Thread: Link: "Stupid Things Omnivores Say: My Ancestors Ate Meat So I Should Too"

Default Link: "Stupid Things Omnivores Say: My Ancestors Ate Meat So I Should Too"

http://www.vegansoapbox.com/stupid-t...-i-should-too/

“I am thankful for meat eaters, as they are my ancestors, and I wouldn’t be here if they didn’t survive by eating meat!”
    I’m a white American. It’s likely some of my ancestors owned slaves. Does that mean I should own slaves now?
    My dad had seven children. If he didn’t have at least six children, I wouldn’t be here now. Does that mean I should have seven children?
    My friend’s dad drove drunk all the time when he was in his twenties and nothing ever happened. Does that mean my friend should drive drunk?
    My primate ancestors likely flung their poo and had sex in public. Does that mean I should fling my poo and have sex in public?

The past is the past for a reason. Live in the present.

Presently, most meat comes from animal agribusiness that not only treat the animals unfairly, they also spread human disease and cause massive pollution. It’s not good for your health, it’s not good for the planet, and it’s terrible for animals.

Let’s make sure future generations will be able to say, “My ancestors made the right choice to go vegan so that I could be here now.”
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Default Re: Link: "Stupid Things Omnivores Say: My Ancestors Ate Meat So I Should Too"

They also ate human meat and according to BBC news drank out of human skulls.
    You discover in him all the same organs of feeling as in yourself....has Nature arranged all the springs of feeling in this animal to the end that he might not feel?

BlackBow

Default Re: Link: "Stupid Things Omnivores Say: My Ancestors Ate Meat So I Should Too"

The early ones mostly ate nuts and berries. Meat some on later.
    Eating meat is just not natural for us. No matter what happened in the
    past.

Slightly related was a question about the human appendix ...

It seems that the purpose of a functioning appendix is to act as a store for bacteria that help break down cellulose.

It could be argued that 'evolution' to a meat based diet is responsible for the human appendixes demise.

Equaly possibly, and slightly more likely, is that the reason the human appendix is no longer needed is that humans learned to break down cellulose another way; By cooking their plant based foods.
    All done in the best possible taste ...