Thread: Dizzy

Default Dizzy

I keep being really dizzy, normally when I'm just waking up, and I find it v hard to wake up, I just kinda lie there spinning for hours!! Anyone know if this could be a deficiency?
    Thanks
    xxx

Default Re: Dizzy

More likely an inner ear problem. Seen a doc?

I don't think its inner ear because my balance is fine, its more when I'm lying down my head spins terrible and I can't really wake up. Doc is my next port of call but I'm so snowed under with essays I don't have time until mid next week!

When you see the doctor you could also get yourself checked for anaemia which a lot of young women have (not just vegans). I've found that makes me feel tired and sometimes dizzy.

Meantime you could try and make sure you're getting plenty of iron from your diet, if you don't already.

Do you feel dizzy if you stand up quickly?

Could be low blood pressure, if you lie down you increase the blood pressure to the brain (I imagine).

You could get a BP monitor and check it or just go see the doc.

Hope you get it sorted,

John.

Yeah I'd agree John. Its a phenomena they call postural hypotension & it's occurs when getting up from lying down or reclining. See the GP to confirm it's nothing more sinister.
    No guru, no method, no teacher

the only time i have ever fainted was once when i was lying down i jumped up suddenly and ran downstairs and then pow! next thing i knew i was lying on the floor being asked if i was alright...scary!

anyhow, i have joined this discussion because like squigaletta above i recently experienced a few dizzy spells; doc couldn't find anything wrong with me and so i wondered if it had anything to to with going vegan (nearly two years ago). i do not take any vits or supps. any ideas anyone? could it be the change in diet?