Thread: Blackheads

Question Blackheads

What is the best way to get rid of blackheads? Specifically around and on the nose area. I have tried some pore strips I got from Vegan Essentials but they were useless. What is a good, vegan way of ridding myself of these pesky things?
    "There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle." -Robert Alden

Default Re: Blackheads

I've tried that method years ago but I think I did it wrong.

I have one pesky blackhead near my eye. I'm too afraid to do something because it's so close to my eye.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

boil the kettle..pour it in a bowl..add some lavender or tea tree..not more than a drop or two. towel over yr head..steam your face to open up your pores..count to 20 each time and take a breath or air and then dive back in..when youve got to 100, towel off your head..get some loo roll..wrap on your fingers, use the pad of your fingers and not your nails to ease in towards the pesky beast. dont press too hard, sort of slightly change the angle and youll 'tease' it out. if you need to get back under the towel, go nuts. when youve had enough, attack more facial beasts until youve had enough/theyre all gone..splash your face with cold water to close up your pores afterwards, slap on some moisturiser. all done. great fun.
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

My cousin bought a metallic tool device to remove blackheads. Waste of money she said.

But I like emma's advice!
    Peace, love, and happiness.

SkinClean.com will solve the problem with their daily cleanser (scrub). $17 jar of salty-powder lasts 6mo or more. Found it by recommendation on an acne/rosacea forum.
    Plant-based micro cleansing good stuff.

Shame about their rotten customer service: my order was only 3 weeks late and I have since gone to Maui. Maybe by the time I get an order sent here, I shall be back in CA?
    the only animal ingredient in my food is cat hair

Despite my great age (ahem) I have a tendency to get these but it has been better since I've been using this http://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?page...ategory_id=493 - it scours a bit but does it really gently so you don't end up with a bright red face. You could just use it on the "problem areas" if you prefer. It might be similar to what Pat has recommended.

Another thing to bear in mind is that they can apparently be caused by dry skin as opposed to oily skin, so perhaps moisturising and eating stuff that makes your skin less dry (such as flax oil) could help as well.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have a ton of the pesky things on my nose but haven't found anything to get rid of them yet.
    >harpy I have oily skin, especially on the nose area.
    "There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle." -Robert Alden

I have used calamine and kaolin before, Harpy, and they are useful natural products but SkinCean's daily cleanser is a miracle. Won't hear me giving out recommendations for anything else I've tried. Stuff will put estheticians out of business.
    the only animal ingredient in my food is cat hair

Used nature's Cure for a long time, their 2-step acne treatment thing. it's a pill and a cream. Didn't even use the cream but the pills worked wonders. Unfortunately it contains milk-derived lactose. Anybody know of any other daily vitamin complex thingies like that?
    Either this wallpaper goes, or I do.