Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Slimming world as a vegan

Default Re: Slimming world as a vegan

When you're ready, I think its a good plan for carb loving vegans. I'm having a stressy time atm as well and I wasn't able to address my weight issues until I got support but now I'm having counselling, I've accepted that long term hospitalisation is what my boy needed ... other stuff too, major other stuff ..... now SW is working for me - or was until two days ago and I can pick up the pieces again.

anyway, what I'm saying is that being hung up on weight issues at the wrong time was counter productive for me and i doubt I'm the only one.

Whatever you decide to do xxx

cobweb

Thanks, and you too! x

cobweb..if youre interested i will spend some time tomorrow afternoon writing up a lot of the slimming world easy extra/green/red day stuff ro you either in a pm or if youd be happy to give me your email address ill make it a document and mail it to you.

if you like you can let me know what kinds of 'treaty' things you have and i can let you know syn values.
    what i have just noticed is that you do porridge and fruit juice.
    i used to neck down so much fruit juice but because the fruit is squished or something it becomes synful. and oats are really naughty..its strange. some stuff you would think would be crap is good, and the other wya wya. for example. refines pasta. scoff on. lose weight. fatty meats, scoff on..lose weight. (well not for us cos we are amazing vegans and do that kind of thing wiht the corpseres thankyou vair much)

if you feel it woul help to give you more of an overview i would be more than happy to do it.

^somthing like hummous thought. chickpeas are free.. parsley is free, lemon juice is free. on a green day 2 tablespoons for a healthy extra b or whatever its called. so make BIG hummous. eat with masses of carrots etc. no syns involved.

im sure it just requires a little thought and then youre on your way.

peopl in my group, sorry, people in 'group' spend loads of syns on dumb shit like salmon filets that have honey or whatever on them but because theyre prepackaged theyd have to count them. that was a bad example. but im sure you get my meaning?

cereals gotta be measured. which sounds evil. its why i go for 42 g of all bran because its slightly sweet and filling. wtf is 28g gonna do for anyone? i had to give away all my lovely dorset muesli **cry**

and bread can be synful. BUT..its all a matter of making the food work for you (god i sound wanky)..and youll find once youre in the routine and the pattern that you can eat lots of really good stuff that you werent having before and feel stuffed to the point where you cant possibly BELIEVE youve lost weight..then you go and <<ta-dah!!>> you dropped 3lbs!!! (unless you stuffed yourself on seiten on saturday)

soo..tomorrow we have a taster day. to kick start this sponsored lose weight fatty campaign.
    i have made a spinach, quinoa, chickpea salad
    quinoa, bean and kale stew (i would NEVER haver thought i could make this and enjoy it but it is delicious)
    coolslaw (i ate most of it, oops i hope they dont mind)

so now all i have to do is turn up prepared to eat only my food because therell be nothing else *grin* and find a corner to rock in as the party cd goes on and westlife begins to play....

paaarteeee--ooombyay
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

and apologies for my bad typing. today i am overexcited!

Quote emmapresley View Post
    and apologies for my bad typing. today i am overexcited!
    Crap spelling, great post Enjoy (the) party

ha! i saw what you did there!

ha! i saw what you did there!
    ??????????????????

enjoy the party
    enjoy party. where is the party?
    the party is at the group. no, sorry. the party is at group.

*shuts the frak up*

cobweb

you're funny when you're excited
    I'll PM you my e-mail address later and some examples of my naughty 'treats' lol
    Don't make loads of work for yourself though - but thanks for offering.

Hi EmmaP,

methinks you stayed up too late last night All this exciting partying in prospect.

I would love to have a look at your hints on SW and I would have thought others could enjoy them too. Could you post here rather than doing a PM to Cobweb. Pretty please ......

enjoy the party

*shuts the frak up*
    You did see what I did

oh hi fellow slimmers!
    (the) party was ...er.

fun.

she asked us to describe what our food contributions were. i felt a right tosser saying what mine was. it didnt have enough eggs, tuna and chicken in it. but a couple of the women asked me for the recipe for the quinoa bean and spinach(should be kale) stew. it tasted better than the day before, cold.

i lost 1lb this week. ive done green all week and i genuinley was anticipating a gain, but if my pattern follows its usual pattern then next week i should lose a significant amount. if i manage to lose 3 1/2lbs this week ill get my 3 stone sticker. a woman in (the) group got her 3 1/2 stone sticker and burst into tears. i, being a hardened bitch wont cry at my 3 stone thingy but i felt really happy for her. she celebrated with jelly and some muller light. go jo!

i made more diet food out of the amazing isa chandra mosokwitz book. oh my, seriously yummy. and the stuff that has even the smallest amount of oil in i missed out an it tasted perfect without.

im gonna do another green week this week, and write down everything i eat. its a very good tactic, cos otherwise stuff is forgotten.
    im quite happy to post anything in here i was going to go through all the free/superfree/ healthy a's and b's stuff for cobweb??

the typing out, although im not very tidy with it, im more than happy to do. i like to pretend im the writey woman from teh opening titles of murder she wrote. all thats missing is something for me to whack on the right hand side and a tune that encourages cheerful insanity

oh shit. what was the question again?

I'll help.. I'm starting on the As now ... mmm ... hope nobody official from SW sees this

Here is the A choice section. You can have 2 of these on the green plan:

350ml unsweetened calcium enriched soya milk
    250ml sweetened calcium enriched soya milk
    250ml calcium enriched rice milk

Emma may know more, I heard rumours of pure dairy free slices being included here

starting on the Bs now, but I've an idea, Cobweb, can you PM me?

B choices/ You can choose two items (carefully weighed if necessary)

28g Alpen High Fibre
    28g Jordans muesli natural/nut and Seed Organic with 1 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread
    42g Kellogs All-Bran (I'll investigt that one myself now You've pointed it out)
    28g All bran plus 1 ryvita multigrain
    28g kellogs all bran crunchy oatbakes
    28g bran flakes and 1 ryvita dark rue/original/sesame
    28g bran flakes sultana bran and 1 ryvita multigrain
    28g kelloggs frosted/raisin wheats and 1 ryvita dark rye/ original/sesame
    28g kelloggs fruit n fibre a 1 oat/scan bran
    28g kelloggs special k sustain
    28g kraft grape nuts
    28g Nestle (eek, we don't do nestle though, do we) bitesize shredded wheat
    28g nestle fruitful shredded wheat and 1 ryvita dark rye/original/sesame
    28g nestle shreddies and 1 wholegrain ryvita crackerbread
    28g porrige oats and 1 oat/scan bran
    28g puffed wheat and 1 oat/scan bran
    28g puffed wheat a 1 oat/scan bran
    28g Quaker Oat crisp cereal (any vaariety)
    28g rready brek original 1 ryvita dark rye/original/sesame
    42gwheetabix crunchy bran
    28g weetabix minis (choc ones are good) any variety and 1 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread
    28g weetabix oatibix bites any variety and 1 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread
    28g weetabix oatbix flakes any variety and 1 oat/scan bran
    28g weetabix weetaflakes and 1 ryvita dark rye/original/sesame

can be replaced with own drands

cerreal bars but I don't think any are vegan

more to come but I'm getting a bit uncomfortable doing this, please pm me

enjoy the party

*shuts the frak up*
    parties? they have parties??? what the hell? Weight Watchers never had those!

Feeling guilty about not getting involved( and in deep fear of staying large when you are all getting small ) I looked up SW online . Cant really fit in a 'live' group but online is sooo expensive isnt it? Or am I reading it all wrong?

Slack Alice

okay.

for cobweb..

there is a red day plan (for the dirty omnis)
    a green [/COLOR] day plan (sings a greenday song for own selfs amusement)
    and the extra easy plan which claims to give you **unlimited choice power -ower-ower-ower..<--echo of its magnificance)ah. ive already screwed up the font thing..so forget that.

look at each plan in3 steps

1. choose free/superfree food as your main noms.

