Thread: Spiders Nest! Help

Default Spiders Nest! Help

I have a spider that has made a nest full of eggs in my bathroom. Anyone know if there is a way to move it without damaging them?

Not real name!

Default Re: Spiders Nest! Help

Quote Simon View Post
    I have a spider that has made a nest full of eggs in my bathroom. Anyone know if there is a way to move it without damaging them?
    There is no safe way! Kill it with fire. Then burn your house down and bulldoze the remains. It's the only way. Spiders are proper crafty.

awww thats really cute!! is there a problem with leaving the nest? I mean its the whole next generation after all and its not like its in your bedroom or anything? lol Glen Lambert you made me laugh!!

Quote Glen Lambert View Post
    There is no safe way! Kill it with fire. Then burn your house down and bulldoze the remains. It's the only way. Spiders are proper crafty.
    Lol!

No, sorry Simon, I have never heard of a way of removing a spiders nest without causing damage.

The only thing I can think of is to leave untill the little spiders have hatched. If I remember correctly spiders are immediately independent of the mother upon hatching so it should be safe enough to move the hatchlings to somewhere where they can dissipitate themselves naturaly.
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Hi Simon, I started a thread a few years ago when I had a spider's nest in my house. I just left it alone and when the cute tiny little babies arrived they scampered about the ceiling for a while and then disappeared..........they either went outside or are living happily to this day in the rafters of the house, or at least their offspring are!
    Baby spiders are SO cute............I love their teeny weenyness!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

The very thought of it is sending a shiver down my spine....I am terrified of spiders! There is no way I could sleep in the same house as a spiders' nest.
    "Only after the last tree has been cut down,the last fish caught [and] the last river poisoned;only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten"

I have an irrational fear of spiders too Holly...............it's silly really as I'm only scared of the big ones and not the tiny, cute ones. Then again the spiders probably aren't too fond of big giant me looming towards them!

I like spiders of all sizes and would be happy to rehome any unwanted ones but I suspect the ones in Simon's bathroom would prefer to stay there if poss. As Sandra says they will redeploy themselves without causing any problems when they hatch out.

Quote sandra View Post
    I have an irrational fear of spiders too Holly...............it's silly really as I'm only scared of the big ones and not the tiny, cute ones. Then again the spiders probably aren't too fond of big giant me looming towards them!
    It's fine to say irrational fear, Sandra. But there are some vegans who are genuinely arachnophobic. I'm one of those. Not that I would want them harm, but I don't know what I would do in such a situation. *shivers*
    "The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites or women for men." ~Alice Walker.

leedsveg

Quote maggielassie View Post
    It's fine to say irrational fear, Sandra. But there are some vegans who are genuinely arachnophobic. I'm one of those. Not that I would want them harm, but I don't know what I would do in such a situation. *shivers*
    Include me with the arachnophobes Maggie. I'm ok with small ones and probably ok with the big, slow ones. It's the medium size ones that quickly run towards me, perhaps wanting to run up my trouser leg*, that I don't like.

leedsveg

* Allegedly

I'm not scared of spiders at all, but did have a bit of a bad encounter with one doing the trouserleg trick you mentioned LV,
    i felt something up the leg of my pjs and thought it was an itch, i itched my leg and felt a painful prick - itched harder thinking "what on earth is wrong with my leg?!" and a big dead spider fell out! I'd squashed him and he'd bit me, I felt so awful I cried. Badtimes!

Kimberlily1983

I've got a spider's nest in the lace curtain on our side door. I've just left it alone. The momma was guarding it for a little while, but haven't seen her in ages now. I think the nest is still there. I'm not terribly worried about it.

Hi Maggielassie....................but a phobia IS an irrational fear by definition.
    According to the American Psychiatric Association, a phobia is an irrational and excessive fear of an object or situation.

Okay, then, I get it, Sandra.

(Btw, anyone can call me Maggie, if they wanna make it shorter/more convenient; saying that for future posts)
    "The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites or women for men." ~Alice Walker.

leedsveg

Quote VeganBride View Post
    I'm not scared of spiders at all, but did have a bit of a bad encounter with one doing the trouserleg trick you mentioned LV,
    i felt something up the leg of my pjs and thought it was an itch, i itched my leg and felt a painful prick - itched harder thinking "what on earth is wrong with my leg?!" and a big dead spider fell out! I'd squashed him and he'd bit me, I felt so awful I cried. Badtimes!
    Exactly the same thing happened to me about 5 years ago when I was sat on the settee making a phone call to Mum. I think the distraction of the phone call got me through the situation but I could have done without it all. No painful prick for me but who knows what might have happened if the bugger had got beyond my knee? Ahem..

lv

Okay, then, I get it, Sandra.

(Btw, anyone can call me Maggie, if they wanna make it shorter/more convenient; saying that for future posts)
    Will do Maggie!

P.S. I love the name 'Maggie' and also the song by Rod Stewart.

(Sorry, I'm going off topic! )

Thanks everyone. Sounds like it shouldn't be a problem to leave the nest there.

I'll let you know if my house gets overrun by giant spiders!

Quote sandra View Post
    I love the name 'Maggie' and also the song by Rod Stewart.

(Sorry, I'm going off topic! )

Rocket Queen

Leave it, they don't do any harm
    The greatest mistake is to do nothing because you can only do a little.