Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Vegan Food Products - UK

Default Re: Favourite Vegan Food Products - UK

I posted about these on the Christmas thread - my parents got me some raw Booja Booja raspberry truffles and they are absolutely amazing! They have coconut oil in for the creamy texture and you can taste it but it goes really well with the raspberry flavour, and they're really clean tasting - the flavours last for a long time, and evolve, but at no point do you feel they are at all sickly or cloying, they're really really nice!

Unfortunately, the only place I know of that is selling them at the moment is in Berkhamsted in Hertfordshire, although I'm sure the fancy london shops are also selling them
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

^ a couple of shops in Brighton sell them, but i think they're absolutely disgusting
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Quote Gorilla View Post
    ^ a couple of shops in Brighton sell them, but i think they're absolutely disgusting
    Aw, really? I guess they are quite a strong flavour but I think they're lovely
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Hi everyone I'm new on here !

My favourite foods are -

Booja Booja hazelnut crunch truffles ( heavenly ! )
    Redwood foods - Rashers/cheatin ham/chicken
    Tofutti - creamy smooth original ( just like cream cheese, but less sickly ! )
    Swedish Glace Vanilla ( easy the best ice-cream alternative )
    Dove Farm - Organic Tropical fruit and nut bar ( so good ! )

My ultimate favorite, try this - A slice of Sunnyvale organic banana cake ( microwave for 20-30 secs ) then add some swedish glace vanilla on top mmmmmmmm !

Clive's Creamy Mushroom Pies!!! ^_^_^

I was raised on the things!!!
    I had a weird (possibly slighty obsessive) craving for one for the last few weeks and my dad (horslesspaul) just randomly bought me one earlier!!!
    Happiness is so easy to find once you have one of those things in your hands!!

*Insert Signature Here*

BlackCats

Quote Ross-P View Post
    Hi everyone I'm new on here !
    My favourite foods are -
    Booja Booja hazelnut crunch truffles ( heavenly ! )
    Hi.

I haven't tried those truffles yet or Clive's pies, must try harder.

Quote BlackCats View Post
    Wow, I'm shocked at that. You really must try harder!
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Quote BlackCats View Post
    Hi.

You must try Clive's Organic Arabian Chickpea Pie. It tastes so good !

I also havent tried Clives pies, but i saw them the other day in the health matters store in Bromley - I will get one next time i pop in there

Hello everyone I am new!
    My favourite stuff is:
    Dove's Farm Fruity Oat cereal bars,
    Fruit Bowl's 'School Bars' (oh my goodness, I could eat them for ever!), don't know what brand they are but Oxfam do some fairtrade chewy banana chips, instead of those disgusting hard things,
    Cauldron's chickpea & black olive pate.

WildWitch

mmmmm i love that chick pea and black olive pate on toast. Welcome aboard pinksheep.

I had a Trek raw food peanut bar the other day ( bought at boots the chemist ) and it tasted so good ! they really fill you up as well.

I haven't tried those but I will. What d'you think of the Doves Farm cereal bars? I like the chocolate crispy ones!

Quote pinksheep View Post
    I haven't tried those but I will. What d'you think of the Doves Farm cereal bars? I like the chocolate crispy ones!
    I love the Doves farm organic tropical fruit and nut bars.

Quote Ross-P View Post
    I love the Doves farm organic tropical fruit and nut bars.
    Well I just bought a Trek bar so let's see if it gets me through the day when there's nothing to eat in the canteen except 'plate of veg'!!
    Also decided to try Nairn's mixed berry oatcakes. Hmm, feel a bit sick 'cause they are very nice and I got a bit carried away! Still, no need to feel guilty as they use sustainable palm oil apparently. I have heard some negative stuff about the palm oil industry and the effect it has on farmers of other crops and also on the environment, although I wil be honest that I am a bit of a numpty on that kinda stuff!
    One thing I struggle to eat is nuts - have to force them down to get my essential fats and all that rubbish.....!

Default Re: Favourite Vegan Food Products - UK (1)

Rather addicted to Whole Earth "So crispY" soya and rice cakes in Paprika flavour. Srsly, I could easily live on these. I would not be healthy but I would be happy.
    vegan and proud.

My dad bought me some Koska turkish delight, it is so lovely! Perfect gooey but chewy texture! I have eaten too much of it and feel sick though!!

