Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Slimming world as a vegan

Default Re: Slimming world as a vegan

^ thats pretty funny LV.
    there are women at (my) group who rally do almost strip off. one woman lives down the road and walks up in her uggs and nightie..and ive seen people remove belts and jewellry before breathing in (like THATS gonna make a difference)

you off to the grove tomorrow night for 872394562873956297856278562478 calories of noms?
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

leedsveg

Breathing in doesn't work? Are you joshing me ep?! Only thing better, is a good fart. (Tip: breathe in, before farting.)

If we go to the Grove tomorrow night, we might not know anybody, as the meet up is on the 19th. I've told you before about them mushrooms ep.

lv

LOL'd at last few posts

Just received our slow cooker in the post this morning, at 7.15am! Having only ordered it yesterday afternoon at 5pm. Looking up some fine recipes just now. Looking forward to coming home to a healthy 'ready meal'!
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

leedsveg

^^
    Good wishes for cooking with your new slow cooker, pusskins. I've hesitated for a while about whether or not to buy one, so I'd be interested to know how you get on with it.

Leedsveg

I used to go to SW. I have to confess that I have removed my watch and keys prior to being weighed.
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

leedsveg

Quote Jiffy View Post
    I used to go to SW. I have to confess that I have removed my watch and keys prior to being weighed.
    At least getting weighed in the privacy of my own bathroom, I can strip down to my spectacles, and I wouldn't even wear those if my eyesight wasn't so bad. I take it that the atmosphere at SW is a bit more formal?

Leedsveg

Quote leedsveg View Post
    At least getting weighed in the privacy of my own bathroom, I can strip down to my spectacles, and I wouldn't even wear those if my eyesight wasn't so bad. I take it that the atmosphere at SW is a bit more formal?

Leedsveg
    Just a little

Quote leedsveg View Post

Leedsveg
    You are clearly unfamiliar with this little corner of sarf London
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

if i get my 3lbs off on tuesday and get my 3 stone shiny sticker and certificate will you please all internet high five me and go 'wwooo! and that?

(i am trying very hard this week to eat only wholesome free noms and i did some *body magical* wiping of surfaces and everything. one of these days im gonna have to start exercising properly. eek.

High five, and the rest! Sending fat-burning vibes your way, emmapresley... What is your 'body magic' target? I assume you have to pick a 'place' you want to get to?

First slow cooker meal tonight! Quinoa Corn Chowder. Of course, used Fry Light instead of oil. This dish is Free on the plan, as far as I can tell by the ingredients. And I kind of did a workout this morning when I was supporting a friend doing the half-marathon today. Had to walk around the showground a bit, and clapping for loads of people does take it out of you

leedsveg

Quote Jiffy View Post
    You are clearly unfamiliar with this little corner of sarf London
    Gattona and Jiffy. I'm afraid that my knowledge of London is mostly gleaned from having been made to watch Eastenders some years ago. It really is like that, isn't it?

Quote emmapresley View Post
    if i get my 3lbs off on tuesday and get my 3 stone shiny sticker and certificate will you please, all internet high five me and go 'wwooo! and that?
    I'll high five you in the flesh next Saturday (repeat:NEXT Saturday) ep.

lv

i didnt make one pusskins..it seemed too scary at the time. ive never been slender so i have no idea whats a good weight to stop at for me.she didnt encourage it really either.

i started that 12 week sponsored SW weight loss thing. set my target on that for 2 stones..28 lbs in 12 weeks.. soo..14lbs, one stone in 6 weeks. i think thats achievable. didnt i mention this? money goes to a local charity. im probably talking out of my arse, is it unreasonable? my woman seems to think its achievable. and when im done that ill look at myself and try and work out what to stop it at. i think though im the sort of person who has kinda heavy bones or muscle under all the fat. another woman joined, a lot bigger than me and kind of extra wobbly, (hasten to add shes incredibly nice and funny and almost vegan friendly - ie she recognises a puy lentil) and her starting weight was wya less than mine.

enjoy your tea!

oh shit yeah soz lv..im rubbish with numbers and days and stuff. and tbh im scared about going cos i know ill eat cake and pizza and kiran will bully me into eating bhajis and pies saying 'its one day..live a little'

leedsveg

^^

You must go ep, so that you, me and MrsLeedsveg can give each other support in our weight loss efforts.

