Thread: Vegan Cardiff

Default Vegan Cardiff

Is there anyone out there in the Cardiff area?? I only moved here in September to continue my studies and wondered if there are any meet ups this way or if anyone had any recommendations?

Where to eat out, get take aways from that kinda thing.
    There is an amazing sandwich shop the cornor before Castle arcade where I sometimes get a panini - there are 3 vegan choices and you can mix and match your own choice of ingredients too which is great!! Also I'd really recommend the falafel bar (I'd be happy to accompany anyone there for a spot of lunch it really is lovely - genuine people running it too which makes such a difference). Have also heard of a place called The Pot but am yet to try it. Apart from that Im a little stumped about where to go so thought it was worth an ask, or if there are any people who meet up

Phie :smile:

Default Re: Vegan Cardiff

Afraid I don't live anywhere near Cardiff, although I've been a couple of times. If you're after mainstream choices I know there are a couple of Wetherspoons pubs at least and they do a reasonable option that's marked vegan on the menu, plus black dragon cider (I forget what it is in welsh, something like glynt y draig?) which is nice if you like cider

There's also a nice veg indian restaurant in Cardiff, I can't remember what it's called (I can ask my friend if you like?), just that I got a superthick soya mango lassi from there. It's also worth looking out for a farmers market by the big stadiumy thing, I remember there being a choice of pasties and pies, as well as chutneys and local/organic veg.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Hey! Thanks for getting back to me the weatherspoons are pretty good actually providing a dish or two if I get stuck hungry unsure where else to head! I will most definatly make a trip down to th farmers market - where the pasties and pies vegan? (This is exciting!!) If you are able to find out the name of the veg indian restaurant I'd certainly love to give it a try Thanks! Is there anyone from Cardiff out there?!

I have visited a few times but only fleetingly recently and for logistical reasons we keep ending up in the Wagamama in Cardiff bay (all Wagamama branches can do vegan food, they have a list).

I was there for longer a few years ago and ate in one or two of the Indian places - think one was Jikoni, if that's still there? ETA a friend I was with in Cardiff thinks it was the Vegetarian Food Studio we ate at but I'm wondering if we tried both. They are quite close together I think?

Another vote for the vegetarian food studio here. Nice people and very good food. Will visit again when that way.

I'm sure Viva have another roadshow in town on 27th October, But no info on their website yet.