Thread: Failed attempt at becoming vegan?

Default Failed attempt at becoming vegan?

I read this article it looks like the reporter was already biased. It would have been nice if she had researched more before deciding to make the switch to Veganism before giving an inaccurate report.

The nutritionist was not that knowledgeable in my opinion if she thought the only way to receive calcium, minerals, an protein was to consume something with animal. What about vegetables, fruits, grains, etc.?

What cr*p. The only reason she tried to eat a vegan diet was to show that it was impossible.

Hm...funny I've never felt fatigued as a vegan, but then again- I don't live on carrot sticks and peanut butter! Let's be real, four days as a vegan is not enough time to make a judgement call. She had absolutely no clue about veganism. It takes quite a long time to find the right products (months or years...I'm still discovering new veggie items all the time) and you also have to learn the different "tricks" to cook tasteful vegan meals.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

i mailed her....

OK. Anti-vegan propaganda. But it's only a college newspaper. I could almost see it being a joke written by a vegan.

what a load of wank. "meat substitutes are an odd bunch of foods", so she starts the article. that tells you where she's coming from, right from the off. vegan food is no more a 'meat substitute' than water is a 'coca cola substitute'. stupid tart.

Yeah, it's so odd that we don't want to suck milk out of a cow's teat. Vegans are crazy. It appears we only have like five choices of foods to eat, too.

That lady sure is an expert on healthy, varied diets.
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com

Quote Hasha
    What cr*p. The only reason she tried to eat a vegan diet was to show that it was impossible.
    That was total anti-vegan propaganda - I feel fantastic now that I am no longer anaemic - and I can obtain iron if I plan properly

Default Re: Failed attempt at becoming vegan?

I mailed her too. What a poor excuse for an article.
    It is a monstrous thing to do, to slay a unicorn...you have slain something pure and defenceless and you will have but a half life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips.

Potatoes not vegan then, or can she not have them without butter, cheese and cream

What a stupid article

I mailed her too but I'm kicking myself because I spelled broccoli wrong! I hope she doesn't notice or it will spoil the sarcastic tone of my letter.

I'm normally extremely polite and professional sounding when I email or write to people over topics like this, but I felt that I could be a bit more straight forward with this one considering the type of article it was.

Hi,

I just wanted to point out that starving yourself for four days and living on carrot sticks is hardly a good representation of a varied and well-balanced vegan diet! It was a completely biased and badly researched article that basically made vegans sound like a bunch of anaemic, tofu
    munching martyrs. It's also worrying that the 'nutritionist' seemed to be unaware that you get calcium, iron, protein etc from sources like brocolli, nuts and so on - very odd! Even B12 (the ONLY nutrient that can be difficult to get in a vegan diet) is readily avaiIable in fortified cereals, soya milk and marmite etc. I would normally have just found the article funny, but the fact that lots of people will be stupid enough to take it seriously (especially because of the comments from a 'professional') makes it quite offensive as it's so far from the truth.

Why don't you do some real research and do a report on why vegetarians have a lower mortality rate and are up to 40% less likely to get various cancers? Or you could re-try the vegan thing but try eating real, tasty and nutritious vegan food rather than the kind of tasteless cr*p I wouldn't even feed my pet rabbit? You might be surprised

oh nice letter, i started to write one but it was too abusive...so i stopped hehe. your letter is great Evilfluffbunny.

oh nice letter, i started to write one but it was too abusive...so i stopped hehe. your letter is great Evilfluffbunny.
    Thanks It got returned as 'undeliverable' the first time so I was able to fix the spelling mistake. I know what you mean though, it's so hard to stay polite!