Thread: A cool resource for vegans wanting to lose weight/get healthy!

Thumbs up A cool resource for vegans wanting to lose weight/get healthy!

Hi all!

A really cool resource I found is "Sparkpeople" www.sparkpeople.com

Anyone here heard of it? It's almost like facebook for people who want to lose weight, get healthy, fit or just live well. You can make a "sparkpage" etc with a profile, but that's totally optional.

The reason I am posting here is because honestly, sparkpeople is seriously cool. I highly recommend it - you can track what you eat, see how much of each nutrient you have (protein, carbs, fibre, etc) and also track fitness and how well you're doing.

What's the COOLEST part is that sparkpeople has a really active VEGAN community on there. I happen to know because I am the leader of one of the teams!

It's called "Vegan Fitness & Nutrition" and so far it's 1300 people strong! 1300 vegans (plus a few newbies and aspiring vegans) all coming together to get healthy! It rocks.

I don't mean to sound spam-y but I thought I'd like everyone here know because I think it's worth it!

My only wish is that the Vegan Fitness & Nutrition group was as active as The Vegan Forum... a girl can dream I guess!

Anyway, just an FYI for vegans who want to find another community of vegans who are focusing on healthy lifestyle changes!

But don't leave this Forum for Sparkpeople... because the Vegan Forum is truly la creme de la creme of vegan communities!

Cheers!
    Jasmin

Default Re: A cool resource for Vegans wanting to lose weight/get healthy!

I like SparkPeople and I'm a member. Maybe I should get more active in the communities. I didn't know if the vegan groups were for "real vegans" or just "healthy eaters" (don't mean to sound arrogant).
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Default Re: A cool resource for vegans wanting to lose weight/get healthy!

Just wanted to say, you've made me so happy by posting this!! I went straight to the recipe sections and there are heaps and heaps of things I can make without costing me heaps I even made one of them tonight and it was fantastic!!
    Thanks!! (I haven't checked out the Vegan group on there but I'm very much a new recipe addict so, priorities first! But I'll check it out soon )

Lovin' Life

Thanks! I joined a few days back, great group
    I want my very own garden of vegan...

Just joined this. I may be stupid, but it's hard for me to understand. It's awesome though.
    Either this wallpaper goes, or I do.