Thread: Bernard Mathews dies

Default Bernard Mathews dies

I feel a little bit ashamed about my reaction to this news, which was to smile. Obviously, it is never good news when someone dies. "Bernard Mathews repents, goes vegan and opens a turkey sanctuary", now that would be cause to smile! But considering the grotesque life he led and the countless birds that led short, horrible lives before being brutally murdered, all so that he could make a bigger profit, I felt it difficult to be greatly saddened by his passing. Here's hoping that his disgusting business dies with him, and/or that whoever succeeds him has a grain of compassion in them somewhere.
    Live and let live

Not real name!

Default Re: Bernard Mathews dies

I suspect fowl play.

He was the perpetrator and coordinator of mass genocide that has systematically abused and murdered hundreds of millions of innocent animals and will continue to do so as part of his legacy.

I have no sympathy, I only wish he'd died 60 years earlier.

Died on thanksgiving! HAH! "Irony"

Yeah I have no sympathy either.

I have no sympathy either, BUT!

The supply end of the chain is NOT what drives the suffering of animals. The end of the chain that drives the suffering is the end that makes the demand.

For most us the end of the chain that makes the demand includes our mums our dads, and for a lot of us here, the people with whom we happily share our beds.

Our omni mums our omni dads and our omni SO's will continue clucking and braying for dead turkey flesh and will continue to reward whoever wants to be the next Turkey-torturing millionaire with their hard earned cash.

The exact number of turkey lives spared by the death of Bernard Matthews is the exact number that the fat b'stard would have eaten himself.

That happens to be the exact exact same number of turkey lives that would be spared by, say, the death of my own dear old mum and dad.

For the simple reason that I won't be celebrating turkey lives saved when my own mum and dad pop their clogs I'm also not celebrating fat Bernards demise.

Apart from that all I have to say is that may he experience the joys of being a self-baster in whichever eternal hell he roasts.
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Cupid Stunt, I see what you're saying and agree with most of it. But he almost promoted, advertised and encouraged the eating of turkey, as well as using very intensive farming methods in order to cut costs, increase his profits and lower the purchase price so that a greater number of people could afford to eat turkey. Supply and demand are linked, and he didn't just supply the market for dead turkeys, he also helped boost the market and increase demand, not least by making production more cruel. Wicked, wicked man.
    Live and let live

Quote Glen Lambert View Post
    I suspect fowl play.
    This was REALLY bad! Lol!

All those in favour of taking Glen outside and beating him soundly with sticks say .. "AYE!"

Quote rainbow View Post
    Cupid Stunt, I see what you're saying and agree with most of it. But he almost (also, you mean?) promoted, advertised and encouraged the eating of turkey, as well as using very intensive farming methods in order to cut costs, increase his profits and lower the purchase price so that a greater number of people could afford to eat turkey. Supply and demand are linked, and he didn't just supply the market for dead turkeys, he also helped boost the market and increase demand, not least by making production more cruel. Wicked, wicked man.
    Don't get me wrong Rainbow if he serves a reincarnation as a turkey for every turkey life that ended by his hand then let him be the last turkey left in the shop every single time, say I.

Bit that can't be altered is this though: Maximising sales, reducing costs, increasing profits are all necessary strategies for survival at the supply end of any chain.

Remove the demand and the supply chain, and any inherent 'evils' in it, simply cannot exist.

Seems he went cold turkey.

yes, he purpetrated a cruel industry it's true - but i guess he was also someones father, brother, husband etc. these people will be very sad and it's horrible feeling grief like that.

i expect to see the brand roll on and on though

leedsveg

Quote cedarblue View Post
    yes, he purpetrated a cruel industry it's true - but i guess he was also someones father, brother, husband etc. these people will be very sad and it's horrible feeling grief like that.

i expect to see the brand roll on and on though
    Very true cedarblue.

leedsveg

Just over four years ago I had the misfortune of delivering to his main factory. Although I wasnt vegan at the time what I witnessed still haunts me to this day....... I'll pass on any further comment.

Quote bryzee86 View Post
    Seems he went cold turkey.
    Oh dear ... Lol!

Aye!!

Bernard Matthews will not be missed. I hope he's shown the results of his actions on the "other side". Or comes back as one of his own turkeys!
    Silent but deadly :p

leedsveg

Quote Hemlock View Post
    Bernard Matthews will not be missed. I hope he's shown the results of his actions on the "other side". Or comes back as one of his own turkeys!
    Don't get too hopeful Hemlock. Even if there is a heaven (and I don't believe there is), God might not be all that bothered how people have (mis)treated animals. After all, His son seemed to see nothing wrong in killing and eating fish. Also, he put a curse on some pigs and sent them hurtling over a cliff (the Gadarene Swine).

leedsveg

Reincarnation as a turkey would be 'bootiful' for him.

Not real name!

His cremation has been delayed due to a dispute as to whether the giblets should be left in or taken out.

leedsveg

Quote Johnstuff View Post
    Reincarnation as a turkey would be 'bootiful' for him.
    If he comes back as anything and I don't believe he will, I'd want him to come back as a passionate vegan who persuades loads of turkey chomping omnis to go vegan.

lv