2. add 2 'healthy extras'...A and B

(see A as calcium based stuff..eg..cheese, milk, yogurt)
    ( see B as fibre, cereals, breads)

on the easy extra plan (orange) the B choices are things like cereals, breads, dried, cooked, steweed fruit. or weird tinned soups
    on the green the B choices are things like nuts and seeds, cheeses. for us itd be 28grams of some soya based cheese thing would be classed as one healthy B choice.

superfree foods for both the extra easy and green (we can just entirely disregard the red day here, right?) would be pretty much any veg you can think of as long as its cooked with no fat. fresh tinned frozen or pickled in vinegar (yay gherkins!!)
    practically all fruits fresh or frozen are superfree AS LONG AS YOU DONT BLEND OR JUICE THEM..cos weirdly they become 'synful'' then. which is why fruit juice necked down by the pint is a no no. its something to do with the bulk of it being removed and you would consume a lot more than if youd eaten it and the message hd been sent to your brain telling you that youd eaten something and were now full. or something.

free foods are BEANS..chickpeas, flageolet, lentils, adzuki beans..potatoes, red kidney beans..sweetcorn, swet potatoes. rice..pasta..grains..noodles, quinoa, millet..plain tofu and tvp

so just from the bove you have free and superfree like soo much that you can base meals youd already eat using those ingredients??

coffee/tea/diet pop are all free.
    artifical sweetners if thats your bag are free.
    stock powder..cubes..marigold are free.
    marmite..vecon.tabasco.all herbs, spices, vinegars are all free.
    fry light oil spray is free.

ignoring all teh omni choices in my book
    A choices as gattona has started to post above

350ml unsweetened calcium enriched soya milk
    250ml sweetened calcium enriched soya milk
    250ml calcium enriched rice milk
    28 g sheese/cheezly

admittedly that is kind of limited.
    i tweak it cos im a rebel and sometimes have very low fat soya yogurt. naughty.

B choices
    42 g all bran
    28g alpen (WHY. BOTHER)
    28G porridge oats and one ryvita.
    28g special k sustain
    2 weetabix
    6 ryvita crackerbread things
    30g bag of ryvita minis (the chilli one is vegan and kind of nice)
    2 slices wholemeal bread
    1 pitta bread
    1tsp olive oil
    tehn there s a masive list of dried canned..cooked fruits in different weighed out portion sizes. too much to put here but happy to send in a mail
    300g new covent garden plum tomato and basil soup

SYN STUFF
    the book has syn values for loads of everyday stuff, teh vast majority of things in my book can be ruled out cos of non veganicity and also ruled out for ackaged crapness.
    useful things to know are stuff like biscuits? crisps? maybe sweets? though a lot of this stuff isnt vegan.

ask me specifically cobweb ..i can easy go on my Sw website and put in calorie values etc and find out syn values of packaged vegan stuff if you like.

i use my syns on stuff like chilli sauce, sometimes crisps, hot chocolate, syrups in the cafe, vegan sausages
    sometimes ill eat 2 healthy extra Bs and have a packet of ryvita mini chilli things.

its a great eating plan because as vegans it encorporates a vast amount of stuff we would already eat, but encourages you to stop and think about how you construct the meals. amazing meals can be made with no fat aside from the fry light stuff, and the variety once you get your head in teh zone is brill.
    the amount of people in (the) group who say stuff like.."has anyone got any ideas, im fed up of eating pasta in sauce" and i just think 'waaaaaaaah?!'

Quote SlackAlice View Post
    parties? they have parties??? what the hell? Weight Watchers never had those!

Feeling guilty about not getting involved( and in deep fear of staying large when you are all getting small ) I looked up SW online . Cant really fit in a 'live' group but online is sooo expensive isnt it? Or am I reading it all wrong?

Slack Alice
    alice..oh my, its barely classable as a party.

all the people with little self control (ie me and my new friend gill) sat at the back eating 2nds and the people at the front ate a small portion of jelly and chatted politely. no music. there were balloons. balloons in group. the balloons made it a party! (just)

alice..oh my, its barely classable as a party.

all the people with little self control (ie me and my new friend gill) sat at the back eating 2nds and the people at the front ate a small portion of jelly and chatted politely. no music. there were balloons. balloons in group. the balloons made it a party! (just)
    ahh...I know the kind of thing!

