Thread: Common colds, 'bugs' flu, etc

Rocket Queen

Default Common colds, 'bugs' flu, etc

Apologies if there's already a thread on such.
    I feel bloody awful. I had a nasty day at work due to swollen glands, sore throat, sneezes and a very sore nose, gross I know but evertime I blew my nose there was dry blood in it and the insides of my nostrils are really red. I have been ran down and stressed recently and think I just couldn't fight bugs. I work in an office & can't really be off sick-I had a nap when I got home from work but my head feels achy and bunged up (not headachy just heavy).

Does anyone else suffer from colds/bugs?Often or not? I know there's no cure just want some empathy really!
    The greatest mistake is to do nothing because you can only do a little.

Default Re: Common colds, 'bugs' flu, etc

Yes, sometimes, but not that often, famous last words. Probably 2 or 3 times a year. Strangely enough I have gory nostrils at the moment but no other symptoms that I've noticed. Some of my friends and relations have been complaining of sore throats though.

Hope you can have a nice rest this evening and feel better soon - why can't you be off sick if you are sick, if you don't mind my asking? If you think you're run down you could try taking multivitamins for a few days - I sometimes find that helps a bit (or appears to).

Rocket Queen

Thank you for reply-just works really hectic and at the moment I am heavily involved in training new people and it's very busy It would be very bad for me to be off due to that and I am seconded so they're judging me all the time, plus I don't get sick pay
    Thank you-am going to pop some vits right now!
    The greatest mistake is to do nothing because you can only do a little.

Sorry you feel bad!

I work in an office that makes me sneeze several times a day most of the time (very ancient wheezy air con! also not a very healthy building generally!) but haven't had a full blown cold/flue for quite a while. However, when I do, I like half a cup of apple juice topped up with boiling water with a teaspoon each dried cinnamon and ginger stirred in. I find that very comforting, and it's something that can easily be done at work too.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

cobweb

Get yourself a Neti Pot, they're great for congestion, sinus problems, and reducing the length of a cold by helping to irrigate your nose and wash out the nasties .

I tend to get maybe 2 colds every year but usually I get hit really hard - I think I tend to pick them up when I'm low anyway.