Thread: Need Help with Body Toning?

Default Need Help with Body Toning?

I've recently become a vegan for both the philosophy behind it, and for the health benefits. I'm actually looking to tone my body (not lose weight because I'm already at my normal weight level).

My main question is, do I still have to count calories to tone my body since I'm already centered around a vegan (and almost a semi-raw vegan diet)?

I'm doing yoga and I plan on doing weight lifting in the future. If I opt to eat whatever I want (that's vegan) while maintaining an average calorie intake (2,000 calories) while doing a little bit of yoga and weight lifting when I can (I try to do 15-20 minutes 4-5 times a day) can I tone my body? I also plan on doing intense tennis playing (i'm trying to join a team) over the summer.

What do you think?

RubyDuby

Default Re: Need Help with Body Toning?

The same rules apply, whether you're eating vegan foods or not.
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

Default Re: Need Help with Body Toning?

Hello Urban,

depends on what you eat. If you eat vegan pizza, french fries and guzzle vegan soda with it, then you will not like what it does to your body.

If you adopt, however, a low-fat, whole-foods, plant-based diet and avoid refined and processed foods (e.g. refined sugar, white flour), then you do not need to count calories much (in fact, you will need to eat a lot fresh fruit and vegetables to get your calories).
    I'd recommend you to check out the 80/10/10 diet (80 % of your calories from carbs, and max 10% from fat and 10% from protein) as outlined in the 'China Study'. That's what I am doing at the moment, and I like it quite a bit.

Best regards,
    Andy