The first year I worked at Age Concern I had very high hopes of the Christmas party which everyone was chattering about weeks before. I imagined a disco, balloons, twiglets and maybe a karoke?

What it actually was...a side room at the Council offices with chairs lined up around the walls like a care home, cordial (yes cordial) , Mr Kipling mince pies and a hell of a lot of stilted conversation and swapping of knitting patterns

My friend and I sat on the end giggling like schoolgirls for about half an hour before escaping down the pub.

Slack

cor, balloons! we never had that but the last leader I had was fun and lively. we used to have taster days, someone had some of my left over rice salad for her packed lunch at work. It was kind of gratyfying that she liked it so much ...... but .... I had looked forward to pigging on the left overs myself that night.

REcipe: cooked rice, washed baked beans, chopped up green stuff - spinach/chard/lettuce what have you, pickled walnuts (not really necessary and can be a healthy extra) picled red pepper, gerkins, onions (red onions are very nice) mix it all up and ad more vinegar / herbamare / bouillon powder to taste.

Alice, jpin in when you can - I put on 2 lbs last week cos I tried a red day and then while I was craving carbs I cooked sweet and fatty yummies for the children - not a good idea and then got unwell and still craved porrige with syrup and sugar and more, then got the oh fuck it stage and had crisps as well so I'm pleased it was only 2 lbs

Quote Gattona View Post
    cor, balloons! we never had that but the last leader I had was fun and lively. we used to have taster days, someone had some of my left over rice salad for her packed lunch at work. It was kind of gratyfying that she liked it so much ...... but .... I had looked forward to pigging on the left overs myself that night.

REcipe: cooked rice, washed baked beans, chopped up green stuff - spinach/chard/lettuce what have you, pickled walnuts (not really necessary and can be a healthy extra) picled red pepper, gerkins, onions (red onions are very nice) mix it all up and ad more vinegar / herbamare / bouillon powder to taste.

Alice, jpin in when you can - I put on 2 lbs last week cos I tried a red day and then while I was craving carbs I cooked sweet and fatty yummies for the children - not a good idea and then got unwell and still craved porrige with syrup and sugar and more, then got the oh fuck it stage and had crisps as well so I'm pleased it was only 2 lbs
    Is it as complicated as it sounds?

Weightwatchers was just counting points!

No, its EASY PEAASY. read what Emma wrote and ask questions - remember there is no such thing as a silly question

Quote Gattona View Post
    No, its EASY PEAASY. read what Emma wrote and ask questions - remember there is no such thing as a silly question
    HAHAHAH!!! ^get you, ma'am!

cobweb

arggh, so sorry ladies, was NOT ignoring you earlier, haven't had much computerage time today so only just saw all this, thankyou so much, that's very kind of both of you (Emmap and Gattona).

I'm in the right mindset now I think so will do some thinking and planning, and yes will ask you specifically about various bits n bobs.

Gattona I do plan to join a group soon, just waiting til we've moved in less than 3 weeks, so I will be paying SW in the end, don't worry!

It'll be nice to make a good start though so I do appreciate the help here. Have to do it whilst the feeling is there!.

Emmap you are doing so well, I hope I can do that well myself!

HAHAHAH!!! ^get you, ma'am!
    well yeah. except me of course, I can do some pretty stupid ones

cobweb we are gonna be your diet buddies/diet fuhrers..oh no. can i say that? thats bad.
    cobweb we are gonna be your support, we are gonna be witholding pitta bread and offering radishes. we are gonna be the gee up ladies nurturing your slimming world weight loss journey.
    feel the power! feel the love! dont feel the baguettes, dont feel cake. etc etc.
    sorry its been a strange last hour

the only reason I feel the baguettes or cake is when I pick them up to shove them in my gob

(that's not helpful, is it... I just had an image of someone groping a table of food )
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

cobweb

*panic*

cobweb we are gonna be your diet buddies/diet fuhrers..oh no. can i say that? thats bad.
    cobweb we are gonna be your support, we are gonna be witholding pitta bread and offering radishes. we are gonna be the gee up ladies nurturing your slimming world weight loss journey.
    feel the power! feel the love! dont feel the baguettes, dont feel cake. etc etc.
    sorry its been a strange last hour
    You all right EmmaP?

