Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Easter eggs

Default Re: Easter eggs

Update on the Tesco Mint Egg- my mum checked and it definitely has beeswax I've updated the blog (also added the 'milk' choc choices one- thanks witchy!)

I had one of the bunny ones you can get in Sainsburys. It was soooo yummy
    Last year I had the sainsburys freefrom egg and it was nice but not as milky tasting as the bunny. I saw the dark lindt bunny today and it smelt really nice.. ahehh
    "Life is life – whether in a cat, or dog or man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man’s own advantage."

Quote Gwydion View Post
    Aye. Nice one

The Celtic unit can be found in Waitrose by the way.
    Thanks! Added, and i'll be looking out. I never get to go to big supermarkets, not having a car but I'm trying to persuade someone to take me!

Quote xwitchymagicx View Post
    I saw the Simpsons one in my local Sainsbury as well as the Tigger one...obviously same product though.

I want them to make "fancy" Easter eggs for vegans...preferably white chocolate!! I shouldn't complain because at least I got two milk chocolate ones buuuuuut...hinting for the future....

I ordered some egg moulds yesterday.
    Sorry, I didn't realise they were doing the Simpsons one this year (haven't seen it anywhere buit I will be on the lookout!) but I think I got a couple last year from TKMAXX.

Just been to Marks and Spencer and they have a Vegan Egg - its Dark Chocolate with Cranberrys and Pecans shoved in the middle - the packaging says that it is not suitable for milk allergy suffers due to the method of production (I think this means milk is used in the same factory), but the ingredients listed seem Vegan.

Also Thorntons have dark choc eggs that dont have milk in them - although as with most products has the warning - may contain traces blah blah blah

I think that After Eight eggs are Vegan as well (last time I looked they listed the egg ingredients separate from the thins and there was no milk in the egg - just the milk traces warning), just as long as you dont eat the After Eights that come with it.
    I think last year they also did an egg with a mug (with the "May contain" warning though) and a bunny that was vegan (and delicious) but I haven't seen them this year.

Aldi are doing Dark chocolate covered marzipan eggs in a grab bag - or one large 100 gram one.

Viva have an easter section on their website with a few things on (almond butter filled bunny etc), I think that they are mostly from Sjaaks http://www.vivashop.org.uk/catalog/viva/easter

Quote Firestorm View Post
    Sorry, I didn't realise they were doing the Simpsons one this year (haven't seen it anywhere buit I will be on the lookout!) but I think I got a couple last year from TKMAXX.

Just been to Marks and Spencer and they have a Vegan Egg - its Dark Chocolate with Cranberrys and Pecans shoved in the middle - the packaging says that it is not suitable for milk allergy suffers due to the method of production (I think this means milk is used in the same factory), but the ingredients listed seem Vegan.

Also Thorntons have dark choc eggs that dont have milk in them - although as with most products has the warning - may contain traces blah blah blah

I think that After Eight eggs are Vegan as well (last time I looked they listed the egg ingredients separate from the thins and there was no milk in the egg - just the milk traces warning), just as long as you dont eat the After Eights that come with it.
    I think last year they also did an egg with a mug (with the "May contain" warning though) and a bunny that was vegan (and delicious) but I haven't seen them this year.

Aldi are doing Dark chocolate covered marzipan eggs in a grab bag - or one large 100 gram one.

Viva have an easter section on their website with a few things on (almond butter filled bunny etc), I think that they are mostly from Sjaaks http://www.vivashop.org.uk/catalog/viva/easter

Thanks for this, I've added the viva and thorntons stuff to my blog, along with a post on chocolate rabbits and some things I found shopping over the weekend! They sell those marzipan eggs in Lidl too, just bought some. Being mother's day today and my dad's bday soon, this weekend I was in Asda, Waitrose, Morrisons, Sainsburys and Lidl. There were no vegan eggs at all in Morrisons or Sainsburys! Asda had the Kinnerton one. Waitrose was the best in terms of selection, with the lindt dark choc bunnies, 2 dark choc eggs that I hadn't heard of/ seen before that seemed vegan, a celtic (dark) egg and a mini divine egg. Lidl had the marzipan ones as I said.

One thing I'd say re the After Eight is that if part of the product contains milk then even if you can eat some of it you've still purchased a milk product... so I personally wouldn't.

Quote kikifromscotland View Post
    Thanks for this, I've added the viva and thorntons stuff to my blog, along with a post on chocolate rabbits and some things I found shopping over the weekend! They sell those marzipan eggs in Lidl too, just bought some. Being mother's day today and my dad's bday soon, this weekend I was in Asda, Waitrose, Morrisons, Sainsburys and Lidl. There were no vegan eggs at all in Morrisons or Sainsburys! Asda had the Kinnerton one. Waitrose was the best in terms of selection, with the lindt dark choc bunnies, 2 dark choc eggs that I hadn't heard of/ seen before that seemed vegan, and a mini divine egg. Lidl had the marzipan ones as I said.