KcCrash

Quote WildWitch View Post
    Yeah, its a kind of cheese spread. Sorry to say i cant recommend it eeewwwwww YUK!
    I like it

Me too

Tis very low fat (for a cheesy thing) if you're bothered by that sort of thing. Shame they don't fortify it, though.
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

i haven't had the nerve to try the Alpro cheese spread yet; i've had too many disgusting vegan 'cheeses' to want to risk it

if anyone likes Yagga, according to Veganstore the makers aren't going to be shipping any more to the UK due to poor exchange rates - so stock up while you can
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

It's very mild with a bit of sourness, a bit of coolness and a bit of saltiness.

Reminded me of cottage cheese in taste, thought not texture. Texture is very wet and soft.
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

ew i hated cottage cheese, thanks for the warning.

if anyone likes Yagga, according to Veganstore the makers aren't going to be shipping any more to the UK due to poor exchange rates - so stock up while you can [/quote]

No more Yagga? Noooooo! I love the stuff! Thanks for the warning

Oh and Gorilla - you're not missing anything with the Alpro cheese spread, I tried it & didn't like it either.

I didn't know alpro did a cheese spread. I've never tried Yagga, I will prob buy some if it won't be around again.

Someone further up mentioned Trek bars. The peanut & oat one is amazing. It reminds me of the nutty sweets you get in quality street/roses. The apple pie Nakd bar is really great too.

One of my favorite food products is Marigold Tofu Steak (or something like that - we affectionately call it cat food tofu). It comes in a small ring pull can. Its really handy for work or when I have to travel because its ready to eat. Its really good in a wrap. I had some with a homemade tomato sauce on spaghetti for dinner tonight

Clives pies are also amazing. My fave is the aloo gobi. Every now and then they have a couple in the health food shop. I lived somewhere once where the only shop that sold them would freeze them and they'd go a bit funny.

Booja booja chocolate & their ice creams are better than the omni versions. Plamil mayo is like a class A drug for me, I have to limit myself to one jar every two weeks, I could eat that stuff with a spoon (apart from the lemongrass one which I bought by mistake once and is really really horrible). Whole earth tomato ketchup is really good too.

Quote f2097 View Post
    Marigold Tofu Steak (or something like that - we affectionately call it cat food tofu). It comes in a small ring pull can.
    I think they call it braised tofu. I love it too and can eat it straight from the tin.

And I rather like the lemongrass mayo.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

i've never had the lemongrass mayo because i can't imagine what i'd eat it with the Plamil garlic mayo is my favourite.

i like the braised tofu as well but i couldn't eat it straight out of the tin as i find it has a funny aftertaste. Cauldron marinated tofu on the other hand...

Innocent are bringing out a new Veg Pot which is vegan: Indian daal curry. it sounds yummy to me even if they are a bit expensive.

they're doing a survey on their veg pots, click here to tell them to make them (and any new ones) vegan

http://www.clicktools.com/dashboard/survey/response.jsp

Quote KayJay View Post
    if anyone likes Yagga, according to Veganstore the makers aren't going to be shipping any more to the UK due to poor exchange rates - so stock up while you can

No more Yagga? Noooooo! I love the stuff! Thanks for the warning [/QUOTE]

Oh No! I have enough trouble getting hold of it as it is. So I only buy it about 3 times a year.
    I'll have to look into a supply chain for it.
    How good it is to be well-fed, healthy, and kind all at the same time. Henry J. Heimlich

they might still do fayres. you never know.

Quote Gorilla View Post
    Innocent are bringing out a new Veg Pot which is vegan: Indian daal curry. it sounds yummy to me even if they are a bit expensive.

they're doing a survey on their veg pots, click here to tell them to make them (and any new ones) vegan

http://www.clicktools.com/dashboard/survey/response.jsp
    Wow I see 3 of their 6 veg pots are vegan. Good chaps!

Quote jimmeh View Post
    Wow I see 3 of their 6 veg pots are vegan. Good chaps!
    originally none of them were vegan but then they brought out two new ones and stopped putting honey in the Moroccan one. yay!

I wonder if the Thai Coconut Curry would really suffer all that much if they removed the fish sauce and honey? Then it would be 4 out of 6.

Quote Cumin View Post
    No more Yagga? Noooooo! I love the stuff! Thanks for the warning
    Oh No! I have enough trouble getting hold of it as it is. So I only buy it about 3 times a year.
    I'll have to look into a supply chain for it.[/quote]

Cumin - Veganstore still have Yagga at the moment and I just got some of the new Organic Deli Roast Slices (yum!)

has anyone else found Devonvale fruit crumble bars? they have flavours including raspberry and blackcurrant & apple, and they say vegan on the packaging. so far i've only managed to find them in a newsagents under the platforms at Clapham Junction station! but they're very nice.

