Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Vegan Food Products - UK

a didgeridoo

Default Re: Favourite Vegan Food Products - UK

Plamil plamil yummy yummy

Good to know you’re on the case, Detective Saucy – I trust anyone implicitly who does such a great line in wraps! Sweet dreams

Anyone tried Tofutti cream cheese? Man that stuff is gorgeous spread on pitta bread. It does have partly hydrogenated fats in it, but every once in a while...

tabitha

I really like that cream cheese, but I find it a bit sweet, so I usually pep it up with black pepper, garlic and onions (doesnt make me popular).

a didgeridoo

Yeah, it is nice, but I agree it’s a bit on the sweet side. Actually I had some of the herb and chive version on a bagel for breakfast today (oh dear plamil AND tofutti in one day – but a shite day at work so I feel I can post-hoc justify it pretty well…)

saucyvegan

OK CAN I JUST STATE....ITS NOT PLAMIL THAT I LIKE. ITS ONE I GET CALLED VITELMA. Thats my fave and I have it on everything. Just bought 8 bottles of the stuff!

i love the tofutti cream cheese...mmmmmm. i think the taste is perfect. yum yum. i used to eat it all the time when i lived at home and my mum did the shopping, haha..but now i live on my own and cant afford things lol. so i havent eaten it in ages.

Quote saucyvegan
    OOh this is the one ive heard about. I think its made with rice milk to give it that creamy texture. Im going to do a mass shop on veganstore this weekend so will buy loads and get all fat.

Antonia....yes...ive still to look thro this whole thread but boy am I gonna shopppppppppppp!! FATVEGAN on da way!

OMG OMG...my sister bought that for me when we were in lancaster from a vegan shop! and i didnt expect it to taste of much but OMG its soooo yummy. far too easy to eat. i ate the whole bar when i was PMS-y cos i felt like chocolate.

its the best vegan chocolate i have ever tried! yum!

Quote saucyvegan
    OK CAN I JUST STATE....ITS NOT PLAMIL THAT I LIKE. ITS ONE I GET CALLED VITELMA. Thats my fave and I have it on everything. Just bought 8 bottles of the stuff!

Mmmmmmmmmmm....Plamil Are you trying to tell me there's a better vegan Mayo than that?
    Redwood sausages are great and the Fry,s range are brilliant as well.Their hot dogs cut up into little bits with beans on toast!!!!!!
    Anyone ever just mix soya milk with fresh fruit juice in a 50/50 mix?Lovely!
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

saucyvegan

Quote lozza
    OMG OMG...my sister bought that for me when we were in lancaster from a vegan shop! and i didnt expect it to taste of much but OMG its soooo yummy. far too easy to eat. i ate the whole bar when i was PMS-y cos i felt like chocolate.

its the best vegan chocolate i have ever tried! yum!
    LOL I CANT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON SEVERAL OF THESE BARS!!!! Better than an orgasm anyday!!

saucyvegan

Quote gogs67
    Mmmmmmmmmmm....Plamil Are you trying to tell me there's a better vegan Mayo than that?
    Redwood sausages are great and the Fry,s range are brilliant as well.Their hot dogs cut up into little bits with beans on toast!!!!!!
    Anyone ever just mix soya milk with fresh fruit juice in a 50/50 mix?Lovely!
    Oh yes, once uv tried this one, U will never go back. I love it!!!!!

Quote saucyvegan
    LOL I CANT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON SEVERAL OF THESE BARS!!!! Better than an orgasm anyday!!
    haha,agree to differ!
    Someone mentioned Tartex,i eat that all the time but i made the mistake of buying Grano Vita stuff that looks the same,in a tube, and it's not too nice.

saucyvegan

Quote gogs67
    haha,agree to differ!
    Someone mentioned Tartex,i eat that all the time but i made the mistake of buying Grano Vita stuff that looks the same,in a tube, and it's not too nice.
    Tartex...yes ive had that in sarnies before but prefer good old hummus. Posh hummus at that...not ur cheapo variety!!

Make your own hummous,that way it can be as garlicy and lemony as you like!

saucyvegan

Quote gogs67
    Im too lazy. I buy it and add bits to it. I feel too full up ,at the mo...just had a big bowl of ice cream. Size of a house, size of a house!!

tabitha

I like Somerfields Coriander hummous in bagels with fake cheese and fresh coriander. I could live on that. Actually I do live on that at the moment.

saucyvegan

I dont know what it is about u Tabby but everytime ive seen uv done a post...I laff...whatever uv put?

tabitha

dont laugh at me Saucy or are you laughing with me. Im going away again next weekend you will miss me then.

saucyvegan

Quote tabitha
    dont laugh at me Saucy or are you laughing with me. Im going away again next weekend you will miss me then.
    No no I laff AT u...lol!!!

