Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Appetite for Reduction

Default Re: Appetite for Reduction

ya me too, thats why I made it. lol my omni sister liked it though...I don't know...I'm also not a big fan of nutritional yeast cheese sauce.... so that may be why...
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

Quote fondducoeur View Post
    Your blog is really awesome, fooldramaqueen. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Did you use faux chicken broth powder for the tempeh helper? If so, what kind? I have only seen chickenless broth in jars in a kind of paste/gel form.
    Oooh, sorry, it's not my blog, just one that I found I've never made the tempeh helper yet....and I don't think I've ever seen faux chicken broth here in Eng-er-land but I would probably just use veggie stock
    "I am not mystical: it isn’t as if I thought it had a spirit. It is simply in its element. That gives it a kingliness, a right." [Sylvia Plath]

Just read about this book yesterday- I must get it! Let me ask, are there pictures included? I hate cookbooks without pictures

There are some in the middle (maybe 10-15) but not very many

i think veganomicon is better, honestly....and I really want to get the cook book you have firestorm, the hearty one? for big appetites? lol won't help with trying to lose weight but boy it looks gooooood.

^^^It is very very good!!!

I think Veganomicon is better too, but she really does trim down the fat in AFR. Most of my favorite recipes in vcon are not exactly healthy or light fare
    I just made the Goddess Nicoise salad for lunch and it was delicious, especially the green goddess garlic dressing. It's a hearty salad with steamed potatoes and green beans, with a scoop of chickpea pate on top. I will definitely be making this again.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

I actually haven't made anything too unhealthy in veganomicon.... But there are some naughty ones....

I made the Surefire Seitan on Friday (using a small amount of the 6 kilos of wheat gluten flour I ordered online ). The recipe doesn't seem to have instructions on what shape to make the pieces into before immersing them in the broth, so I just made sort of ovaloids, and they came out looking a bit like brains!

I also found it a bit annoying that there were no instructions on how to store the stuff if it's not going to be used immediately (e.g. in some of the cooking broth, plastic wrapped?) so I've just got it in a covered dish in the fridge. Seems to be holding up okay so far, had some in a nice stir fry tonight, it's a little on the salty side though, maybe that's to do with the bouillon I used.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

I made the tempeh- bean balls this morning..so good and hearty!

RubyDuby

Just saw the pic of the tofu chimichurri on that blog. omfg I love chimichurri. Can't wait to try that.
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

I have gotten the book recently (having gone on a slight cookbook shopping spree on Amazon..) but I haven't tried anything yet.
    Be the change you wish
    to see in the world.
    - Ghandi

I made the veggie pot pie stew (first thing I have made from this book) and its really nice, but I had to jiggle with some of the herbs, my stocks were getting low

I've made Moroccan Chickpeas with Zucchini and Smoky Tempeh & Green Stew this weekend from AFR (for consumption next week) both have turned out well and are worth making (especially the chickpeas).

I made the cauliflower pesto soup(only 50cals per serving, minus the pine nuts!), chickpea piccata and salty maple - but I used agave - carrots last night. All absolutely gorgeous. I put the chickpea piccata over wild rice. Yum.

I made the Sure Fire Seitan last night, its the worst seitan that I have ever made. It looked like brains, was soggy/limp and the entire recipe used 16 grams of salt (soy sauce & boulllion/veg stock). Wont be making it again. I have made a couple of other things for dinner next week which I think will taste a bit better (BBQ Mango Beans & Bistro Broccoli Chowder)

I have eaten the BBQ Mango Beans and the Chowder. Both were lovely:

Mango BBQ Beans (with cauliflower, potato & mustard mash):

Bistro Broccoli Chowder:

I have an e-book copy of this, but I haven't made anything from it yet.

I'm no dieter, I don't really believe in attaching labels such as 'naughty', 'sinful' or 'guilt' to food. Food is food, enjoy it! I'm not against delicious food, high-fat or low-fat, it doesn't matter- if it's vegan and tastes good I'll eat it!

On that note, does anyone have any recommendations for recipes to try from AFR?
    Houmous atá ann!

I've have always liked the Veggie Pot Pie recipe and the Mango BBQ Beans were good.