(And you're a very nice person to be with as well. There, I've said it...)

lv

cobweb

i didnt make one pusskins..it seemed too scary at the time. ive never been slender so i have no idea whats a good weight to stop at for me.she didnt encourage it really either.

i started that 12 week sponsored SW weight loss thing. set my target on that for 2 stones..28 lbs in 12 weeks.. soo..14lbs, one stone in 6 weeks. i think thats achievable. didnt i mention this? money goes to a local charity. im probably talking out of my arse, is it unreasonable? my woman seems to think its achievable. and when im done that ill look at myself and try and work out what to stop it at. i think though im the sort of person who has kinda heavy bones or muscle under all the fat. another woman joined, a lot bigger than me and kind of extra wobbly, (hasten to add shes incredibly nice and funny and almost vegan friendly - ie she recognises a puy lentil) and her starting weight was wya less than mine.

enjoy your tea!

I'm like that, emmap, I weigh a LOT, a scary amount, and although I'm quite big I'm not hugely obese or wobbly looking. I think I'm quite big built and I know I have big muscles, just got to get rid of the fat now. Am joining my local group after moving next week.

Quote cobweb View Post
    I'm like that, emmap, I weigh a LOT, a scary amount, and although I'm quite big I'm not hugely obese or wobbly looking. I think I'm quite big built and I know I have big muscles, just got to get rid of the fat now. Am joining my local group after moving next week.
    nonsense cobweb. i saw your vid for the dr who thing, theres nothing on you?!

Quote leedsveg View Post
    ^^

You must go ep, so that you, me and MrsLeedsveg can give each other support in our weight loss efforts.

(And you're a very nice person to be with as well. There, I've said it...)

lv
    thankyou lv. you may come sit with me for a longer period than we usually manage for your lovely comment

cobweb

nonsense cobweb. i saw your vid for the dr who thing, theres nothing on you?!

You are a card, Emmap .

um. i wasnt being sarcaaaarstic.

cobweb

um. i wasnt being sarcaaaarstic.
    Well thanks, but honestly, I'm a hefty lady

Oh well, it looks like I may well be joining up again.

We have been having a bit of a house defrag this week, during the course of which I encountered my svelte former self on a home video, from circa 1990, when I was doing Karate and Aikido several nights a week. I was only vegetarian back then as well, with a dreadful cheese habit.

This has really brought home how porcine I have become. Just not sure if I can face being the only vegan there and most likely the only bloke.

Quote Jiffy View Post
    Oh well, it looks like I may well be joining up again.

We have been having a bit of a house defrag this week, during the course of which I encountered my svelte former self on a home video, from circa 1990, when I was doing Karate and Aikido several nights a week. I was only vegetarian back then as well, with a dreadful cheese habit.

This has really brought home how porcine I have become. Just not sure if I can face being the only vegan there and most likely the only bloke.
    Eh, Jiffy,

I could almost have written that. Well, the comparativly svelte self when trainig several times a week. Cycling miles and miles every day helps too.

I've not found that SW as a vegan is difficult except for listening to all the other disgusting things people eat in (THE) group. Oh, and the taster days when I can usually only eat my offereing and if I'm lucky a couple of other things.

But yes, going on your own as a bloke must be difficult. Many men seem to come with groups of friends/relatives or not bother to stay to the Image wahatsit afterwards. Which does loose a lot of teh benefits of the sessions, crap as the games etc can be if you've got an good consultant it is possible to leave feeling quite buoyed up for the rest of the week.

Gotta go .... best wishes for whatever you decide to do.

Right! Weigh-in this morning. 0.7kg down (1.5lbs)! Yarp!

@Jiffy - I know the feeling of looking at old photos/videos. It can be incredibly depressing but it is good motivation, and the fact that it is you, then you know that you can do it. You managed to do the martial arts thing several times a week. It will take a while but you can get back there. Don't be put off going to a SW group but if it's not your thing, you can also do it online like I am doing. It works!

Quote pusskins View Post
    Right! Weigh-in this morning. 0.7kg down (1.5lbs)! Yarp!

@Jiffy - I know the feeling of looking at old photos/videos. It can be incredibly depressing but it is good motivation, and the fact that it is you, then you know that you can do it. You managed to do the martial arts thing several times a week. It will take a while but you can get back there. Don't be put off going to a SW group but if it's not your thing, you can also do it online like I am doing. It works!
    Pusskins, have you actually signed up for their online service or do you have enough of a basic understanding already?

