Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Slimming world as a vegan

Default Re: Slimming world as a vegan

The temptation of cake, I know the feeling well, said no to a very delicious looking upside cake this weekend, very proud of myself. Have a good day.
    Jean

Well done you, you should be proud of that strength. Have a good day yourself.

Hi, your food diary was interesting and not boring at all. I had a good weekend, but today had a lovely massive fry up, on top of a very large tofu breakfast and tonight hot chocolate, chocolate and popcorn, my weakness is defintely chocolate! I did however have a salad. Writing today off and starting properly tomorrow. Hope your day was better.
    Jean

Sounds nice though ... I like fry ups and hot chocolate .... I hope you wake up very determined tomorrow and stay that way all day.

todays food for me was bits and pieces throughout the day, lets hope I remember it all.

4 poppadoms (6 syns) 1 banana 3 apples 1 mug instant Osem tomato soup 2 syns 5 chips from what I cooked for others - oven chips at 5% fat so a few syns there but not massive amounts. 2 x ryvita (bit of a hexb)

A big plate of rice and lentils and green beens unmeasured cashew nuts, my hexb + some more syns

Rice and curry made of mushy peas, lentils and the Asda version of chicken style lumps. There are a couple of syns per packet but I didn't even have half a packet so I'm very much hoping I scrape in at 15 syns today.

Lots of unsweetened soya milk as usual - must get around to measuring that again I suppose. AND I resisted a Fry's bar I found in a jacket pocket that I had forgotton about and later on I decided I'd wait till tomorrow before opening the Swedish Glace. I think I'm getting back into it now but I can't do any exercise at all atm - not even meant to lift stuff and I know I've been over doing that and I'm just not healing properly. Still, I see the doctor tomorrow and see what to do about the ABs - I finish this course tomorrow.

Good luck with the doctors, hope it goes well. Should be very proud of yourself not having the Frys bar. When I first weighed the soya milk allowance I was stunned by the amount I now measure everything I need to as my guess is so over the top it's unbelievable. On the minimins forum I go on a lot a few have decided to post there food intake, so am going to join in, hopefully keep me motivated this week. Take care and don't over do things.
    Jean

Don't forget on a green day you have 2 HEXAs, so if you use unsweetened you get 2 x 350 ml which is quite enough for me. You get even more with KAra coconut 'milk' and some othe soya millks too but off the top of my head I can't remember the quantities.

Keep focused and enjoy today

Thanks for that, do use the extra HexA on my soya milk allowance at the moment, going through a bit of a tofu smoothie faze!

Here's what I had today.
    Breakfast: Porridge (Hex B1) Soya Milk (Hex A)*
    Dinner: Vegetable, Lentil & Squash Curry (2Syns)
    With Brown Rice. Fruit Salad (Free)
    Tea: Salad (Free) salad Cream (2Syns)
    Hummus (2Syns)*
    Tofu Banana Smoothie (Free)*
    Snacks: Nuts (Hex B2)
    Chocolate (6Syns)
    Pear (Free)
    Water: Seven Glasses
    Syns:12

Hope you had a good day and good luck tomorrow.

thanks, not a bad day but I succumbed to the choccy bar. I also saw the doctor, got more ABs and a part explanation of something horrible that has happened a couple of times to the op site. Foolishly I googled ..... :-/

Did you know that you really should syn the banana once you've done anything to it rather than just cut it up and eat it?

Here's to staying focused tomorrow for both of us.

Thanks for that about the banana, had no idea! Suppose it's like fruit juices. I think you deserved a choccy bar. Take care and good luck today.

Here's what I had today: Breakfast: Toast (Hex B1) Soya Milk (Hex A1) Scrambled Tofu with Onion & Tomato. Margarine (2 Syns)
    Dinner: Vegetable & Lentil & Bake. Soya Mince (2 Syns) Peas. Yoghurt (Hex A2)
    Tea: Salad (Free) Salad Cream (2 Syns) Jacket Potato, Roasted Couscous,*Margarine (2 Syns)
    Snacks: Nuts(Hex B2) Chocolate(6 Syns) Pear(Free) Apple(Free) Prunes(Free) Water: Six Glasses. Syns:14

Well done you. I got stressed and reverted to binging. Tomorrow will be different. Oh, just noticed, check prunes, I've not got a book handy but dried fruit aren't generally free. And afaik our yoghurts don't count as a hex A, fair enough if it works for you. Do you have up to date info on this? Alpro is 7 syns a big pot for the unsweetened one unless its changed again. A small peeve, why do SW keep changing stuff? Does the plan work any better for not having polenta as free food?

