Thread: Dirty Vegan Foods

Default Dirty Vegan Foods

Dirty Vegan Foods

This is really only relevant to our friends in the US, but you can buy something called a Winky on here which, I presume, is a vegan version of the snack called Twinkies? And other nice stuff, besides

Apologies if this has been posted before, or if it is a well-known website! I found them on twitter.
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

RubyDuby

Default Re: Dirty Vegan Foods

awesome! Thanks!
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

Freaky! Just last night I was wondering whether anybody made a vegan twinkie after watching a certain episode of Family Guy.

Awesome. Now to marry an American.
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

I think Cakewalk were the original vegan bakery to sell twinkies, only they call them Dillos? They're the ones Woody Harrelson ate in Zombieland when he's meant to be eating actual twinkies.

I like the bit with Randy Newman in the Family Guy episode. Also the giant rats Meg leaves Mr Swenson fighting off.

ETA: actually, I'm not sure if it was Dillos Woody was eating, I know they've been around for some time though. There's also a recipe for twinkies early on in the Vegan Lunchbox blog.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Thanks for posting! I definitely don't need to be eating any of that food, but I am happy to know it exists in case I get a terrible craving for twinkies or creme filled cupcakes!
    tabbouleh-bouleh

Quote twinkle View Post
    I think Cakewalk were the original vegan bakery to sell twinkies, only they call them Dillos? They're the ones Woody Harrelson ate in Zombieland when he's meant to be eating actual twinkies.

I like the bit with Randy Newman in the Family Guy episode. Also the giant rats Meg leaves Mr Swenson fighting off.

ETA: actually, I'm not sure if it was Dillos Woody was eating, I know they've been around for some time though. There's also a recipe for twinkies early on in the Vegan Lunchbox blog.
    I think I'm going to need about a year of touring the US... I need to fit in these kinda places, and all the gyms, too
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

Hey you guys, Dirty Vegan foods was at my college, PC, for the stuartstock music fest this past weekend and O M G!!! These taste amazing! since goin vegan I haven't tasted anything like this. They taste and look like Hostess food (the cookie remind of the cookies in the malls, the ones that smell so good and are soft- forget name of them) but even better b/c they are healthier and you don't get a gross aftertaste like after the artificaL Stuff. I tried one of each thing they had (was cupcake, twinkie, cookies, ring-ding ding-dong) and after me and my roomate ate them all we googled to find the website and found this thread. So just wanted to share my good experience with you guys. Also I did find their site www.dirtyveganfoods.com and on the blog says they have an etsy shop now which is awesome b/c i am on etsy all thetime for my vintage vegan stuff. So I recomend these, were amazng. Just great snack food products, we are going to keep the dorm stocked with these vegan yummies!