The official online thing seems mightily expensive

I signed up, as it was on special offer when I did. Once you do the initial 3 month online thing, you will have a good understanding of the system. So the initial payout is worth it. However, I need the motivation of the email saying "weigh in!" and signing in online and entering my weight. And you do get good ideas for recipes and meal plans.

Jiffy, we can help. check some posts by EmmaP and myself a while back. It really is easy once you have it sussed and it works. I've shed 12 pounds in a few weeks now and MsP is going great - 3 stone shiney sticky to be collected, yes?

Here are some links to useful explaining types posts on another forum

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wor...xtra-easy.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wor...orld-faqs.html

jiffy..if it helps i can send you an email weekly wihjt the subject heading <<weigh day!!>>

absolutely well be your VFSW buddies
    though i do find going there weekly and staying to (the) groupo is an immense motivator. i sort of see each new week as a target and a goal, look at what ive done that week and see how i can tweak it. it is pretty good to hear what other people have to say even if it is horrid stuff about cooking gammon in cola. jeesuz.

and yes, gattona. i bloody well hope so. fEels like its just been faffing about this last 3 weeks. ive upped my game people, i have started..EXCERCISING!!

fir this week just a 15 minute tae bo workout dvd daily until i dont feel like im going to die at the end of it, then maybe twice a day and go from there..actually its an 8 minute workout and im familiar with it and i used to LOVE doing it when i was slightly fitter. my arms are killing today though

gammon in cola ?????????? That's too crazy to make up. So I believe they were talking about that. Words fail me. And yea, course you will. definitely time to stop faffing about

Ok peeps, I have decided what I'm going to do. I still have my SW book from last time, so I think I'll see how I get on without actually joining up as it were.

I hope you all don't get peeved with me aSking daft questions

Do they still have that annoying little foible of calling anything with a tenuous link to exercise 'body magic' ? I'm back on the bike today ( been off work with a virus) and I'm going to start ramping up the mileage, with an initial target of 100 miles per week plus a longer weekend ride.

If you are anywhere near South London/Surrey look out for a chubby MAMIL.

Love it, we get worked up a bit here about SW's 'annoying litle foibles'

Yea... its body magic. What's a MAMIL? Man And Mouse In Leopardskin? Marvelously Agile Man Interestingly Leaping?

something to do with moobs? :0P

yeah i flexed my finger...BODY MAGIC!! havin a bourbon as a reward. go me.

honestly gattona..itll be chicken in irn bru next. weirdos.
    i just did some more tae bo. 3 days in and it felt easier to do, and...pleasant. *raises eyebrow slightly*

Quote Gattona View Post
    Love it, we get worked up a bit here about SW's 'annoying litle foibles'

Yea... its body magic. What's a MAMIL? Man And Mouse In Leopardskin? Marvelously Agile Man Interestingly Leaping?
    All is revealed- not literally you'll be pleased to hear http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-10965608

Got me a (very very cheap!) pedometer. The number on there at this minute is 4282 steps. I put it on as I left the house for work this morning. So already done quite a few steps pottering around the house, getting ready for work. Are they serious when they say do 10,000 steps a day? That seems very little!

I'm thinking of joining online as I'd like to lost a stone - but I haven't tried SW for a few years so not sure about doing it on a vegan diet. A friend has given me some ideas but I think I'd need to join to find out syn values of specialist vegan foods (i.e. those Granovita Soyage dessert/yogurts which must be low in syns!?!)

Is it worth me joining online? Do you still get all the books etc? Thanks guys and keep up the good work

Emmapresley - have you got a recipe for your "quinoa, bean and kale stew" please? Ta!

They have different packages which cost different amounts depending on whether you just want online membership, online membership + magazine subscription or online membership, magazine subscription + the books. The books themselves are way overpriced (in my opinion), and if you've got the basic online membership you really don't need the books anyway as all that information is there online. =)

I have lost a stone in 5 weeks now, which I think I'm happy with, maybe would have liked a little more but at least those numbers are going downwards now instead of up so yes, I should stop being so hard on myself and be happy with it!
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

i got my 3 stone award thing yesterday, 3 lbs off. have worked very hard last week for it.

have a look here kayjay, a few other recipes from AFR there to try as well

http://www.theppk.com/books/appetite-for-reduction/

YAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!! Well done! Woot woot!

Absolutely brilliant - so pleased for you

fankoo

Thanks PI - thats brilliant I'll have a look And congratulations on your weight loss you've done brilliantly. Which membership did you opt for?

