Thread: need a vegan AuPair now? :)

Default need a vegan AuPair now? :)

Hi all!

I came to the States last December as an AuApair. Sadly, my host family asked me to find another host family due to some circumctances. My AuPair agency is trying to find me another host family, but they told me it is challenging because...I am vegan! Yeap, this is a detail that seems to put people off.

Now, the agency told me if I do not find another host family until March 1st - yes, next week , I will have to go back to Serbia (my home country). This would really break me because I just started here China Study course and I applied to be a cooking instructor for Cancer Project. In other words, I believe that there is so much for me to do here and if they send me back, I won't have a chance to do these things. So, please if you now someone who needs an AuApair, or you need an AuApair, see my AuPair application video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ChOtJCOV1Q

and if you find me matching for your family, please contact me at marina.grubic@gmail.com or 703 629 6514 .

Thanks in advance,

Marina

Default Re: need a vegan AuAPir now? :)

I hope you find somewhere Marina. A lot of the people on here are in Europe (though there are some Americans as well) so I wonder if it might be worth also asking somewhere like the Vegetarian Resource Group's facebook page (which seems to be here http://www.facebook.com/#!/thevegeta...egroup?sk=wall) as I think that may have a higher representation of Americans.

Good luck.

Quote harpy View Post
    I hope you find somewhere Marina. A lot of the people on here are in Europe (though there are some Americans as well) so I wonder if it might be worth also asking somewhere like the Vegetarian Resource Group's facebook page (which seems to be here http://www.facebook.com/#!/thevegeta...egroup?sk=wall) as I think that may have a higher representation of Americans.

Good luck.
    Thanks!

Hi! I'm a nanny and caregiver and have found a lot of my jobs through Care.com. I heard back from a parent the day I posted my qualifications and experience!! It's great! You can search locally, so it's a really useful tool for finding AuPair/ nanny jobs in your area. Good luck!!
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

Quote ellaminnowpea View Post
    Hi! I'm a nanny and caregiver and have found a lot of my jobs through Care.com. I heard back from a parent the day I posted my qualifications and experience!! It's great! You can search locally, so it's a really useful tool for finding AuPair/ nanny jobs in your area. Good luck!!
    Thanks! But it seems that I have to return home...

Default Re: need a vegan AuPair now? :)

Oh no!! I'm so sorry! Are you forced to leave bc your visa/ etc? If not, you could continue to look for work outside of your agency...
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

Quote ellaminnowpea View Post
    Oh no!! I'm so sorry! Are you forced to leave bc your visa/ etc? If not, you could continue to look for work outside of your agency...
    Yes...I am leaving tomorrow. But, in this current host family I experienced so many bad things that I am looking forward to leave.
    I posted on some vegan websites, but found no family. The agency told me that people are simply put off by my vegan diet.
    Thanks...

Marina, I am very sorry to hear that!
    I wish you all the best for your next challenges in life.

Best regards,
    Andy

Oh no Perhaps once you are home you could fix something else up more easily? It probably is a good idea to try and find a vegan-type family so the diet thing isn't an issue, but that's hard to do when you're in a rush.

Quote Andy_T View Post
    Marina, I am very sorry to hear that!
    I wish you all the best for your next challenges in life.

Best regards,
    Andy
    Thanks Andy.
    Well, I learnt how much is GOOD to be back with MY family and how much I am happy just to be among people I love...so, it is not all that bad! )))))

That's good to hear. Do keep us up to date with your upcoming adventures!
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."