Thread: Opinions on Semi-Fruitarian Diet?

Default Opinions on Semi-Fruitarian Diet?

As some of you may know from my previous posts, I am trying to lose a bit of weight and gain some muscle instead. I noticed that I (funnily enough) gained a bit of weight since i turned vegan.

I ventured off to become a 100% fruitarian after 3 months of veganism. I stopped my fruitarian diet though after I nearly passed out in class and after a friend told me about developing health issues with his fruitarian brother (he has to take meds for a thyroid issue now).

It's difficult for me to plan on exercise since I'm booked with school work and a job. In the process, I decided to become fruitarian since weight loss came immedietly.

I was wondering what you all would thought if I became a semi-fruitarian. Meaning, I would eat a vegan (not fruitarian) breakfast and a vegan lunch (composed of COOKED vegetables only). Dinner will occassionally be skipped (I don't really like to eat dinner, though I may or may not have snacks from time to time, and who knows, there may be those occasions where I do eat a light dinner). I will replace misc. snacks with fruits, and try to incorporate a little bit of fruit to my breakfast.

I will try my best to incorporate a bit of exercise every day (say, 10-15 minutes of various types of exercises... mainly resistance type exercises).

What do you guys think about this?

Default Re: Opinions on Semi-Fruitarian Diet?

I think it might be a good idea if you consulted a qualified nutritionist. Failing that, keep meticulous track in a nutrition programme to make sure you're getting enough of eveything.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Are you making sure that you get enough calories, fats, protein, etc? I think that would be the main thing for concern..

Yes I'm confident that I'll be getting the proper nutrients in my body. As far as calories go, I'm trying to limit it to 1350 calories a day. Last time when I went dieting it was 1250 calories so I think I can handle it.

Wow, 1350 calories sure does not sound much (unless you are an 80 lb girl, that is).

Check out dr. Doug graham's 80/10/10 diet book, it deals with exactly that issue (how to thrive on a primarily fruitarian diet)

Best regards,
    Andy

Wow Andy, thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to check out the book.