Quote cobweb View Post
    *panic*
    Do not panic - remember where your towel is

Don't worry, mutual support is the name of the game, its not about giving you a hard time. Good luck with the move.

syn question if you don't mind .... ah no turns into a useful syn post 'cos I looked it up myself. Sorbets are 1.5 syns per 28g and generic non dairy ice cream is 2 syns per 28g. Sad thing is I suspect that 28g isn't very much

Sorry if I'm repeating anything here, but Fry's sausages are free, aren't they? That's what I understood?
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

Quote pusskins View Post
    Sorry if I'm repeating anything here, but Fry's sausages are free, aren't they? That's what I understood?
    Not all of them. The original ones are, they have a little sticker/notice on them saying reduced fat. These ones:

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-..._8___380g.html

i am okay ty gattona, im sort of missing someone dear atm and had a blip of an hour. okay now ty.

yeah frys sausages..you mean the hot dogs? yes theyre free.

oh

*looks at the above post*

erm..pusskins, i eat them as though they were free. i can inpout the calorie/fat/carb thing in the SW snackulator thing on their website and find out for definate if youd prefer?

well. 28g really isnt much for a blob of ice cream..i actually thought it was more? no, noi its 2 syns. but i guess if you can have up to 15 a day with a bit of careful management you could have 3 times that amount? easy.

i bought some beancurd today..ohh it is so good. im currently eating it directly out of the foil packaging. bad bad,

I'd be interested in exact figures for the hot dogs. I got a couple of packets when H&B did the buy one get one half price offer and no one else likes them much. Glad you're over the blip.

Beancurd so yummy from the packet? What sort of beancurd? I got a packet of dairy free fudge today and limited myself to five lumps over the day (hooray, well done me ) hoping that my guess of 3 syns a lump was right. Well, really, I'm hoping it was less of course but 15 syns and then a teeny bit of packet fahita spices can't be too bad. Sahem though as I was looking forward to teh ice cream. Never mind, the freezer drawers are stuck and no one else can open them and no one even knows its there ... evil mummy's laugh

the beancurd is from the oriental supermarket in leeds. i buy it regularly and everytime im in there i think no dont buy it and then i do and i cant resist eating it. it works out something like 5 syns per 30 grams and i just eat like 100g at a time. ive eaten 200grams of it today. but then i think, tomorrow im in work and thats focussed eating taken up until about 7pm and if im focussed ill be dead good for tea and then it wont matter about the beancurd..right?

are you able to post up the fat..carbs..protein values for th hot dogs and i can put the info in the snackulator?

oh dear oh dear..some day one of the kids will wake at 3am and wander downstairs to find mummy gattona gently stroking the freezer door and mumbling gently, slaver dribbling down her chin..

lol, just had a quick mumble and fondle of the freezer drawers as I extracted the hotdogs. here is the info:

per hot dog, energy 117kcal, protein 9.13g, carbohydrate5.32g, fats 6.66g (eek Ms P, these are bad news they might have something to do with the weeks you put on 'for no reason' as for 100g they are14g which makes them a very high fat product, no?) fibre 0.4g, sodium 0.33g

They can go back in the fridge straight away!

Course it won't matter about the beancurd Do flexi syns

oh crap.
    ive eaten about 7 this last week.

the syns calculator tells me per 100g its 12 1/2 syns. so *approximately* each hot dog is like, 6 syns.

quote honestly im mildly pissed off now.
    in the back of my book where the very small and specific vegetarian foods secion is, theres sausages. vegetarian meat free, each = 1 syn. quorn blah blah blah free, vegetarian tofu, 2.5

im gonna take the packaging in on tuesday and have a word with her about it.
    to my mind that section is vague. why dont frys come under vegetarian sausage?
    and i know of other weeks where ive stuffed these things down and lost pounds.
    ill check on tuesday gattona and post after.

cobweb

^ that's what I don't really get about SW - or any other 'plan' really, emmap. If you're eating something and still losing weight then screw 'The Plan' I say!.

