Thread: which of the vegan buffets do you like best?

Default which of the vegan buffets do you like best?

and why?

I havnt tried any and im back in London in a couple of weeks with my sisters. One is veggie the other is omni so i thought the vegan buffet type pleaces with their array of mock meat would suit omni sister and show veggie sister that vegan food is more than just what she eats now but with no cheese on it

I know a lot of buffet places are hit and miss with quality but we will be on a lower budget too!

thanks in advance

Default Re: which of the vegan buffets do you like best?

VEG at 33 old compton street is a safe bet going out with omni friends plus i think everything in there is vegan

Joi on Percy Street is the one I've been to the most. Other than food being lukewarm/cold mid afternoon and non-vegetarian sweets offered when you pay; I've not had bad experience since 2004. I once spoke to the manager there and they seem quite clued up. They used to do free vegan chinese cookery courses there, but I never got the chance to go.

I avoid the one on Greek Street (which was on rogue restaurants a couple of years ago) and have had mixed experiences at others.

When I first went to one I was amazed by all the great tasting food and an extremely good price. You used to be able to eat £5 worth of raw ingredients in one visit. Over time I think they've gotten less generous with the amount of veg, nuts and more costly ingredients, which given their locations and cost I can understand. There's no comparison between them and a restuarant like Veggie World, but then VW is 3x the price so you expect fresher ingredients.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

The Indian Vegetarian Bhelpoori House near Angel Tube in Islington is pretty good considering it's meant to be the cheapest veggie buffet in London. It's not entirely vegan, and obviously you won't get the mock meat, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway, because I remember most of it being vegan, you just ask them to point out anything with milk in at the start.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

thanks everyone. I wish i was there now!