Whoohoooo!.... it's that time of year again!

Reserve the date in your diary... it's the 2010 Greyhound Gathering & Dog's picnic.

This event is held every year as part of the International Greyhound Remembrance weekend in memory of all the greyhounds who have suffered & died because of the racing industry.

We have stalls from Greyhound Action, South West Sighthounds, Classy Collars, Bristol DAWG & other local charities (tbc), a cake stall, amazing raffle, & vegan refreshments (please bring a picnic though!).

If anyone else would like a stall please send me a PM. The more the merier so dont be shy!

There is also a completely fenced in walled garden next to the picnic area where dogs will be able to have some safe off lead exercise.
It is an old victorian outdoor swimming pool which is now a wildlife area & garden with a small pond.

Obviously the whole of Eastville park is there for dogs which are good off lead BUT this walled garden will be great for dogs who dont have great recall to have some fun.

If you would like the poster above or flyer emailed to you just PM me.

Please spread the word & give flyers & posters to you local vets to display and to fellow dog people!!

All dogs are welcome - you don't have to bring a greyhound!!

There is plenty of space for everyone to spread out & trees for people to picnic & rest under.

If the weather is hot, we will have paddling pools & sponges for the dogs to cool off!

Directions:

For parking for the picnic there is a small free car park in the park, have a look at this map: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...ed=0CBcQ8gEwAA

Basically turn off Fishponds Rd into Oakdene Rd, then first left again into Park Avenue. If the car park is full then there is parking in the adjacent streets.

For people with swishy Satnavs, the postcode is BS5 6QL.

If anyone has any mobility problems (dogs or people) and needs to drive into the park, please send me a message and we will arrange for you to drive actually on site.

Any questions please PM me.

Thanks & hope to see you all there!!