Thread: Can't find the User CP (User Control Panel) - or "Group Memberships"?

Exclamation Can't find the User CP (User Control Panel) - or "Group Memberships"?

Hi all,

I got a message today from a member who told me that the forum software tells him/her to go to the User CP (User Control Panel), but that s/he can't go there.

Please let me know if others get this error message (or other error messages) as well. Some of the sections were renamed between version 4.* and version 4.* of the vBulletin Software. "User Control Panel"/"User CP") is now called Settings, and you'll find the settings in the upper right corner of (almost) every page.

The Group Membership" page is now called "Permission Groups".

Some of the phrases used in error messages have been updated, but obviously not all, so please let me know if you see messages like the one above or other messages which don't seem to make any sense.

I just manually changed some of the error messages, but many of them are part of the standard phrases created by the developers. These would be better off if they were changed in the next version. I'll let them know which error messages which need to be fixed if you can copy-paste the error messages to me.

These messages mainly have to do with clicking on the right buttons to get access to areas one won't automatically have access to without joining the so called "Permission Groups".
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Default Re: Can't find the User CP (User Control Panel) - or "Group Memberships"?

Well what I noticed is that the "Settings" tab is missing, which I used all the time. I don't use the others though.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Default Re: Can't find the User CP (User Control Panel) - or "Group Memberships"?

You're right! The Settings menu seems to have disappeared from the Kelisa skin. Unfortunately, the guy who converted the old Kelisa skin the vBulletin 4 compatible version is also gone.... I'll see if I can sort that out as soon as I have time. Thanks.

Quote DiaShel View Post
    Well what I noticed is that the "Settings" tab is missing, which I used all the time. I don't use the others though.
    Is it back now? If not, which browser are you using?

^ it's back. Thanks!
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh