Thread: Raw Vegan Weight-Loss?

Default Raw Vegan Weight-Loss?

Does a raw vegan diet help with weight loss and toning of the body? I don't get a lot of time to exercise, but I'll be seen doing some kind of workout for about 5-10 minutes when I'm trying to stay awake doing late nighters for homework. Does anyone know how far I'll get with that? Oh, and I am trying to avoid calorie counting.

Also, I am 122 and i am 5-4. I am mainly looking to lose 5 pounds, and go into toning my body later. I also want to know if i can do this without counting calories, but just eating raw for several months.

If I decided to make this a 3 year change, should I be able to give up most of the fat i have?

Default Re: Raw Vegan Weight-Loss?

I can't imagine that you would gain weight on a raw vegan diet. That said, it sounds like you are at a healthy weight. I'm 5'4" and 120 pounds. I mostly maintain on my 90% raw vegan way of eating. When I'm really "sticking" to it and doing mostly raw, I do lose a few pounds. Give it a shot. You'll give up some of the weight, but to make it fat loss, not muscle loss, make sure you're doing some exercise.

Default Re: Raw Vegan Weight-Loss?

I'm going raw vegan during week days and eating normal vegan food cooked or raw at weekends (as from tomorrow) I too would like to lose a few pounds...I can't imagine you will tone up without exercise but if you do stick to the ten mins a day of exercise..I'm guessing it should help. I have a few exercise dvd's which have five 10 min work outs focusing on which parts of the body you want to tone.

Though I dance a lot for performances etc and find it hard to fit in additional exercise on top of being a single mother of 2..so I'm also concentrating on the food side also. You sound a good weight for your height though so perhaps just fitting in a little exercise will show results.

Default Raw Vegan = Weight Loss?

So, I have looked at more than a billion articles on the internet and can't get a straight answer so I guess this could be the right place to ask?

I have been raw vegan for 2 days now and I am wondering if someone has the answer for me how much weight I will loose (in a month say) if I consume between 1000-2000 calories in raw foods a day? I know it's not much and that I can have up to 4000 but the thing is I get full around 1000 and I'm not going to stuff myself just because.

I am active, I do yoga and I am constantly walking around and up and down stairs but I never seem to loose weight no matter what I do. I weigh 79.9kg (176lbs?) (used to be 89kg before I went vegan 6 months ago) and I am 175cm (5'9") tall.

I have never drank much milk or eaten much bread. I never eat any candy and I drink a lot of water.

What is wrong in this picture? I have tried everything. D:

Thanks for reading, looking forward to hearing replies.
    Last edited by Korn; Apr 18th, 2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: This was the first post in a similar thread

Default Re: Raw Vegan = Weight Loss?

Quote supimvee View Post
    So, I have looked at more than a billion articles on the internet and can't get a straight answer so I guess this could be the right place to ask?

I have been raw vegan for 2 days now and I am wondering if someone has the answer for me how much weight I will loose (in a month say) if I consume between 1000-2000 calories in raw foods a day? I know it's not much and that I can have up to 4000 but the thing is I get full around 1000 and I'm not going to stuff myself just because.

I am active, I do yoga and I am constantly walking around and up and down stairs but I never seem to loose weight no matter what I do. I weigh 79.9kg (176lbs?) (used to be 89kg before I went vegan 6 months ago) and I am 175cm (5'9") tall.

I have never drank much milk or eaten much bread. I never eat any candy and I drink a lot of water.

What is wrong in this picture? I have tried everything. D:

Thanks for reading, looking forward to hearing replies.
    I don't think you should be counting calories on a raw lifestyle. You sound healthy enough to me. Considering you have only been raw for 2 days...perhaps you will get the results you want in time, though if you eat well and exercise you should be fine. I wouldn't limit your calories though...especially if you want to function well and exercise properly.