Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Vegfest UK: Saturday May 28th & Sunday May 29th 2011

Default Bristol Vegfest UK: Saturday May 28th & Sunday May 29th 2011

Bristol Vegfest UK: Saturday May 28th & Sunday May 29th 2011

Major Vegan festival – once again a two day spectacular centre.

Admittance will be free at this event!

From 6pm it becomes a pay festival – prices to be confirmed.

Vegfest – the new name in the promotion of veganism.

Further details in due course.
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

Default Re: Bristol Vegfest UK: Saturday May 28th & Sunday May 29th 2011

Press release:

VegfestUK – first dates confirmed for 2011

The dates for what could well be the biggest vegetarian events in Europe in 2011 have been announced – with VegfestUK dates for Brighton on March 19th 2011 and Bristol on May 27th, 28th and 29th 2011

VegfestUK events are free to the public and large numbers are expected to attend both shows and sample the delights from over 100 stallholders rammed full of food, bodycare, fashion, accessories, merchandise and information – all of it vegan.

And with a full line up of talks, demos and entertainment, both VegfestUK Brighton and VegfestUK Bristol look certain to be runaway successes.

‘Brighton and Bristol are full of people who are veggie, vegan or veggie friendly’ explains Tim Barford, the man behind VegfestUK, ‘and with these events not only being full of so much interesting produce and info, but also free to the public, they look like attracting capacity crowds. And of course you don’t have to be vegan or even veggie to enjoy the day, anyone with even the mildest interest in gourmet quality food and some outstanding bodycare and fashion items is going to be in paradise. The fact that it is all 100% plant based makes it all the more appealing to a growing number of people.’

Tim has organised a dozen vegan events over the last decade including the huge 2008 Bristol Vegan Fayre which saw over 12,000 people gathered for an orgy of all things vegan for the weekend in central Bristol, but he thinks his brand new VegfestUK events are going to be the best yet. ’Organising successful events year in year out is a big ask, to say the least’ Tim says, ‘but the key to it is to keep listening to the public, your stallholders, friends and critics, and keep improving the quality. Our big change this time is that VegfestUK is a free event to the public, as well as offering cheaper stall options, whilst improving the level of entertainment yet again. VegfestUK looks a cut above any of our previous shows, and a definite step up once more.’

So if you think that veggie food and the lifestyle and people that go with it are bit tired and dull – think again, and experience the best of the veggie lifestyle in all its splendour, with a myriad of explosive flavours, textures and creations to try in a relaxed, bustling, lively and enjoyable surroundings – see more details and information on the event websites at www.vegfest.co.uk

Contact the VegfestUK office by email info@vegfest.co.uk or by phone on 0117 3079872

Hi Frank - is this another new name for the Vegan Fayre?

Hi KayJay.

Yes it is.

You going to reserve the dates in your diary?

I think the free daytime entry is a great idea. Many of us were unhappy subsidising the evening music festival through entry fees. I look forward to a return to the free-for-all vegan fayre we enjoyed for many years.
    How good it is to be well-fed, healthy, and kind all at the same time. Henry J. Heimlich

cobweb

yay what great news, I will definitely go to the Brighton one and possibly the Bristol one too, thanks for giving the dates so early Frank.

Will definitely be there for the Bristol date - thanks for providing the info Frank

Great will put it in my diary and will keep an eye out for those bargin hotel deals too! Misses my Dad's birthday this year by a day so I might be able to go for 2 days this year

Good idea for it to be free in the day - means more non vegans might attend too.

Really looking forward to this and the London festival should be back too next year

cobweb

^ and more non-vegans, too!

Bristol site now live.

For further up to date info on the Festival - please go to:

http://www.bristol.vegfest.co.uk/

can i bumpyup this for a bit or something.

i know its a ways off just thought it may be good to get it on the refreshy page place to entice new people to have a looksie.

also frank, when you pile in again, where are good places to stay? maybe i ought to look at old years bvf threads..are they still about? *talks to self via fingerwork*

umm..
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

And another bump.

You love my lady bumps.

My bumps, my bumps my bumps my bumps.

It's my b-day that weekend, everybody has to come! Those further afield better start saving, global vegan & vf gathering
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

I shall be there just not sure which day/days yet - doubt Il head down til Sat as working til 5pm Fri and it's such a rush to get there - think I arrived 8pm before?

I have not had my usual luck with finding a hotel at a good price, the days of £9 travelodge rooms and £29 premier inns are gone me thinks.

I shall prob stay the Sat night head home Sun pm and will prob book the Premier Inn at £68 unless Ibis have a sudden sale - same price so far.

