Thread: Milton Keynes Veggie World review

littlemiss

Default Milton Keynes Veggie World review

I havn't seen much about this place so just posting a little review. This is a chinese place in Bletchly, near Milton Keynes that is almost entirely vegan (they mark non vegan items on the menu) but is all veggie. Its mainly fake meat stuff so we went for my husbands benefit as he loves that stuff. Its more of a cafe style inside but clean and comfortable. The portion sizes are quite good. We ordered a cup of tea each and got a teapot each, really nice green tea and mine was quickly refilled when it got low. I tried some prawn style starter which was ok. From what I remember it did taste fish like. Also tried some chicken balls which were nice but as I dont like meaty tastes and texture so they got a bit sickening. Hubby had some duck stuff and beef in noodles which he enjoyed. I had tofu stirfry which was nice enough. They don't serve alcohol but say you can bring your own but will charge you £1 each so we decided against it. There is parking on the street outside which is free. We were quite stuffed. I wouldn't say the service was great although other reviews I read were happy. I think omni's would be quite happy here. e couldn't finish everything and they boxed it for us. I did email but never got a reply so I think phoning is recommended. \Place seemed popular, lots of people coming in for takeaway too. Would prob go again, I'm just not a massive fan of fake meat but hubby would definatly go again.

Default Re: Milton keynes veggie world review.

I've been loads of times this year; generally the service is very good (it's been the same people serving each time I've been).

Some dishes are much better value for money than others. I wrote a mini review a few months back, available here
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Oh dear! The people in there know me and my partner by name!!!!!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

I really like Veggie World, It's nice to go somewhere with a good selection of veggie items, and I have been there with Omni's who really liked it too.

I will say if you tend to eat a diet without a lot of fat in it you might find a lot of the dishes very oily, especially the noodle ones. I tend to ask for boiled rice rather than rice, and these days tend to pick tofu or veggies over the fake meats. They do have lovely soups as well, which are very filling and much less oily than the rest of the menu.
    Quitting something because it's hard is wrong, and quitting something because it's wrong is hard. One takes cowardice, the other bravery.

Default Re: Milton Keynes Veggie World review.

Oh-ho-ho-ho!

My favourite place to eat veggie world is. Go there so often that the kiddies started complaining "Daaaaad, not chinese - AGAIN!!!"

For those not so much into the fake meats (I find them a bit 'heavy' if you have them in every dish) the Lo-han-chat (spelling?), braised tofu skin with broccoli and their green bean dish are highly recommended.
    All done in the best possible taste ...

I went to a demo at Woburn Safari Park a few days ago and me and Caz just couldn't resist going in there. There was a beautiful vegan family sitting next to us. Makes me realise how much I want kids some day.

Cupid Stunt - Do you find that one of the waitresses is always moody and the other amazingly happy?
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Quote emzy1985 View Post
    Cupid Stunt - Do you find that one of the waitresses is always moody and the other amazingly happy?
    'Lo Emzy

The permanently radiantly happy one is Rachel, she and her husband Jack, the chef, own the place. They are both buddhists of the
    Mahayana flavour. In Mahayan buddhism being happy and kind is almost the entire practice and Jack and Rachel both seem to practise all the time.

T'other lady there is 'Teen' she's just takes a little longer to get to know people is all. Chat her up, as it were, make her laugh and you'll find she's really nice too, just of a quieter personality. If you want an excuse to chat about summat with her tell you know Trevor the vending machine man. No guarantees you won't get thrown out just for that, mind - lol!

Does Luton have any good vegan eateries btw? I'm down there once a week looking after some vending machines I have installed in the deepest darkest bowels of the airport where only baggage handlers usualy dare to tread.
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Yeah, one of the waitresses there used to be nice but now she's just moody all the time.

It's my mum's favourite restaurant (she's omni) and mine too. We usually go on special occassions but we try to go throughout the year too.
    I run purely vegan.

Cupid Stunt - There is a Thai place on Wellington Street which offers an array of vegan dishes. There is also ManHo in bury park which offers veggie world style stuff. Other than that, it's a baron waste land!!!

I love veggie world. well, not the restaurant as I ve never been, but I do orderthe frozen stuff from them. I don t always go for the meat like stuff as I do find them a little plastic like, but I love the yin pin balls and chestnut rolls. Things like that.