Thread: Vegan cakes in Buckhurst Hill

Default Vegan cakes in Buckhurst Hill

Greetings all. I live in Buckhurst Hill (zone 5 on the eastern branch of the Central Line). I absolutely love making vegan cakes (and am told that I am pretty good at it), but my cake-making opportunities are sometimes hampered by lack of people to share them with. Are there any vegans in the neighbourhood who fancy sharing my cakes (cookies, brownies, etc)? I love sampling my creations, but they tend to make large portions that need to be devoured quickly, so I only tend to make them for social occasions (but would make them more often if I could).
    I should add that I am in a committed relationship, so please take this at face value - but I will work my way through my new vegan cookbooks much more quickly if have some volunteer tasters to help me out!
    I will also upload some pictures of my cakes if anyone can tell me how to upload them without having them hosted on a separate website.
    Live and let live

Default Re: Vegan cakes in Buckhurst Hill

Quote Rainbow
    Are there any vegans in the neighbourhood who fancy sharing my cakes (cookies, brownies, etc)?
    I don't know about your part of London, but there's the regular "Cake Swap" events at Vx in central, and THV's cake fests (last in Bethnal Green).

Quote rainbow View Post
    I should add that I am in a committed relationship, so please take this at face value
    lol, here was me thinking your post was a coded message

Quote rainbow
    I will also upload some pictures of my cakes if anyone can tell me how to upload them without having them hosted on a separate website.
    I don't think this forum allows attachments. Easiest way is to create a free flickr account.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Ooh, thanks for all the helpful tips!
    I added the disclaimer after reading my original post and thinking it sounded like a lonely hearts plea. But really, it's a lonely stomachs plea! So I am really delighted to learn about the Cake Swap. The only problem is that cakes become quite difficult to transport if you do any kind of funky decoration (especially as I don't have a car). But maybe I'll take something simple along, make some new pals, and then invite them all over for a cakefest.
    Live and let live

I tried my best to follow the good Mr Fibble's instructions (especially after feeling so inspired by his excellent creations), but alas, I can't yet figure out how to get pictures to appear in my posts. So here's the next best thing - some pictures of my cakes: http://www.flickr.com/photos/veganbow/

I will be working from home for the next five months, so every Friday will be "cake Friday". If anyone wants to come grab a slice, let me know in advance and I'll see it as an excuse to throw an extra recipe into the mix.

(edit) Aha, I've cracked it now with some help from Risker! Check out the pictures: http://www.veganforum.com/forums/sho...food-(5)/page8
    Now folks, come dine with me!
    Live and let live