Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Favourite vegan food products - Australia

Default Re: Favourite Vegan Food Products - Australia

Enjoy

Thank you for the cheese info. I have some info for chocoholics. My mother tracked them down.

Woolworths has a range of 'tim tam' type biscuits in their gluten free range. I've scanned the ingredients and they seem OK but they do say 'vitamin D' which is sometimes vegan and sometimes not. I wonder if I could find out. They have some choc/coconut biscuits too.

I found cheezly at my local health shop the other day, and i bought the super melting edam variety, it is great, i had it on a baked potato, and i think it tasted just as i remember real cheese to taste, it was perfect

Uncle Eddie's Vegan Cookies can be ordered online. http://www.uncleeddiesvegancookies.com/chipoatmeal.html

The oatmeal chocolate chip are my favorite flavor at the moment. The peanut butter/chocolate chip and plain chocolate chip are really good too. The trail mix ones are good as well, HELL, THEY'RE ALL GOOD!!

Fortunately (or unfortunately to be honest) my local grocery carries them.
    "Destiny, or karma, depends upon what the soul has done about what it has become aware of."
    --
    Edgar Cayce

Hi Monkey

This thread is for favourite vegan products in Australia. I don't think they can get these cookies there - unless Unlce Eddie ships overseas.

Quote Roxy View Post
    Hi Monkey

This thread is for favourite vegan products in Australia. I don't think they can get these cookies there - unless Unlce Eddie ships overseas.
    Oops sorry guys!

"Destiny, or karma, depends upon what the soul has done about what it has become aware of."
    --
    Edgar Cayce

Do any melbournites know where to get chocolate Leda bars???
    They have them in Geelong hospital but I have not seen them anywhere else!
    'To repeat what others have said requires education, to challenge it requires brains.'

I have recently discovered Amy's soups. The black bean was very tasty, if a tad burpy...

Quote Bluey View Post
    Do any melbournites know where to get chocolate Leda bars???
    They have them in Geelong hospital but I have not seen them anywhere else!
    Macro Wholefoods have a lot of Leda products and healthfood shops in general.

In Adelaide you can get the Leda chocolate and fruit bars in 24/7 convenience stores, which is very handy for midnight munchies

Quote stickydate View Post
    How could I forget sweet williams soy chocolate? Especially Tangerine It isn't fair though, coz I am not supposed to have cocoa
    Tangerine and Rice Crisp are my favs!! why no cocoa? is there something non-vegan about it I don't know!!??

Also, alot (ok, most) of the products Australians have listed are not available to me!! I live in a regional area where vege food is expensive and hard to find. Coles have a great range of sanitarium vege delights (like soy sausages, soy bacon, soy ice cream, etc) and toffutti range (like cream cheese and cheese, soy yoghurt).... I've been meaning to do some investigation as to whether or not these vege products are vegan (doesn't say 'vegan friendly' on the back)....
    "If you are what you eat, does that make you dead meat?"

At that time I was meant to be avoiding caffiene - I eat it now though

Go to www.vnv.org.au to find out if those products are vegan or not

Hello Aussiekids

A lot of the products mentioned here I <3 as well:
    Mintons/Choculence, Orgran products, sometimes I get Plamil, Sweet William, Green & Blacks, Artisse or Cocoloco chocolate.

I like Planet Organic's brown rice porridge with Vitasoy rice milk. I love Spiral foods, Pitango soups and PilPel dips and soups (www.pilpelfinefoods.com.au)

There are some new potato chips out called Thomas Chipman (www.chipman.com.au) the potato versions are vegan, the corn chips are not (contains dairy).

Corn crispibread with tahini or avocado.
    Naturis Buckwheat or Rice Bread.

I don't mind Cheezly, but I don't buy it too often. And I want to try the Plamil mayonaise, but Crows Nest Macro was out of stock last time I was there..

How could I forget sweet williams soy chocolate? Especially Tangerine It isn't fair though, coz I am not supposed to have cocoa
    THERE'S NO ICON FOR DROOLING!!!! tangerine soy chocolate is my favourite from sweet william!!! There's also a vegan dark chocolate with mint crisps on the market by Tropical Source - very nice!

Fry's have left a message on another forum that I belong to that their vegan food products will be available in Franklins stores from May 1, 2008. If your local Franklins doesn't have them ask for the store manager. I spole to my local manager yesterday and he is going to try and get the full range.

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-...ticle/262.html

Red face Re: Favourite Vegan Food Products - Australia

I agree that Sweet Williams Tangerine soy chocolate is yummy.
    Animals are not food, they are our friends.

Found a new product today: I&J Tasty Spring Rolls (the mini finger food kind).

