good, Magenta - worth knowing about. My friend's friend actually stayed in someone's house in the end; I think they decided it was easiest because of the leg. But I'm sure the question will come up again.