even just a no or limited bread, no or limited alcohol and no or limited fats is bound to help significantly. its more an eating plan than diet or common sense..omg does anyone want a 13 yr old she is DOINGMYHEADIN

threaten to take her out jogging - or tell her a mate of yours is coming over with a very handsome 16 year old boy - she will be preening in the mirror for the next 2 hours!
    even perfect isn't perfect - Rubyduby 4th July 08

I'm grinning at the last couple of posts

How was the weigh in Ms P? I lost 1 of my new found pounds and hope to send the others scurrying of to find it very soon. Did you get the figures for the hot dogs? Apparently the book you get given only does an average for all the generic things so if you've not got access to the website you've not got much chance of doing it 100%. I wish they could be more honest about that.

Could you do me a favour and look up Asda chicken style meat free bake? Thank you very much

well.. i lost HALF A POUND this week. yes, incredible.

ive started up one of those sposored slimmy things for twelve weeks thinking it will give me some oomph to maintain whatever dwindling motivation i have. im aiming for another 2 stones by the end of may..which is about 12 weeks..isnt it? so thats 28 lbs. umm...

i called in to see a friend who runs a shop in our town (the local wholefood store) and she thrust upon me 8 packets of beanie burgers. i managed to give a few packets away, but ive been eating them 2 a day. oh ffs i only got them yesterday. i also dusted off my tae bo dvd.. *cackles wildly* i used to do this loads and it really helped tone me up.

i took in the hot dog packaging as well as vegi deli herby sausages and two nice ladies looked them up and declared the vegi deli ones at 2 1"/ syns each and as the frys ones have less fat in them it was announced by a clever person that i shouldnt stop eating them. i knind of feel like ive given up everything else.

someone gave me a pep talk and sort of indicated that my crappy weight loss this week may be because im not properly using syns. tbh i think they can make it up as they go along.

hrrm. asda chicken style meat free bake isnt in their database. its an actual meal thing?

woooo, half a pound eh? Not bad. Yeh, so you have THE PLAN which we as mere fat (sorry in your case no longer fat) punters are not allowed to tweak but the things different consultants say. I've been told that to have two of the same healthy extra in one day is B A A D .. akershally I believe that if you don't have enough syns it doesn't work. The Asda thingy is great. Like a different sosmix with different flavouring. I fry it with different herb/spice combinations for the family and wondered if I could have it too. Well, of course I can have it, but it would be good to know its syn quota. Thanks for looking anyway

ill ask someone at (the) group. they have **the directory** and ways of finding stuff out.
    OHH!! its just occured to me what you mean by the chicken meat free bake!!

like the granose meat free burger mix thing

Well done, emmapresley! "The only way is DOWN! Bay-beeeee!" (apologies to Yazz) So the hotdog Fry's sossies are free, then? Or just a very low syn food? Not 6 syns as previously thunk?

I put on 0.1kg this week, but that's because my Lady Party Time of the month is due, and I always gain a wee bit. Not to worry! I'll be down next week

I'm thinking of getting a pedometer to see how many steps I do - that would keep my mind on track for moving about in the day, as my job has become more sedentary recently.

pedometer sounds good pusskins. i use mine sometimes, always forget though. average working day is about 10, 000 steps..am on my feet a lot.
    ive noticed that at (my) group, there is no mention of this **body magic** thing. im gonna bring it up cos really its not mentioned or encouraged. im a lazy sod with no motivation to exercise

i think the frys are lower syn. possibly.

I've just had a look at the Body Magic thing online. It looks really good! That's surprising it's not been mentioned at your group. It would be fun and interesting! "Oh, hey... I've walked to Peru and back!"...in a way

leedsveg

Quote pusskins View Post
    I put on 0.1kg this week...
    I always remove all clothing + my watch before getting weighed. If my weight is "bad news", I blow my nose, go to the loo (again), have a shave, then trim my nails and get reweighed. If it's still bad news, I just can't help shedding tears. And then I get weighed again...

Actually MrsLeedsveg is down 10lbs since the beginning of January and I'm down 9 lbs but it's all down to eating better but less, and going on the treadmill (nearly) every day.

lv