They are marked 'suitable for vegetarians' but I can't see anything in the ingredients which would classify them as non-vegan.

I found Fry's Veggie Burgers in my local Woolies, they weren't too bad.

I have also tried Sweet William's new White Chocolate, it is so good!!

Also, the Cruelty Free Shop (www.crueltyfreeshop.com.au) now has Sweet and Sara Marshmallows in stock! They are delish and pretty close to 'real' 'mallows.

Quote Kitteh View Post
    ...I have also tried Sweet William's new White Chocolate, it is so good!!

Also, the Cruelty Free Shop (www.crueltyfreeshop.com.au) now has Sweet and Sara Marshmallows in stock! They are delish and pretty close to 'real' 'mallows.
    Please don't tell me about these things! I'm going to be the fattest vegan ever!

Quote Kitteh View Post

I ordered 2 boxes of these as soon as they were in stock at CFS. Can't wait for them to arrive!!

You will love them!!

And sorry, Dalron! I have eaten too much of the white choc too, hopefully they're out of stock for a while so I can't buy more!

My marshmallows just arrived from CFS. Oh. My. God. Sooooo good. Also got a vegan nougat bar. Delicious.
    In her satin tights.....fighting for your rights.....

I made my first purchases from CFS last week (Lamyong products mainly) and the service was fantastic.

CFS is a fantastic store and it makes it so easy to get vegan products that you might not be able to find locally.

I think I want to order more marshmallows! But I also have a marshmallow making kit, so I should probably make my own.

Quote Dalron View Post
    Fry's have left a message on another forum that I belong to that their vegan food products will be available in Franklins stores from May 1, 2008. If your local Franklins doesn't have them ask for the store manager. I spole to my local manager yesterday and he is going to try and get the full range.

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-...ticle/262.html
    My local Franklins today had four or five varieties in stock today with hot dogs coming next week.

Quote Wonderwoman View Post
    My marshmallows just arrived from CFS. Oh. My. God. Sooooo good. Also got a vegan nougat bar. Delicious.

Eee!! Mine arrived yesterday too! I've already had 3 plus one in hot chocolate Gotta go easy though if I want them to last all winter.

They are so much smoother and lighter than regular, gelatine-filled, marshmallows! Yummm!

But I also purchased some of the Biona chocolate drops and Gummi Bears, both of which I was disappointed in. Far too much money for such small sized packets of lollies.

They're expensive to ship here, so I would only suggest purchasing them as a treat or if you need to decorate something. I bought the chocolate bean things (like smarties) but have only used one pack to ice some b'day cupcakes and have kept a pack to use in the future.

You can buy Cheery Bears in Coles in the health food section. G-free & vegan!
    http://www.quannshop.com.au/shop/pro...?idproduct=876 only the packs in Coles are clear not red.

Does anyone know if Vincents Vegetarian in Footscray is open on Weekends? And what kind of trading hours they operate?

I ordered two dozen cupcakes from vivacupcakes.com.au
    Generous sized, beautifully boxed and decorated and ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh the taste. I put on a bit of weight however.

I vowed I'd eat one a day for a month but they were gone in 8 days. My fave was called 'Andy Warhol' and was a moist banana cupcake with peanut butter frosting (lots). The carrot/cream cheese wasn't too shabby either. I'll order some more in a few weeks when the weight's off but can't decide which ones to try. Only drawback in they deliver only in the Sydney area and they don't offer a mixed box. They work about at about $4.00 a pop which I though was too expensive when I realised that coffee shops charge that much for a cake these days. Vegans just don't know because we never order them. Anyway, they turned out to be a lot larger than I expected.

Quote claireyveg View Post
    Does anyone know if Vincents Vegetarian in Footscray is open on Weekends? And what kind of trading hours they operate?
    Sorry Claire - don't know - why don't you google their web page?
    Long time - no see you on here. How's the naturopath studies going?

Quote insubordination View Post
    Generous sized, beautifully boxed and decorated and ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh the taste. I put on a bit of weight however.

I vowed I'd eat one a day for a month but they were gone in 8 days. My fave was called 'Andy Warhol' and was a moist banana cupcake with peanut butter frosting (lots). The carrot/cream cheese wasn't too shabby either. I'll order some more in a few weeks when the weight's off but can't decide which ones to try. Only drawback in they deliver only in the Sydney area and they don't offer a mixed box. They work about at about $4.00 a pop which I though was too expensive when I realised that coffee shops charge that much for a cake these days. Vegans just don't know because we never order them. Anyway, they turned out to be a lot larger than I expected.
    Oh god it makes me want one now!
    I've just ordered 'vegan cupcakes take over the world' hope they'll be as good. Maybe a new business venture? :smile:

Quote Dalron View Post
    Please don't tell me about these things! I'm going to be the fattest vegan ever!
    the S.W white chocolate is very delicious!!!! their nut-free soy nut chocolate bars are extremely tasty too!!!

Quote treehugga View Post
    Sorry Claire - don't know - why don't you google their web page?
    Long time - no see you on here. How's the naturopath studies going?
    Studies going good, hard work but good, got exams in the next few weeks then about a month off in between semesters which will be nice. I havn't really been around much, I've just moved house with my fiance so have been pretty flat out with that, wedding plans,and uni.

Meanwhile i went to vincents for the first time ever, my omni fiance is in love with the mock meat products esspecially the little roasted chicken things, he keeps giving me suggestions of how to use them, so far hass been sweet and sour "chicken", "chicken enchilladas", he wants to make a "chicken" and leek pie, hehe

Quote insubordination View Post

The VCTOTW recipes are awesome, so Treehugga you can make your own!

Also a few ppl have commented on them being a bit exxy. Were yours delivered by the company or courier? I emailed her and she said she will deliver if it's in the area, rest of Sydney Metro will be via courier, I wondered how well the cupcakes would last the trip.
    Last edited by Kitteh; Dec 7th, 2009 at 02:06 AM.

Quote treehugga View Post
    Oh god it makes me want one now!
    I've just ordered 'vegan cupcakes take over the world' hope they'll be as good. Maybe a new business venture? :smile:
    Yummm. I made the gingerbread ones last night!

Just wanted to let people know that if you are from Australia and trying to make the frostings they make in VCTOTW, you will need a particular kind of vegetable shortening (Copha doesn't cut it). After many weeks of searching, I located an American brand called Crisco, which is available in the David Jones Food Hall (Bourke St) or from USAFoods. It's hydrogenated fat, unfortunately, but the only shortening suitable for making frostings like they do in VCTOTW! Trust me, it is worth it!!

Anthony89

Hello all, had my first delivery of Lamyong products in Canberra last week from a co. wholefoodcentral.com.au. My family has been raving about the soy nugget. I am not the best cook but it really makes a difference!

Jam, jam, jam.

Does anyone know why the vitasoy rice milks contain the label: suitable for vegetarians and vegans and the soy ones do not? I thought it might have something to do with the cane sugar in the soymilks, but that is only a guess! Cheers, merry xmas

I'm not sure but I thought the rice milk used to not say it too... I think I emailed them, if I find it I will post the answer I received
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

The purple vitasoy isn't vegan anymore, vit D from lanolin, just incase you weren't aware teapot

Yeah, I read that on www.wvd.org.au/forum as well. I am so glad the rice milk is still vegan!

I found Larabars in Sydney @ Pure Wholefoods, Manly. They are imported by Kadac (Vic) and I just checked if they dist. to Qld as well but was told not as yet, so if anyone wants them give them a call or get a local store to order some. My fave is the Pecan Pie and the Cinnamon Roll, so yummy!

On Sunday we went to Newtown (Sydney) for Burger Fuel. They have a few vegan options and the buns are vegan but the gluten free buns are not

I had the Combustion Vege which has a sunflower seed, chickpea, cumin & coriander pattie plus avocado, relish, peanut sauce & salad. We also go a small kumera chips and potato fries. Both the burger and kumera chips were yummo, I forgot to try the potato chips

I LOVE Sanitarium's So Good Vanilla Bliss ice cream.

Hi Lisa!

Hi Mandee!!

Did you know that Arnott's Choc Ripple biscuits are vegan?

Nope, I didn't know, but now I do

Cocolo's Mint Crisp chocolate. So good! They have a dark chocolate and almond flavour, but I'm yet to find it at the supermarket.
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies so close... you're almost kissing."

Leda's Chocolate Rum Balls mmmmmmmmm
    Lisa @ http://www.facebook.com/earthsista

Go Max Go Candy Bars are now in Australia!! At the moment they're available at the Cruelty Free Shop and Manly Health Foods.

If you'd like to see a shop stock them, let me know!

We get some Australian brands of Liquorice over here. It's yum!
    Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion". The "X" makes it sound cool.

Quote beanstew View Post
    We get some Australian brands of Liquorice over here. It's yum!
    What brand are they, Beanstew? I know there is a brand in Woolies that is ninja-vegan (accidentally vegan) called Ricci and they do red licorice too.

Quote Kitteh View Post
    What brand are they, Beanstew? I know there is a brand in Woolies that is ninja-vegan (accidentally vegan) called Ricci and they do red licorice too.
    I can't remember the manufacturer. It says something like 'Australian Soft Eating Liquorice' on the packet.

I'll get more details next time I see it.
    Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion". The "X" makes it sound cool.