Thread: Sore foot

Unhappy Sore foot

I noticed yesterday that my right foot was a little sore. I just took it easy later in the day to let it fix itself. Today I got up and it was still sore, so I went on my hike and just ignored the pain. It went away after 20 minutes or so of walking, but when I got home it came back immediately. I walked down the stairs and almost fell when I put my weight on my right foot. I don't notice it so much when walking around the apartment, but this will be going into the third day of my foot being messed up

I'm really hoping to keep up with my hiking, but don't want to further injure myself. Any ideas at what it could be? It's on the right side about in the middle of my foot. Just want to be back up and moving as soon as possible

Default Re: Sore foot

Hi Back-Space, I don't think there is anyone medically qualified here to give you advice. I would just advise you to see your doctor to find out the cause of your pain. Have you done anything lately to injure your foot in any way?

I hope things improve for you very soon.
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

I've been doing a lot of walking. Still hurts today I'm not exactly sure how Alberta healthcare works, so I'm not wanting to spend any money

Oops............I forgot about that!

Thank God for the good old National Health Service..............even with all it's faults!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

are you stretching before you walk? when I first started working out my ankle was bothering me. I talked to my doc and she advised that i need to stretch for at least 10 min before I do any major walking, running or jogging. It makes all the difference.

Wasn't doing that either I'm thinking once it heals up I'm going to have to go to the city and buy myself a real pair of shoes aswell. I've had the same pair for the last year and they're not the best for walking in.

cobweb

Don't take chances with your feet, do plenty of good stretches before and after walking, and when you get up in the mornings (google for exercises). And DEFINITELY buy some decent trainers or shoes/boots for walking and hiking. I didn't look after my feet, walked miles regularly for many years, now I have Plantar Fasciitis and a tendon problem (one problem in each foot!), with the beginnings of Osteoarthritis. Soak your feet in very warm water, massage them, and rest up til the pain goes.

It's been feeling a bit better. I can still feel it, but it's not exactly pain. I've just been walking short distances every day and driving to town when I need something.

I'm NO doctor, but it sounds like a pain I feel every now and then, and I can tell you my problem is my lack of high arch support. My arches are somewhat high, and as I wear flat shoes most of the time, even ones with cushy, comfortable insoles still hurt my feet. I would suggest trying some high arch support inserts, and see if that makes a difference!

Thanks I've got really crappy shoes right now, so I have no doubt that they're part of the problem Just need to get a job, I'm just barely going to make it through this month with the money I've got in my bank, so I don't want to start charging everything to my visa.