Thread: Booby milk at an ice cream parlor near you

andybuildz

Default Booby milk at an ice cream parlor near you

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...ice-cream-sale

Baby Gaga breast milk ice cream has gone on sale at a London ice cream parlour. Photograph: Graham Turner for the Guardian
    At £15 for every 10 ounces, you could certainly say they're milking it for all it's worth.

A central London ice-cream parlour has started selling ice-cream made with human breast milk. The Icecreamists in Covent Garden, London, have named their unusual delicacy Baby Gaga.

The treat is made by mixing breast milk with Madagascan vanilla pods and lemon zest. The milk has been donated by women who were paid £15 for every 10 ounces of their bodily fluid.

The dessert is offered up in a martini glass to those daring enough to try it for £14. Liquid nitrogen is also poured into the glass using a syringe.

Despite its unusual ingredient, the company said the "organic, free-range and totally natural" product sold out when launched today.

"The response has been amazing. People at first say it's disgusting because it's a bodily fluid, but so is cow's milk," said owner Matt O'Connor. "People love it when they try it."

The company paid women who donated their breast milk after health screening. The Food Standards Agency says there are no specific laws prohibiting businesses from selling human milk products, but they must comply with general food safety laws to ensure the product is safe for consumption.

The Icecreamists say Baby Gaga will be on the menu as long as the supplies keep flowing.

Default Re: Booby milk at an ice cream parlor near you

Harpy posted about this over on the thread about 'Human Cheese'

I have very little to say about this other than

1) Excess breastmilk would be better used looking after poorly babies
    2) Their slogan 'liberating the world one lick at a time' is rather like a red rag to the proverbial (vegan) bull when they make their money off of animal exploitation
    Quitting something because it's hard is wrong, and quitting something because it's wrong is hard. One takes cowardice, the other bravery.

andybuildz

Quote Ms_Derious View Post
    Harpy posted about this over on the thread about 'Human Cheese'

I have very little to say about this other than

1) Excess breastmilk would be better used looking after poorly babies
    2) Their slogan 'liberating the world one lick at a time' is rather like a red rag to the proverbial (vegan) bull when they make their money off of animal exploitation
    Whoops..sorry..didn't see this article in the other thread. If a mod wants to remove this thread I won't be offended. My fault.
    Never ceases to amaze me how people will try and exploit/profit from anything they can rather than being conscious about improving life on this rock...

leedsveg

Quote Ms_Derious View Post
    Other slogans for this "£15 a pop food" spring to mind:

• Turn yourself into a sucker

• Feel like a t*t? Buy our £15 ice-cream and you will

• For the complete booby connoisseur

• You're never too young to 'Go Gaga'! etc

Coming soon from another producer: unbelievably expensive imitation sheepskin coats with the slogan:

"...and we'll fleece you again!"

You saw it here first

Leedsveg

(Please note that this posting was written purely for the purpose of comedy/satire and is in no way intended to be disparaging towards any existing business, its products and/or its customers.)

Don't worry Andy - perhaps some kind moderator will combine the two threads though.

They actually sent a food critic along to review this stuff today

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...ce-cream-taste

Makes writing about computers seem quite a nice job by comparison!

andybuildz

Personally I hope it's a big hit...kinda like I hope Sarah Palin runs for president. Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom to see some truth.
    Wonder how long before human pinkies become a delicacy. I hear it tastes like chicken and it'll fetch the donor $2000 a pinky. wonder how many folks we'd see walking around pinky-less...hahahahaha

haha @leedsveg

Well I read this last week and I'm really wondering how many people will buy this! I hope we get some updates later on about the sales!

As nasty as it sounds, it still makes more sense than consuming milk from cows.

andybuildz

It's dopey any way you want to look at it even in the best scenario b/c there's not enough human milk to make a difference in society other than what it was intended for...and the worst part is it's always about profit rather than using it for the good of the planet.. How about for babies that need breast milk but who's mothers can't supply it? course that never entered anyone's mind when it comes to the almighty dollar/shilling.

leedsveg

Quote Sequoia View Post
    As nasty as it sounds, it still makes more sense than consuming milk from cows.
    Hi Sequoia and welcome to the forum.

Whichever makes more sense for whatever reason, cannot see me buying either!

Leedsveg

Quote andybuildz View Post
    Personally I hope it's a big hit...kinda like I hope Sarah Palin runs for president.
    hey now...don't doom us all...
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

Quote leedsveg View Post
    Hi Sequoia and welcome to the forum.

Whichever makes more sense for whatever reason, cannot see me buying either!

Leedsveg

Thanks. Same here. People are too strange.
    "The future of mankind lies waiting for those who will come to understand their lives and take up responsibility to all living things.'" -Vine Deloria, Jr.