Thread: Simple Vegan Diet

dnicolemont

Default Simple Vegan Diet

I am trying to transition into a vegan lifestyle. I also am interested and have been researching raw vegan. However, I am not interested in a "100%" raw vegan lifestyle. I do, however want to be 100% vegan.

My question is this: Is there many vegans who eat simply? I see a lot of recipes with tofu, fake cheese and mock meats, etc. I am wondering if there anyone who eats a large percentage of raw foods with a little of cooked vegetables, etc. without all of the processed mock food?

Rocket Queen

Default Re: Simple Vegan Diet

I don't think a lot of vegans eat a lot of 'mock' food, they;re just there for convenience and extra bits when I get bored!
    Beans/grains/pulses/veg/fruit/spices/chilli/garlic...zillions of spices and herbs to choose from. Tofu isn't a 'fake' food though, it's an age old food matter in it's own right and is very versatile don't shy away from it
    Good luck!
    The greatest mistake is to do nothing because you can only do a little.

I don't eat a raw diet myself. Maybe 40% of my food intake is raw I'm focused more on the ethics, than the health benefits.

I eat pretty simplistically though Oatmeal and raisins in the morning. Sometimes toast with vegan margarine. I take alot of fruit to work (apples, bananas, fruit salads), I sometimes take a quick garden salad too (iceberg lettuce, cucumber, tomato). Then for dinner I usually make a pasta. I buy pre-maid tomato sauce and pasta, so it just requires heating up the pasta, adding some frozen veggies and tomato sauce I cook up some rice sometimes aswell, make a bit of a stirfry out of it. My snacks are usually fruit, or vegan cookies from a local bakery, sometimes I get my hands on vegan chocolate aswell - but it's hard to find

Hello. Yes, I think quite a lot of vegans rely mainly on veg, grains, beans etc and don't use fake meats etc all that much. A lot of people also eat a reasonable amount of raw foods such as salads and fresh fruit without necessarily avoiding all cooked food.

BTW I wouldn't put tofu in the "mock food" category as it a traditional food in some parts of the world and is not highly processed. However it's not something I'd eat every day.

Rocket Queen

Is there still a 'What did you eat today?' thread that could help dnicolement?
    I make a lot of stir fries with veg and a home made tomato sauce, adding beans for bulk. Breakfast is often crispbreads and fruit, soy yogurt, lunch is a pasta salad with loads of stir fried veg (usually leftover from the eve before!)
    The greatest mistake is to do nothing because you can only do a little.