Thread: Krakow, Poland

Default Krakow, Poland

I'm going to Krakow/Katowice as part of a school trip in February. My school are sorting out (with the help of the translator!) suitable food for dinners/breakfast in the hotel but I was wondering what products I might be able to find if any in shops. Obviously restaurants are off the list as it's a school trip
    "Life is life – whether in a cat, or dog or man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man’s own advantage."

Default Re: Krakow, Poland

How was your trip? I'd so much like to visit Krakow!

Smile Re: Krakow, Poland

Hey, any information or advice for Krakow?
    I am also interested in it, maybe i'll even study there I've been to Katowice and managed to find food in the markets and supermarkets, i also ate some great pizza but i had a friend who is a native speaker with, so it was easier to order itlol ...
    Why so serious? The Joker

I loved Poland I'm in love with the country now! I visited Kraków and Katowice
    My experience of the food is as follows - Alpro soya milk/soya desserts are quite easily available in supermarkets (I even found the milk in small supermarkets)
    When eating out I just ordered chips. I asked what they were fried in and they always said vegetable oil (obviously if you can't speak Polish this could be hard to ask as many people do not speak English)
    In some self serve restaurants I just had plain rice and vegetables.
    Sauerkraut is also available in a lot of places and is vegan (and yummy ;D) The supermarkets are very good and often you can find alpro milk, lentils, good vegetables ect.
    My advice would be to write down/learn the polish for animal products so you can read ingredients. Having someone around who can speak Polish helps greatly as many people in restaurants cannot speak English. Eating out is really no harder than it is in England, apart from the language barrier if you don't speak Polish.
    It's an amazing place, and I'd love to live there in the future
    "Life is life – whether in a cat, or dog or man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man’s own advantage."

Cool! thank you very much
    i like Poland too!!!
    Why so serious? The Joker