Another durty weekend Tabs? Hmmm???? U know how jealous I get!!!!!

tabitha

am gutted that u laugh at me. am going away now and wont be bak.

saucyvegan

Quote tabitha
    am gutted that u laugh at me. am going away now and wont be bak.
    <<<bangs her way into the kitchen, makes chocolate spread sarnie and stomps off to bed, slamming all doors on the way!

Hahaha,that's the way to exit!

I never know if the angry faces are for real sometimes.
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

saucyvegan

Quote xwitchymagicx
    I never know if the angry faces are for real sometimes.
    Aww me and Tabs are only joking Witchy lol. xxxxx

veggiesosage

I had a bit of a shop yesterday and got some of my favourite Viana goodies, got 2 paks of the smoky sausages. So lunch may well be many hot dogs. Or maybe tea. Or maybe both... Eat these and you won't go back to Linda Mac.

The funny thing about Viana is that they are a German company and they seem to miss something in the translation. So for eg they call the smoky sossies 'Real Jumbos' and the nice kebabs are called 'Veggie Giros'. Their headquarters is called 'Tofutown' which is kinda cool.

Unfortunately they only had the less tasty version of kebab in so I just bought one of those.

tabitha

Witchy - the reason I put angry faces up with Saucy is to appeal to her better nature and make her feel guilty for tormenting me in such a cruel way. Sadly this hasnt worked so far Ps dont worry sweetie I really am only joking xxxx

Back on topic (glares at saucy and tabs)...

Nakd and Trek bars are yummy. www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk
    The Nakd bars are raw.

I just had a cocoa brownie trek bar for brekkie with a blood orange and banana.
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

saucyvegan

Quote Rob(QG)
    Back on topic (glares at saucy and tabs)...

The Nakd bars are raw.

LOL......everyone glares at us. Today I am fancying a roast dinner!

Hope we're all invited

I'm just away out for veggie rashers,toast,beans,mushrooms,hash browns,sausages,tomatos and LOADS of tea!

mmmmmmmmm you've made me hungry now. i havent eaten yet. i REALLY fancy going down to mono and getting a vegan breakfast.. *drools*

unfortunately, i dont have the money. so i'm gonna have to settle for porridge..i might treat myself actually and make pancakes for late lunch..my mum always used to make pancakes for me for sunday breakfast when i lived at home.

Quote saucyvegan
    LOL......everyone glares at us. Today I am fancying a roast dinner!

today i am having a roast dinner!

mmmm roast tatties, roast parsnips, roast butternut squash, stuffing, gravy, 'frys' schnitzel, mint sauce and brocolli..

want to come to mine for lunch saucy?

p.s. it'l be on the table in half an hour!

saucyvegan

Quote cedarblue
    today i am having a roast dinner!

mmmm roast tatties, roast parsnips, roast butternut squash, stuffing, gravy, 'frys' schnitzel, mint sauce and brocolli..

want to come to mine for lunch saucy?

p.s. it'l be on the table in half an hour!
    Cedar...MMMM mmmmm. How did ya know I like mint sauce? I have it on all my roast dinners. And parsnips are my faves......omg im hungry lol!!
    Last edited by flutterby; Mar 19th, 2006 at 09:04 PM. Reason: The jaffa cake has its own thread now http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7994

feral

We found the vegan nann bread at Sainsbury's... it says it vegan and then warns that it's not suitable for egg and milk allergies due to the processing method.. I guess they mean there's a risk of cross contamination... tis tasty enough, no where near as good as our local Indian restaurant, I'll have to call up some day and ask if they can make it vegan.

Quote feral
    We found the vegan nann bread at Sainsbury's... it says it vegan and then warns that it's not suitable for egg and milk allergies due to the processing method.. I guess they mean there's a risk of cross contamination... tis tasty enough, no where near as good as our local Indian restaurant, I'll have to call up some day and ask if they can make it vegan.
    Tescos has vegan nan as regards to ingredients,but there's the old 'cross contamination' problem as well!

Quote feral
    The garlic and coriander ones are really good

feral

Cross contamination of eggs and milk doesn't bother me as much (better than meat juice!) and I know it's an assembly line problem.. at least I'm tryin my best... if I avoided everything that 'might' be contaminated with dairy on an assembly line I wouldn't have much selection. I'll keep an eye out for the Tesco one.. they're building a massive big tesco store near our estate, life will be sooo much easier then.

feral

Aye Rob, I had one with my dinner.. very nice.