Gorilla. I have seen them (and tried them) too, from motorway services. I thought they were quite good too. I prefer them to those flapjack company ones which are rather stodgy in my opinion.
    How good it is to be well-fed, healthy, and kind all at the same time. Henry J. Heimlich

I couple of things I've tried for the first time recently and really liked were Infinity Foods Organic Vegan Smoked Garlic Mayonnaise and Soyatoo Soya Coffee Creamer.

Quote KayJay View Post
    Cumin - Veganstore still have Yagga at the moment and I just got some of the new Organic Deli Roast Slices (yum!)
    Ditto - arrived yesterday Along with a large boxful of the other types. Should keep my happy for a few months.

i wasn't too impressed by the deli slices personally; not a great flavour, expensive for what you get and pretty wasteful packaging. i did have a very nice stir-fry with the strips last night though. i find frying them in toasted sesame oil gives them a good flavour.

Marmite, ate it all my life and luckily its was vegan :P
    What if a monkey made you a sandwich?

Quote veganprincess View Post
    Hi there im new to posting so totally ignore me if this has already been mentioned, i did try searching but im a bit of a technology dumbass, and it might have been mentioned in the parents area...but i just realised when i was in Ikea today trying to find something edible that Organix Goodies range of cereal bars for babies are vegan and to me totally yumm. So i looked on there website when i got home and actually loads of their range is vegan - obviously not the cheese flavoured stuff - but yey they're a new and exciting thing for me. And in teeny-tiny individual packs - my favourite.
    Yeah I noticed sainsburys have started stocking these too. They had the gingerbread men and cocoa cookies in the biscuit section anyway. Was tempted to get them but the palm oil on the ingredients list put me off.

Did notice a few other vegan things in there tho, they had some breaded vegetable dippers in the freezer and quite a few vegan indian snacks too

Gosh, those Organix Goodies look great! I'm looking at the cocoa cookies and wondering if I'll have time to stop in to look for them in Tesco on the way to work in the morning! I've been jonesing for cookies for about three weeks, but never want to cook a whole batch for myself.

Anyone know of a supermarket that stocks any vegan cookies?

Quote veganista View Post
    I couple of things I've tried for the first time recently and really liked were Infinity Foods Organic Vegan Smoked Garlic Mayonnaise and Soyatoo Soya Coffee Creamer.
    I tried some of the same mayo for the first time a couple of weeks ago when I went to Brighton. Mine kinda tastes eggy so I haven't been using it because they do a non-vegan one and I have a horrible feeling it has the wrong label on.. Was yours like that too?

In the same shopping trip I bought essential co-operatives version of marmite, which was amazing, Its really creamy and caramelly while still being marmitey.

Also Plamil's chocolate spread. I've never bought it before because I never used to like nutella and stuff like that but their stuff reminds me more of a good chocolate fudge cake or those KP chocolate dippy things. Its really nice to mix a spoonfull in with some nuts and oats and then to drizzle maple syrup on. Its great as an easy filling for a sponge cake and tastes as good if not better as making your own *drool*

Ooh and I also got Nakd's new banana bread bar and it was also awsome. Apparently they have four other new ones too.

Liz Lovely Cowgirl Cookies

Quote f2097 View Post
    I tried some of the same mayo for the first time a couple of weeks ago when I went to Brighton. Mine kinda tastes eggy so I haven't been using it because they do a non-vegan one and I have a horrible feeling it has the wrong label on..
    i tried Infinity's vegan garlic mayonnaise for the first time recently. i thought it tasted a lot like Plamil, but the texture was more airy and slightly 'whipped', was that how yours was?

Quote f2097 View Post
    Ooh and I also got Nakd's new banana bread bar and it was also awsome. Apparently they have four other new ones too.
    that's definitely my favourite flavour, and they come in smaller bars so they're not too filling.

Nana's lemon dream cookie bites (sold in Holland & Barrett) are great - like little lemon sponge cakes

Quote Gorilla View Post
    Nana's lemon dream cookie bites (sold in Holland & Barrett) are great - like little lemon sponge cakes
    Indeedio. Picked some up at the weekend, Mmmmm, lemmmonicious.

Even better was this bad boy though:

Am I a tool for never seeing these before?
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

is 98% fat free the same as 2% fat?
    even perfect isn't perfect - Rubyduby 4th July 08

Yes, though most things contain a lot more fat than that
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Quote Gwydion View Post

I'm off to Holland and Barratts tomorrow!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

Quote Gwydion View Post

i've never seen those before either, i'll have to look out for them!