I know a lot of people book the Ibis as it is so close by, others stay in the youth hostel or the backpackers hostel. I've also seen a b&b that seems good and is £35-£40 for a room and they have fridges and access to a full kitchen, but is a 15 min walk away.

My open return is about £36 but it's worth looking from a few weeks time as there will be good deals on with train tickets.

Really looking forward to Bristol - if I find a good deal I could do Fri/Sat night stay - fingers crossed for an Ibis sale very soon!

So looking forward to seeing all my vegan friends and celebrating Gwydions Birthday - was it last year you got free cake for wearing your It's my birthday badge?

..check it out...

all i ever can think about fergie is that she weed herself on stage.

i did have a look on ibis page thingy and was dismayed to see the 68 quidness of the rooms fro that weekend. alisont, its likely that they MAY have a sale? its a case of just keeping an eye out?
    if i book for that price and then theres a sale price knockdown ill be all wraargh.

ill be coming down on the saturday and heading back sunday..will have my lovely not so little mouse with me too. will proabably book ibis anyway seeing as its right next door, meaning a lovely lie in, laze about and not far to fall into bed at the end of the day. omg i love bed.

birthday pint/pie/wrap/cake on me gwydion (i expect youll chose pint, right? RIGHT!)

it would be really cool if some of the newer forum members would be able to make it too

It is 68 quid a room. So 10 of us can share and pile up on top of each other.. Thats 6.80 per head. I stayed at IBIS last year.

I'll be coming on Sat and leaving on Sunday, mostly likely on the same trains in and out with Emma. Would be good to meet new forum members.
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

Don't forget guys that there is a benefit gig on the Friday for the festival.

So if you can get down on the Friday - there is now a good reason to do so!

Will let you know about any good hotel prices as I find them.

The back packer place just over the bridge from the festival is quite popular and would suit 2-4 people.

Gwydion has stayed there before so might update the thread on its pricing.

Will most likely be there for the Saturday as usual.

Woooooooo-TAII

i checked out ibis and its 71 quid for just the sat night with no breakfast noms so sod them ive booked me and the mini in a family room at the YHA.

anna is currently chirruping on about the falafel wraps and getting terribly excited

cobweb

I think I might try driving there and back the same day.

entirely feasible suggestion cobweb. weve done a bvf day trip the other year. would be lovely to meet you if you can make it

cobweb

will you be there on the Sunday emmap, or heading home that morning?
    (I suspect I'll only make the Sunday part but would really love to meet you)

well be there until about 5 half 5 on sunday afternoon

Ah Emma P just messaged you on FB - to say Travelodge sale on Thu 6am - I will be online to see if there are cheapo rooms but bet they do Fri and Sun cheap and Sat for £70 odd.

If I can get a good deal I'm looking at coming down lunchtime Sat and staying Sat and Sun head home Mon am.

I can't really afford 2 nights at Ibis/Premier inn with their silly prices so would look at the Base or another hotel/B&B - can't see me wanting to race from Work Fri really as did not arrive til 8pm last year and was so tired, maybe if really good deal I'd consider it but doubtful,

Looking forward to seeing Emma P and everyone and hope we can meet up Cobweb?

cobweb

Quote alisont View Post
    hope we can meet up Cobweb?
    Definitely up for that, and also glad to hear you'll be there on the Sunday too Ms P.

Quote cobweb View Post
    Definitely up for that, and also glad to hear you'll be there on the Sunday too Ms P.
    Be great to met up - I really need to book a room soon will wait to check the Travelodge sale Thursday and will book a b&b if needed.

Have made a provisional booking with a hotel/b&b in Bristol got to ring tomorrow to pay over the phone.

Good deal as with staying Sat night I get Sun half price, various options on price single was £35 I've gone for sole occupancy of a double ensuite at £45 - so total for both nights £67.50. It's room only but you have access to a full kitchen and get fridges in your room too. Parking was offered at £5 a night.

It's only a mile or less to the festival - lady I spoke to said she walks to the floating harbour in ten mins.

So will pay tomorrow and then just need to sort train tickets - the Sat ones are up now Mon should be up tomorrow - fingers crossed for no major rail works as Bank Holiday on the Mon! It seems singles from my village to Bristol are £12.20 or basic off peak return £30. Unless I can get the real cheapo ones at £8.50 I might get a normal return as can pick any train then.

Wonders who the bands will be this year and how much evening tickets will be, I like the idea of chilling in the eve with a few beers

Having usually stayed only 1 night before It's nice to stay 2 this year - if half term was the week before I might of stayed the Fri too made a long weekend of it but not fancying rushing down after work - was half asleep in the pub last year on the Fri!

Quote alisont View Post
    Unless I can get the real cheapo ones at £8.50 I might get a normal return as can pick any train then.
    What are these cheapo tickets you're referring to? A return for us is £30 (each) as well, doing both journeys on the same day, could use it being a bit less.

get singles. it often works out loads cheaper. and breaking your journey down helps sometimes

Tried that, doesn't help.

ok. was just a suggestion

Quote emmapresley View Post
    ok. was just a suggestion
    Sorry if that sounded ungrateful EP.

Yes it is the single ticket option - I check trainline and Virgin trains - never find great deals to Bristol compared to London but this year noticed they seem to be offering me to Bristol via Birmingham for £8.50 or £12.50 singles, return is about £30 - if I can get the £8.50 its great, otherwise I'll go for the return as more flexi, I also check from Birmingham as that can be cheaper - but not always when you add the cost of tickets to Brum on.

One year I managed to get 2 £5 discount codes for Great Western on the longer via Worcester route and somehow got a return for £4! Cost me about £8 for return to Worcester. Also got the Travelodge for £9 never done the trip so cheap since!

Someone said it's worth checking the cross country trains website but think they are all about the same.

Wish there were the same deals as London from me as have had £8 first class singles and £3 normal tickets before!

Train fares can be so expensive.

Quote Risker View Post
    Sorry if that sounded ungrateful EP.
    its ok. i dont think it did. my mood is weird atm

Booked and paid for my hotel today, still rooms left there if anyone else is interested?

kiran was interested i think. or needs somewhere to stay

sorry..that was blunt asking you how much. i deleted it so now this sentence doesnt make much sense.

Happy to share prices!

I have paid £67.50 for 2 nights - Sat £45 soul use of en suite double, £22.50 Sun. They start on singles prices at £35 a night.

http://www.hotel24seven.com/

Also these veggie/vegan hotels:

http://www.thebase.vg/

Breakfast there sounds fab but I wanted to be within walking distance.

http://www.arches-hotel.co.uk/index.html

Music headliners announced:

BRISTOL VEGFESTUK HEADLINERS:

FRIDAY:
    Ms Dynamite
    Goldie Lookin' Chain

SATURDAY:
    The Selector
    The Destroyers

SUNDAY:
    Aswad
    Black Roots

TICKETS ON SALE FROM WEDNESDAY... £10 or £25 for all 3 days!

I'll get a Sat ticket, then see about Sun I think?

Okay everyone - this is getting close now - so time to bump the thread...

cobweb

Can't make it to this one either now.

You're not having much luck this year Cobweb.

cobweb

I know Frank, it's annoying, I thought I'd get to all these once back in England. I'll keep trying though!.

Oh no! Really?? I was practising my hugging skills especially for you woman.

Myself Kiran and the mouse will be heading down on the *gasp!* 6.29am train.
    Are we to have a stone steps meeting point kind of thing again or just the amble-around-and-leave it-to-chance thing?

cobweb

^ and I for you, emmap!
    It's just difficult as I have to be here all day Saturday. I wanted to train it on the Sunday but the train times would mean me getting to Bristol at 1.30pm, it seems a bit late to me........

Quote cobweb View Post
    ^ and I for you, emmap!
    It's just difficult as I have to be here all day Saturday. I wanted to train it on the Sunday but the train times would mean me getting to Bristol at 1.30pm, it seems a bit late to me........
    That's about the perfect time I'd say.

cobweb

Quote Risker View Post
    That's about the perfect time I'd say.
    really?
    by the time I got to the venue it'd be 2ish I think, then I'd have to leave at 5, do you think that'd be worth the journey over?
    I might reconsider if so then - but would I be able to get a ticket as they're not for sale online anymore are they????

Yeah, well depends how much it costs you to get there but 3 hours is plenty of time to look at everything and meet up with a few people.

Entry is free :P stop looking for excuses :P

cobweb

Quote Risker View Post
    Yeah, well depends how much it costs you to get there but 3 hours is plenty of time to look at everything and meet up with a few people.

Entry is free :P stop looking for excuses :P

he-he, I didn't realise that entry is free! - it didn't used to be, did it? (is it written at the top of this thread??? - I'm quite senile these days!)
    Wasn't really thinking of the price of travelling, just the time really, more than 5 hours total trip for 3 hours there, but yep, I need to stop making excuses I suppose, get off my arse and get over there lol. Thanks .

cobweb

oh %^&* it IS written at the top of the thread!