And ...how do you do your roasted cous cous?

Thanks for the info, I am working from old info so things have probably changed, the prunes where a couple from a tin in natural juice. As for the yoghurt it's plain and some strange brand from Germany, gutted there not counted a Hex, do you think it would be 2 Syns for a small pot? As for Polenta not sure, don't eat it myself, worth a go and seeing what happens. For roasted couscous I make it up add some veg and stick it in the oven at 160c for about 20 mins or until it goes crispy.
    Hope you have a good day, weigh in tomorrow, wobbly knees already!

i managed to lose 31/2 stones but since then have put back on 21/2!!! could give lots of excuses as too why this is but im not going too as iv come to the conclusion that im just weak!!
    i have been looking at going to weight watchers or slimming world but cannot decide which would fit my vegan lifesyle better and then i saw this post so would you guys recommend sw instead of ww? and does it make a difference joining a group? i lost the weight before by dieting my own way but this time i dont seem to be able to get motivated to start if you know what i mean

Hi and welcome, must confess never done ww only sw, I think a lot depends on what suits you, I have heard a lot of people on ww feel hungry. If you did it before on your own may be post a food diary on here and join in with our weigh in on Friday. If that doesn't work you can join a group. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Had a raw day today boy was it hard, hoping it will show on the scales! Heres what I had. Juice (lettuce, cucumber, celery, ginger, carrot) Breakfast: Juice (one part juice to ten parts water)*Fruit Salad (kiwi, grapefruit, clementine, sprinkled with sunflower seeds) Soya Milk HexA1 Dinner: Juice. Hummus, Cucumber, Carrot, Red Pepper, Celery, Olives. Soya Milk HexA2 Tea: Juice. Salad. Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Grated Carrot, Salad Cream (2 Syns) Avocado (6 Syns) Snacks: Nuts HexB1 *& HexB2 Banana Chocolate (6 Syns) Water: Five Glasses. Syns: 14 Hope you had a good day.

Hi all, just weighed myself Stayed The Same, still better than a gain and will keep me on track over the weekend and hopefully loose a pound, good luck everyone else.

[QUOTE=emmapresley;690578]got my 5 stone award yesterday by some miracle i dropped 6 1/2 lbs this last week, despite white refined bread, jack daniels and take out curry. go me![/QU

5 stones! wow your are an inspiration! you have given me the motivation i needed! i have quite a bit too lose and seeing that someone else has done it is just fab! thanx for posting x

Quote MsJean View Post
    Hi and welcome, must confess never done ww only sw, I think a lot depends on what suits you, I have heard a lot of people on ww feel hungry. If you did it before on your own may be post a food diary on here and join in with our weigh in on Friday. If that doesn't work you can join a group. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    thanx msjean, i think i will defo join in with the weigh in on here on Fridays got weighed today and after id picked myself back up off the floor (due to fainting at the sheer shock of how much i weigh!) felt a little motivated to do something about it!! So until next Friday..... hugs and kisses to all x

Hi, ladies!

I went vegan about 6 months ago and joined SW a few weeks ago. It's been far easier than I've expected doing it as a vegan, and I've lost around 6lb already . Really happy to be getting closer to those size 10 jeans!!

However, it's a bit disappointing that pressed fruit juices and smoothies have such a high Syn value . TMI (skip this bit if you're squeamish lol): I struggle with haemarrhoids and fissures, and since juice/smoothies used to help with constipation, I'm really suffering now that I've mostly cut them out. I don't really want to be using all my Syns on something that's really quite healthy, as that means I never get to have any treats (like Fry's Orange Creams, nom nom)! Has anyone else had this experience?
    xox

y guys, I used to do SW but only became vegan a month ago. I have lost a bit of weight anyway (until I found out yesterday how to make vegan donuts )

Anyway, I think about starting again..but tbh I think I won't be able to eat many nuts or add a lot of oil (which I love)..even when I was on SW I would usually do green days. But all the pasta, rice and potatoes didn't make my weight come off. I feel when I eat more veg (even with fat) I lose weight more easily than if I eat wholegrains in abundance...

My first Friday weigh in...........I lost 5lbs!