One thing I'd say re the After Eight is that if part of the product contains milk then even if you can eat some of it you've still purchased a milk product... so I personally wouldn't.
    I have to say I agree about the After Eights (with thins) and wouldn't buy them myself, but I thought that some people may buy them and give the thins to non-vegan family/friends or that it would make an easy option for well intentioned relatives to buy.
    Sorry to hear about Sainsburys - I always find them a bit hit and miss - sometimes they have loads of stuff, sometimes they dont, some of its in the special diets section and some isn't and I always end up spending hours wondering round like a lunatic

I found: http://www.premiumchocolatiers.com/easter-fun-c-21.html

It is American though and don't think they even ship to UK...who knows!
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Lakeside Ethical Treats stock chocolate cream eggs, Moo Free Easter Eggs, Montezuma Easter Bunnies and Chunky Eggs. All profits go towards grassroots vegan campaigning. http://www.ethical-treats.co.uk

Alot of chocolate are selling plastic Bunnies filled with Moo Free Choc Drops

Goodness Direct are selling Divine easter eggs at half price. They also have some Dark choc Green & Blacks, which now appear to be Vegan again - They are also half price

Are you having trouble finding a shop with Easter Eggs still in stock? Lakeside Ethical Treats still have a load of Moo Free Organic, Fairtrade Easter Eggs available. All orders are now being despatched first class so that they reach you in time for Easter! And Sweet & Sara Marshmallows are now in stock too!

www.ethical-treats.co.uk

Quick roundup of the vegan eggs available:

-Animal Aid have the Moo-Free (egg & bunnies), Booja Booja, Montezuma's Mini Eggs, Divine Mini Eggs, Cocoa Loco Dark Chocolate Half Eggs & Dark Chocolate Egg with buttons inside*

-Vegan Store have the Moo-Free (egg & bunnies), Booja Booja, Montezuma's Mini Eggs & Bunnies, Cocoa Loco Mini Eggs, Divine 55 Gram Egg & Mini Eggs, Holy Cow Bunnies & Sugar Chicks/Bunnies

-Viva have Cocoa Loco Half Eggs, Sjaaks bunny, Sjaaks Filled Eggs (Vanilla truffle, Raspberry truffle, Almond butter, Creamy Caramel and Peanut Butter)

-Alternative Stores have Moo-Free (egg & bunnies), Celtic (Dark Egg, "Milk" Egg with Discs, "Milk" Egg with Caramels, White Chocolate Bunny, White Chocolate Egg, "Milk" Chocolate Egg), unbranded "Milk" Half Eggs, Mini Eggs & Easter Shapes, Montezuma's Mini Eggs.

-Tesco have Lindt Dark Bunny, Large Divine Egg & may have the adult Kinnerton Dark Chocolate Egg

-Asda have the Kinnerton adult Dark Chocolate Egg

-Sainsburys have the Kinnerton adult Dark Chocolate Egg, own brand Dark Chocolate Egg, Lindt Dark Bunny, Celtic "Milk" Egg with Discs or Caramels & White chocolate Egg, own brand Dark Chocolate Bunny (not suitable for milk allergy sufferers due to manufacturing methods)

-M&S have an own brand Dark Bunny (which looks very similar to a Lindt bunny albeit more expensive - not suitable for milk allergy sufferers due to manufacturing methods)

-Waitrose have the Lindt Dark Bunny & Large Divine Egg

-Aldi have Marzipan Half Eggs & Dark Bunny

-Inspiral have a raw egg

-A lot of chocolate have Moo-Free & Booja Booja

-Love Lactose Free have Moo-Free (egg & bunnies), Booja Booja, Celtic "Milk" with Caramels, Mulu Raw Egg, Montezuma's Mini Eggs

-RAWR have Raw Solid Chocolate Eggs

-Mulu have a Raw Chocolate Egg

-John Lewis have Montezuma's Mini Eggs & Dark Egg, Cocoa Loco Dark Egg 1.25KG £30 (did not check the ingredients list but the smaller version is vegan), Hotel Chocolate Sandwich Egg.

-Selfridges have Moo-Free Eggs, Celtic Dark Eggs, Chococo Dark Ginger Egg

-Chococo have a Dark Ginger Egg

-Holland and Barrett have Celtic "Milk" Egg with Discs, "Milk" Egg with Caramels, White Chocolate Egg

-Goodness Direct have Moo-Free, Montezuma's Egg, Bunnies & Mini Eggs, D&D Dark Egg, Shapes, Bunnies & Hollow Eggs, D&D Carob Egg, Mini Eggs, Hollow Eggs & Shapes, 2 Divine Eggs & Mini Eggs, Booja Booja

-Honest To Goodness have Moo-Free Eggs

-Ethical Wares have Moo-Free (Eggs & Bunnies) & Dark Cream Eggs (I have tried these and didn't like them)

-Able & Cole have Montezuma's Bunnies & Dark Egg, Cocoa Loco Dark Half Eggs & Chocolate Egg with Buttons

-There are a few Greens & Blacks floating around that may or may not be Vegan, I can never keep up with their constantly changing policy about labelling

*If you are going to get the Cocoa Loco egg its better value to buy from Able & Cole. Animal Aid are selling it for £12.50 with £3.50 delivery. Able & Cole are selling it for £9.99, delivery is £0.99 but you have to spend more than £10 to qualify (I bought some Sojade chocolate puddings just to put the price up to £10.84 which is still far cheaper than AnimalAid).
    Last edited by Firestorm; Mar 4th, 2013 at 08:49 PM.

Hi Firestorm, thanks so much for putting such a helpful list up! Perfectly timed too since my dad got me a milk chocolate easter egg today *groan* (yes, I am an adult haha). I think I will have to donate it or something...

Aldi are doing 120g dark chocolate easter bunnies for 69p.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth