Thread: Nausea?

Default Nausea?

Greetings everyone!

I'm Justin, I'm new to the forum, and a new vegan. I have just about a week in and I feel absolutely great... except for one small thing. I find that my tummy is a little nauseated. Has anyone else experienced this when they were starting out, and what are some remedies to help combat this?

I'm absolutely ecstatic about becoming a vegan, and since doing so, I've found a new sense of self and couldn't be happier. Any help and direction in regards to my issue would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Ciao

Default Re: Nausea?

Oh... I guess no one wants to respond. Oh well.

Heh, give us a chance!

I know this is an obvious question, but are you eating something (or more of something) that you didn't previously eat? I'm thinking particularly of soy products as my mum for instance finds that they disagree with her...
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

some ginger sliced and steeped in hot water is pretty good for nausea
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

Actually, I've been trying to keep my soy intake to a minimum, so not to be so dependent of it. I think it might have just been the first few days after switching my diet completely, cuz today and yesterday I had no nausea at all, so hopefully it continues! Thank you very much for your reply

Not real name!

Quote emmapresley View Post
    some ginger sliced and steeped in hot water is pretty good for nausea
    Are we related?

I swear by Ginger Tea. I grate mine and leave it to steep for about 10 minutes. I also have enough Ginger to make it feel like I'm drinking liquid fire. Whenever I feel sick or that I might be getting a bug I swig the ginge and I'm okay.

I grew up omni and felt really nautious about every other day for about 2-3 hours on average, was usually after dinner. Didn't know why that was and just thought that was how I was put together. When I turned vegan a very pleasant and unexpected side effect was that my returning nausea just disappeared! Looking back I think I reacted to dairy and fatty meats. I still have to be careful if I eat very greasy foods, like a lot of deepfried stuff, but I don't tend to eat that way nowadays so I'm feeling fine. What I'm trying to say is to really look at what you've eaten, maybe even write it down and when you feel nautious try to cut the new foods or foods prepared in new ways out for a bit, see how you feel, then if you haven't feel nautious for a while introduce it again and see if it makes you nautious again. When you start to eat in a new way it takes time to find out what you and your body like to eat, how it's prepared and how you will feel afterwards.

I completely agree with the ginger tea tip, works wonders for nausea!

you're my brother er from another mother?
    unless youre into god type things and then im your sister and hes your papa and glory be and stuff.
    otherwise, no.

on an aside oblidee (oblida life goes on oh oh ohh..) you could combine the two (ginger and soya) with some other ingredients and make a very delicious marinade.
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

Depending on what kind of diet you had previously it could just be your body detoxing.
    As soon as you removed animal products from your diet your body had the chance to detox and they were released back into your system on their way out. When I cleanse, the first 4 days or so I feel incredibly nauseated as well as get a ginormous headache because all of the stored toxins are released again making me feel like a giant hangover pretty much. It's incredible how your body reacts when something in your diet changes. I don't know how much meat/dairy you previously consumed but, with with the cholesterol, mucus, hormones and god knows what else that are lurking in these products your body can never really get a chance to clean it's organs out and what not. From my experience, give it a couple weeks and soon you'll be feeling incredible, body and soul. I also recommend the ginger tea and lemon too...that will help flush your system.
    Hope this helps!
    If to live we have to be numb, I'd rather know the pain

Thanks for all the great information and suggestions. My nausea has seemed to stop now. So, that makes me rather happy!

I'm two weeks vegan and have also experienced episodes of nausea. It may just be part of the detoxification process. In my case it is bearable and occurs mainly at night, sometimes accompanied by headache.