Thread: Vegan diet = relief from fibromyalgia?

Default Vegan diet = relief from fibromyalgia?

For those of you who don't know what Fibromyalgia is like. Here's a definition:

Fibromyalgia is a common condition characterized by long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, morning stiffness, sleep problems, headaches, numbness in hands and feet, depression, and anxiety.

I can honestly tell you that I've had almost every one of the above listed symptoms for the past 7 years and only got a diagnosis last year.

Here's the kicker...I haven't felt the majority of them since I became a vegan. I can't help but wonder if there is a link between a typical, crappy omni diet and this condition!

Default Re: Vegan diet = relief from fibromyalgia?

You should read The China Study. There's a lot of things in an omnivores diet that they think causes problems. My moms actually got several health problems that I think a vegan diet would help with, but she refuses to hear me out... Essentially the idea that there's no way one of her kids know better than she does

Default Re: Vegan diet = relief from fibromyalgia?

That's really interesting TXvegan, I'm so pleased that has worked for you! I know I have definitely felt better since going vegan, I have more energy and feel generally healthier and I've noticed that in the rare cases there is nothing to eat but dairy (I'm very ashamed, I'm a bad vegan) I've felt awful after, and usually very moody.