Thread: Vegan Birthday Cake in Sydney??

Default Vegan Birthday Cake in Sydney??

Hey, it's my first vegan birthday in a couple of weeks and I wanted to get a cake... I can NOT bake so I really don't want to make one... I just suck at baking and everything I bake turns out crap so I want to buy one.
    I really want a chocolate mud cake. Does anyone know a shop in Sydney that I could get one from???

Default Re: Vegan Birthday Cake in Sydney??

I'm sorry, I'm on the other side of the world, but would you consider making something that wasn't baked instead, if you can't find a shop that can help? Somewhere on here there should be a recipe for a chocolate pie that I think might be a bit like a mud cake and is basically a pie crust (made using crushed cookies) and then chocolate melted together with soya cream. I will have a look for the recipe in a second, although obviously I hope someone with more local knowledge can help you better
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

ive googled around and can't find anything! do you have a friend who could bake it for you?
    http://youandmesydney.blogspot.com/

HappyCow mentions an Organic Produce Cafe in Sydney that it says does some vegan cakes
    http://www.happycow.net/australia/ne..._wales/sydney/

Their website http://www.organicproduce.com.au/index.html doesn't mention cakes as far as I can see, but you could always contact them and check if they do them or know anyone who does.

I am a useless baker but I think I could probably manage one of the no-bake ones that Twinkle mentions - this one sounds simple enough for example http://www.eatthishouse.com/2009/06/...-pie-with.html (though you might be better going with Twinkle's one if she can find it as someone here will have tried that out).

Thanks everyone Those choc pies sound delicious!! I think I will try those if I can't find one... and I will call up that organic place

Looking again at the recipe I posted a link to, it mentions a store-bought crust but it might be easier to make one from crushed vegan biscuits - I'm sure we can find a recipe like that as it's what most people use for making pseudo-cheesecake.

We have bake sales every 2 months but we don't do them over summer as everything melts! Otherwise there's Vegan's Choice in Newtown, they sell Raw cheezecakes and Rubyfruits cheezecakes and cupcakes too!
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com