Quote feral
    Cross contamination of eggs and milk doesn't bother me as much (better than meat juice!) and I know it's an assembly line problem.. at least I'm tryin my best... if I avoided everything that 'might' be contaminated with dairy on an assembly line I wouldn't have much selection. I'll keep an eye out for the Tesco one.. they're building a massive big tesco store near our estate, life will be sooo much easier then.
    I'm starting to have problems with shopping at Tescos because of their monopoly of the food outlet business!I suppose that's the problem about caring for things,you can see ethical dilemas everywhere!
    Seemingly,in Inverness now (north Scotland) they have just finished building their 4th Superstore and 25p out of every pound spent in the area goes to them!

Quote gogs67
    I'm starting to have problems with shopping at Tescos because of their monopoly of the food outlet business!I suppose that's the problem about caring for things,you can see ethical dilemas everywhere!
    Seemingly,in Inverness now (north Scotland) they have just finished building their 4th Superstore and 25p out of every pound spent in the area goes to them!
    I have the same problem- I buy my 'spontanious snacking with boyfriend' food there, which still amounts to a lot, plus the food I buy for the gigs I put on I buy there, and I feel guilty everytime I walk through those doors, but it still doesn't stop me shopping there.

I had some naan from Sainsburys with my dinner mmm I love it!!

Quote saucyvegan
    hehe yep

Quote gogs67
    YESS! i made my own humous for the first time the other day. red pepper humous! i made it too garlicky though i like garlic, but it was too 'bitey' maybe i should have roasted the garlic instead of putting it in raw.

Quote tabitha
    I like Somerfields Coriander hummous in bagels with fake cheese and fresh coriander. I could live on that. Actually I do live on that at the moment.
    i love the red pepper humous! its aaace...yum yum.

tesco hoummous (spel?)
    vegemince
    beanie burgers
    linda mccartney everything (everything vegan that is)
    suma tinned lentil soup

a didgeridoo

just discovered plamil chocolate & orange spread.
    didnt used to have a sweet tooth -- but now i understand why people do.
    oh dear oh dear oh dear

Quote lozza
    YESS! i made my own humous for the first time the other day. red pepper humous! i made it too garlicky though i like garlic, but it was too 'bitey' maybe i should have roasted the garlic instead of putting it in raw.
    Maybe that's the answer - I've never managed to get the balance right either. I gave up after 2 tries a few months back.

Provomel Strawberry And Chocolate Soya Milk Drinks
    Shepherd Boy Fruit And Nut Bars

Quote Rob(QG)
    Maybe that's the answer - I've never managed to get the balance right either. I gave up after 2 tries a few months back.
    i've had another idea! well..my humous tasted ok after a day or so. like you couldnt really taste the garlic all that much. so maybe the answer is to make the humous, put the garlic in raw, but leave it overnight. maybe the taste gets less 'bitey' when mixed with other ingredients for a good while!

i ate the whole damn lot, it was lovely

veggiesosage

Every now and then I get a serious craving for garlic bread (cue 'GAARlic BREAD??? in Peter Kay voice)

I wonder if its an iron thing?

The good thing is that I've got some in the oven and its ready about....now!

See ya in a bit

Quote Rob(QG)
    The Nakd bars are raw.

i bought an apple tart flavour Nakd bar from Veganstore and i just ate it. it wasn't cheap but it was really nice - it tastes like cake, but it's raw and healthy!

on the slightly non-healthy side, i also bought some Whizzers chocolate mini-eggs which are good but i can't get them anywhere other than Veganstore which is a bit annoying, has anyone seen them in shops near them? none of my local Holland & Barretts ever have them and neither do any of the other wholefood shops i've looked in, even though they sell the chocolate footballs and chocolate beans (the Smarties-style sweets).
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

I figure the Nakd bars are almost meal replacement bars - lots of fairly healthy calories. So compared to the price of a tub of noodles they work out quite reasonable.

Saying that, I think I got them for 86p with the Trek bars being 99p in a supermarket.

i've never seen either of these bars in shops, although i haven't been looking out for them too closely. Nakd are £1.09 on Veganstore and Trek are £1.19. i'm not sure i could eat one of them as a meal replacement though - they're quite filling, but more like a light snack for me
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

I've def seen those Whizzer speckled eggs in shops, though I can't remember where now. I will keep my eyes peeled and report back!