Emma - thanks for the info and many congrats on your weight loss you should be proud you've done brilliantly Just need to get my backside into gear now!

Emma !!!!!! YAY

Hooray hooray I've lost my first stone

anyone ever tried success express? Here's an explanation on minimins

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wor...s-express.html

And another question, anyone knoew a syn free yoghurt?

And yet another question, why has it gone so quiet here? How is everyone doing?

Hooray!! Well done, Gattona Good for you!!!!!

I lost 0.6kg (1.3lbs) when I weighed myself on Thurs. Yay!

Haven't tried Success Express, as I'm trying to lose the weight slowly and consistently

Syn-free yoghurt? I know this is wrong, but I just eat as much of the plain Alpro as I want - treat it like a free food. It's worked so far, for me.

Well done Pusskins!!!! Do you want to lose much more?

I thought the Alpro was free and was quite liberal with it but at the time wasn't having much in the way of 'synful' (grrrrrr.... hate hate hate hate the very idea of food being sinful) foods so that was why I got away with it. I think.

Now I'm trying to have a more varied diet and have more choccie and biscuit style treats so use more syns so am being more cautious with my consumption of it.

Yep - have another 5kgs (11lbs) to lose. It seems like a lot! How about you?

Yes, I wasn't very good in the beginning in making sure I had enough Syns and something from List A. I now make sure I do have my milk in the morning, and I have about 14 Syns a day. Nommy ginger nuts are the standard if there isn't anything else But I do still 'assume' that the yoghurt is free. As I am losing weight, I won't change that!

Blimey, 11 lbs doesn't sound like far to go - that shouldn't take too long. What has your weight loss journey been like? Me ... I've masses to lose

I was trying to work out when I first started and I think the first time I started with SW was about 8 years ago. I was 18st 1lb - I remember that shock very well and with that group I got down to 13st something then the fat started creeping back - I'm an emotional eater and by gosh do our family have problems - and I went to loads and loads of SW groups locally and lost and gained for years. Then a couple of years ago I met up with an online group I got on well with and got down to a couple of pounds under 13st. Then things got worse at home and over the last year and a half I got back to needing size 20 clothes again.

Now I'm having counselling, my SO has at least a label for the disorder that drove him to alchohol although medical care for him is still badly lacking and we've admited my son needs to be in hospital which is where he is now and my daughter is maturing and I feel able to get control of my own weight issues.

So now I'm 204 lbs which is a stone down (YAY!!!) from when I started on 07.02.2011 and my aim this time is be able to wear size 12 clothes which is probably around 165 lbs I'm not fussy about the figure, it will be how I feel and what size I am.

So as that's nearly 40 lbs to go I'm setting myself little targets - to lose another pound by the end of the month will mean I lost half a stone in March, then to get under 200 lbs then I will switch back to stones and aim for 14st then go down to 13st ...

And this will be the last time I ever have to do this because I am changing the way I look at life and food and do not binge when troubled. (emoticon for fingers crossed?)

cobweb

^ sending you love, Gattona , from another emotional eater with family troubles xxx
    I too would love to get back to a size 12 (haven't been that small for nearly 20 years!!!) and I'm impressed by your determination.

Emmap you are a great inspiration, and PI and Pusskins, and all other losers, well done too .

I've started doing my own thing this week, based loosely on your collective inspirations in this thread, and also on the theory of shifting my fat arse a little more. I've lost 4lbs - but some of that is house-moving stress I'm sure!. Am just praying that my feet will keep going (Plantar Fasciitis in one, Tendon troubles with the other *sigh*). I honestly don't have space in my new house to exercise so am hoping to walk every day as I used to, long ago...........

Has anyone done Zumba, by the way?. I see there's a group here.
    Last edited by cobweb; Mar 27th, 2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: *fat* arse not far arse lol

Aw .. love back to you CW

Plantar Fasciitis - ouch I've had that ... have you seen a podiatrician and got exercises? I have inserts for shoes as well but it took a looooong time to heal and was agony. I read a bit about your house moving. I'm so glad you have somwhere permanent now - you do don't you?

Moving (I was thinking about your typo there and accidentaly wrote mooring by mistake ) one's arse is a good idea. My car has had expensive troubles recently and as its sooo old it wasn't really worth doing but I had no option and I've been doing a LOT of walking lately which has helped me a lot I'm sure

Well done on your 4lbs - its a new start for your new home

Gattona, who probably hasn't been a 12 for over 40 years, but I've a nice new charity shop skirt and trousers for when I get there