Thread: Forks Over Knives

Default Forks Over Knives

Let's put a more positive spin on this:

Take a look at the upcoming (March) movie 'Forks over Knives' that illustrates the results of the China Study and shows how adopting a low-fat, plant-based, whole-foods nutrition can help you reverse 'diseases of affluence': http://www.forksoverknives.com/

Although I have to add that I do not know whether cancer is specifically mentioned as one of the diseases that can be reversed. The study showed that the occurrence of cancer can be influenced by increasing the consumption of animal-derived protein (at least in rats), but I guess for treatment the current 'leading opinion' that is still held over the head of the patient like a threat is that there is no alternative to chemotherapy and surgery (as my wife had to find out unfortunately).

Best regards,
    Andy
    Last edited by Korn; Jan 22nd, 2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: This and the following post was moved from another thread

Default Re: 20-30 types of cancer and animal products (eggs, fish, milk, meat)

Quote Andy_T View Post
    Let's put a more positive spin on this:

Take a look at the upcoming (March) movie 'Forks over Knives' that illustrates the results of the China Study and shows how adopting a low-fat, plant-based, whole-foods nutrition can help you reverse 'diseases of affluence': http://www.forksoverknives.com/

Although I have to add that I do not know whether cancer is specifically mentioned as one of the diseases that can be reversed. The study showed that the occurrence of cancer can be influenced by increasing the consumption of animal-derived protein (at least in rats), but I guess for treatment the current 'leading opinion' that is still held over the head of the patient like a threat is that there is no alternative to chemotherapy and surgery (as my wife had to find out unfortunately).

Best regards,
    Andy
    I just watched the trailer, I would love to see this film. Looks absolutely fantastic! I wish I could send a copy of this film to everyone I know! Thank you for the link, I'll definately keep following this film.

Default Re: Forks Over Knives

the film looks really interesting, i will defo watch it
    We all love animals. So why do we call some "pets" and others "dinner?" ~k.d. lang

TeeterDance

Any release dates for Europe?

I'm really looking forward to its release in Oz. But I have to say the mention of The Philippines as one of the low level meat-consuming Asian countries made me LOL. Hard.lol A family friend who works in my ancestral island's capital told me that a vego restaurant there unfortunately closed after six months "for obvious reasons!"
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies so close... you're almost kissing."

FWIW, I saw this movie about a month ago and it is definitely worth a watch. I think moreso for non-vegans who are suffering from heart disease, cancer or diabetes. Pretty powerful stuff. Get your parents, grand-parents, and other folks you care about who are approaching their golden years to watch it. It will go a long way to "convert" them if they haven't taken the plunge yet.