Thread: London ON Canada - Vegans come out wherever you are ! :)

Default London ON Canada - Vegans come out wherever you are ! :)

First off I'm new to the forum so ....Hi ! I'm Kathy. I made this thread because I have yet to meet any other vegans in London.. although one apparently works at the hospital here with my dad lol. I do know a few vegetarians though. It would be nice to meet another vegan. Also any vegan guys around? They're a rarity lol.

leedsveg

Default Re: London ON Canada - Vegans come out wherever you are ! :)

Thousands of miles away from you Kathy and happily married but welcome to Vegan Forum.

Hope you find vegan guys and gals where you are.

Leedsveg

Thx

Lol Should have joined the forums a few months ago. I just moved to Banff from London. Welcome to the forums by the way

Thank you. Banff was most def an upgrade haha.. hope youre enjoying yourself over there !

Quote kathy903 View Post
    Thank you. Banff was most def an upgrade haha.. hope youre enjoying yourself over there !
    I'm loving it Heard you guys have got quite a bit of snow. My dad worked only a couple of days last week. We've had weather down to -42, but there's a foot of snow at best

If you're new to being vegan there's a great vegan bakery near York street. They've got some amazing chocolate banana bread, and great cookies I spent probably $100 in there...

Yes the snow has been crazy.. up to my waist almost.. I'm 5'2 haha .. sucked for sure for exams being cancelled. Whats the bakery's name? I've heard of a restaurant called veg-out I'll have to try both now lol. I've been vegan for about 2 months now.. was vegetarian for a year before.

Lol I heard they were airlifting people off of the 403. Figured as much... The year I chose to leave and we get more snow than we've ever had. I love the stuff. The vegan bakery is called Organic Works. I saw them advertising on Kijiji a while ago so I thought I'd go try them out. It's on 278 Talbot Street in kind of a run down looking area. I wish I had one in my town They did some ginger and orange cookies a while ago that were amazing. I went back to buy some for my trip but I guess they change what they make every couple of weeks. It's definitely worth checking out though.

Haha oh yeah they were. One guy got out of his car to walk for help and froze to death scary. They were telling people to turn on their cars once every hour for 10mins to kick on the heat. Idk why he left. Sad shit.
    Nice I will def have to check it out.. btw how was their pricing? Orange ginger cookies sound good haha

Quote kathy903 View Post
    Haha oh yeah they were. One guy got out of his car to walk for help and froze to death scary. They were telling people to turn on their cars once every hour for 10mins to kick on the heat. Idk why he left. Sad shit.
    Nice I will def have to check it out.. btw how was their pricing? Orange ginger cookies sound good haha
    Wow, I didn't hear about that. I ran into bad weather when I was moving and had to get off of the road for a few hours... Honda wasn't going to make it through the snow. The prices were a little on the expensive side. I think a bag of cookies and some banana bread came to like $12, but it's worth it if you're looking for something loaded with sugar Takes the edge off.

I had a feeling it would be expensive haha. As a treat sometime I'll go. Right now my spending money is focused on new years eve booze etc haha. Student budget what can I say !

Quote kathy903 View Post
    I had a feeling it would be expensive haha. As a treat sometime I'll go. Right now my spending money is focused on new years eve booze etc haha. Student budget what can I say !
    Lol. My sisters are attending Fanshawe right now. I used to buy them some of their groceries because I was out making money, and they're trying to study, living off of junk food. It was funny going to their place Almost everything in their fridge was no-name brand. Except for the kraft dinner I guess... Boxes and boxes of it. I've been trying to talk the one into going vegetarian. She tried it a year ago and got sick, so she wrote it off

What are you studying anyway?

Thats nice of you to buy that for them. Weird she got sick.. was it coincidence or maybe lack of integrating other proteins in her diet?
    I'm studying dental assisting.
    Did you go to college there?

I'm thinking it was a lack of nutrients. She didn't do a lot of research on the subject To make it worse, my mom was telling her that it was an unhealthy way to live.... So when she got sick, it backs the idea up. So my parents aren't a big fan of my diet Dental assisting huh? Do they offer that at Fanshawe or are you over at Western? You'll be laughing when you're done. Lots of money in dentistry I went to Fanshawe several times, myself. Was working towards getting my machinists ticket, then I changed my mind and decided I didn't want to do that. Then I got into culinary arts I liked that and held a job for a while, then decided I didn't want to do that either. I like moving around job to job. I don't like the idea of being stuck at the same place year after year.

Sensorium88

Hola! I am not from London but go there frequently(I'm going not this weekend, but next). I am about 2 hours away btw. I went to "Zen Garden", an all vegetarian restaurant. Sooooo good. Then last time I was there, we went to hit up "Veg Out" but they were just closing. She gave me free cookies though!

I just posted in the older london topic, but I'll post here too! I am vegan and my boyfriend is pescetarian(he eats seafood but nothing else animal derived). I'd love to meet other vegans around my age(23).

Hi guys,

I just posted a thread about a circus coming next June to London. I would need some help putting up some posters for PETA, etc.

This is the link: http://www.veganforum.com/forums/sho...323#post707323

Hope you are interested because I am alone in this!

Thanks!