Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Favourite vegan food products - Australia

Default Re: Favourite Vegan Food Products - Australia

-
    Last edited by MCMLXXXVI; Jul 18th, 2013 at 03:47 AM.

Default Re: Fruccio Ice Cream??? (Favourite Vegan Food Products - Australia)

I've notice a couple of references in this forum, to 'Fruccio' Ice Cream, but they were quite old - at least a year or two.

Does anyone know if it's still made? Woolies (in the 'Gong) hasn't stocked it for a few years and, because that can be a 'Woolies thing', I checked it out in Coles the odd time I've been near one over the past couple of years, and they haven't had it either.

Woolies only stock 'So Good'. I love 'So Good' Vanilla (better than 'Fruccio's Vanilla); So Good Chocolate is nice, but Fruccio's Dutch Chocolate just melts all over it! It's one of my very few 'real sweet' vices and because I only fancy ice cream when I'm really feeling the hot weather, I'm happy to indulge myself to the tune of a litre or two during summer.

Now I think about it, I've not seen ads for 'Frucio' in 'Vegan Voice' mag any time in the last few years. Maybe the company's no longer around?

I'm happy to say, apart from Leda's Rum Balls', I've not enjoyed any of the 'gluten-free' biscuits that are around - they all seem to have a 'unpleasant' back taste when it's been in my mouth for a few seconds, or try to disguise it by being super-sweeeeeet! which isn't my favourite thing. I'm thinking it might be the tapioca flour; that seems to be the wheat-alternative commonly used in baked goods.

I like Sanitarium Hot Dogs, particularly as they taste just as good nuked or room-temp. Their other 'sausages' seem to need browning to get the best flavour; ie: in fry-pan or under the grill, as do Fry's and Eatwell brands sausages. Which I'm happy to do when I have the time, but sometimes I just want something that heat's up in 20seconds, and not have to bother with fry-pan and wait 10 mins.

I like most of the other Fry's products when I fancy something ready-made - the 'Chicken' Schnitzel is nice but needs 'crisping' up. The 'chicken' strips are okay just nuked; in fact, because of the thinness of the strips they can dry out easily if stir-fried or grilled.

Mostly though, my favourite vegan food is: VEGETABLES! I love my vegies! And legumes! And grains! And fruit!

Cheers to All......................Vee*

I've never heard of Fruccio, sorry Vee. And I don't really like the So Good ice cream.
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

hey just wanted to start this thread up again being Aussie, and new to vegan-ism id love to hear what staples other oz vegans can't live without. So far I've discovered the nuttlex margarine (yes obvious I suppose but so tasty and versatile). And for sweets cocoluscious ice-cream is ''omg amazing!'' Also, has anyone been able to find almond milk anywhere??? cheers

Default Re: Favourite vegan food products - Australia

Hi there.

You should be able to get the ''milk'' at large supermarkets and health food stores. There are a number of ''vegan days'' and celebrations going on at the moment in various states around australia. If your new to veganism these are a wonderful resource. ALV is a good place to check out.

My favorite food products are currently Nushies ice cream (not soy but coconut milk and cashews) fabulous.
    Loving burgers made from black beans.

My favorite vegan food products are Boca Original Vegan Patties, Follow Your Heart Gourmet Jalapeno Cheese (soy cheese), and Better than Milk vegan Beverage. My favorite foods (that are not specifically vegan) are organic pearled barley, hard red winter wheat berries, edamame, TVP, tomato, sugar free strawberry preserves, red peppers, portobello mushrooms and lite tofu. LOVE THEM ALL!

Tangent: I am traveling home tomorrow morning and I am worried about there not being any vegan foods at my parents household. I lived off brown rice, green tea and crackers last time I visited. Hopefully my mother stops by at Sprouts or Whole Foods on the way home!
    Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace (Schweitzer, 1952)

Hi TreeHugga
    The Perth Vegan/AR festival is on tomorrow and I am so excited to go. I normally work weekends so that makes it even more great.
    Vegan Athlete: edamame...Mmmmm love it.
    I seem to get heart burn off the soy burgers/ sausages though i do like the taste, so my (junk) snack foods at the moment are all potato based. Naughty

oh and treehugga the cocolusious ice-cream is also coconut based made in NSW i believe. Very Very NUmms

I love Leda products, in particular the banana bar and the fruit bars. I love the local organic apricots, cherries, and peaches at the moment