Thread: Horse dies, three others fall at Palio di Ronciglione, Italy (no graphic detail)

Default Horse dies, three others fall at Palio di Ronciglione, Italy (no graphic detail)

This medieval (in all senses of the term) horse race (one of dozens held up and down Italy throughout the year) was run yesterday, ending in the death of a horse in absolutely horrific circumstances, and the fall of three others.

Together with other activists we are campaigning hard to get these races banned. In the Palio of Siena alone (probably the most famous Palio), 48 horses have died since the Seventies. We are currently preparing a sort of electronic "postcard" to send to the organisers, and it would be great if anyone reading this could let as many people know as possible, and get as many people to sign as possible.

I will give you more info when I have it. I'll post the full article in the "Animal Cruelty" forum.

What makes this worse is that the municipality where the race was held blatantly ignored various provisions that would have made the race (a bit) safer; they have to be made aware that this form of "entertainment" has no place in the 21st century.

Thanks for reading

Default Re: Horse dies, three others fall at Palio di Ronciglione, Italy (no graphic det

Yes will definitely sign that and ask others to as well, fiamma.

Default Re: Horse dies, three others fall at Palio di Ronciglione, Italy (no graphic det

Thanks harpy. I wasn't there - by all accounts it was an absolutely appalling scene Will give you more info as soon as I have it. xx